Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

This is what the Pelicans and other small market teams are up against. The next CBA surely will address this in some way, otherwise the inmates will continue to run the asylum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    This is what the Pelicans and other small market teams are up against. The next CBA surely will address this in some way, otherwise the inmates will continue to run the asylum.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...?ocid=msedgntp
    NBA doesn't care about parity. The Supermax still existing is proof of that. It's just easier and more cap friendly to buy a super team. I'll believe it When the NBA start creating actual competitive salary cap incentives for resigning players.

But why... NBA has been built on the back of dynasty not farm market fans. Just the ugly truth

Ainge is getting fired... Wow...

Brad Steven got promoted to BPO.... Whatttt...

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That’s wild.

Honestly.. Don't know if this hurts them or not. Getting rid of Ainge was the right move.

Inbe4 we hire Ol' Pump Fake after we inevitably fire Griffin next year.

I’m watching this on mute in dentist waiting room. Stephen A Smith just left the set. Are they that upset about Garnett possibly becoming a head coach?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-02-2021 at 10:11 AM.

I’m watching this on mute in dentist waiting room. Stephen A Smith just left the set. Are they that upset about Garnett becoming a head coach?
    There is this narrative about Steven failing up into a promotion because of his race. I'm pretty modern on race politics, but I just don't see the case of Steven failing up. He has a very good run at head coach, but he does look burnt out on coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    There is this narrative about Steven failing up into a promotion because of his race. I'm pretty modern on race politics, but I just don't see the case of Steven failing up. He has a very good run at head coach, but he does look burnt out on coaching.
    POBOs earn more than head coaches?

My view on it is pretty simple.

Hard to evaluate some of his recent tenure: last year was weird and cut short, and this year the Celtics had tons and tons of injuries all year. Tatum had COVID mid-season, Brown didn't even make it to the playoffs, Kemba missed tons of time, Smart missed time, etc.

But there are a few trends in his career as an NBA head coach which shine through regardless of any specific roster alignment, and a lot of those issues are regarding player trust and usage of the roster: to elevate that guy to a position where he will be making direct decisions regarding roster construction may end up exacerbating those issues and end up being a mistake. That said, Ainge has spent the last decade in one of the richest positions in the NBA and hasn't really made anything definitive happen with it, so I can see why they would want to move on from him.
    Basketball.

lmao

Not exactly the best thing you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

lmao

Not exactly the best thing you want to hear.
    Ouch...

Lonzo S&T for Kemba??

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Lonzo S&T for Kemba??
    How about we trade Bledsoe and give them some cap relief? Can't have two short guards over 30.

I'd rather just get Powell and maybe Lowry in FA.. Bleh... But FA class is super Blehhhh.

Jayson Tatum Demand a Trade 2k21

Lonzo S&T for Kemba??
    Dont need a black hole. Much rather Marcus Smart and a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Dont need a black hole. Much rather Marcus Smart and a 1st.
    Man... Besides Tatum and maybe buying low on Brown. I rather not touch the Celtics roster. It's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... Besides Tatum and maybe buying low on Brown. I rather not touch the Celtics roster. It's a mess.
    Smart will be on an expiring next year. So if it doesn't work you still walk away with a 1st (most likely with protections).

But instead of Kemba, I'd 100% much rather just try to draft Davion Mitchell. Same iso skills as Kemba, but bigger, stronger, and much better on/off ball defense.

Sell the farm for Jaylen Brown please and thank you

Lonzo S&T for Kemba??
    A 6'6", 23 year old with tons of upside vs a 6'0", 32 year old who can't guard his shadow and has plateaued (being generous...more likely has declined)? I'll pass.

Not saying I'd keep Lonzo, but I wouldn't trade him for this.

Kemba Walker way overrated. Just look at his awful stats in playoffs. Kemba = Bledsoe 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Griff during his end of season presser:

"We've got to do better from a strength and conditioning standpoint."

"Because we weren't able to really address those things in a way that made sense for young players, we weren't able to grow in the way that we needed to and I think that was very evident."

Griff during his end of season presser:

"We've got to do better from a strength and conditioning standpoint."

"Because we weren't able to really address those things in a way that made sense for young players, we weren't able to grow in the way that we needed to and I think that was very evident."
    What he meant by this?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    What he meant by this?
    Some house cleaning coming. Strength Coordinator gone

Thread Information