Pelicans Report

Page 149 of 157 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Pretty sure that's on Trajan Langdon.
    Exactly!! Melli was negotiating with the Nets when Langdon left the Nets for New Orleans. Melli just followed Langdon to New Orleans.

And, I totally agree with Lucky. In fact the worst mistake Griff has made since his hire was letting Christian Wood get away when he wanted to stay with the Pelicans and would have signed on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Exactly!! Melli was negotiating with the Nets when Langdon left the Nets for New Orleans. Melli just followed Langdon to New Orleans.

And, I totally agree with Lucky. In fact the worst mistake Griff has made since his hire was letting Christian Wood get away when he wanted to stay with the Pelicans and would have signed on the cheap.
    I hate this Christian Wood take man. There is nuance that's not discussed with Wood. At the time, Wood had a past, some domestic violence allegations, and was with questionable circles that this organization didn't feel comfortable to invest in. Also his defense and contributions of winning basketball for his position at the moment was not something that we felt we needed.

All in all, even if C Wood blossomed, at that moment he was a problem child that Griffin didn't want apart of his "family".
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Yeah. Same as Asik. People very easily hit that pinata with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight but when that deal went down, it was still the era where you HAD to have a big man to contend. The league was dominated by slow plodding big men and inside basketball and AD was refusing to be that big man. There was also a scarcity for good big men so they were being overpaid like crazy. The day it went down, the contract made sense but that very season, the Warriors changed the landscape of the NBA and 3ball came to dominance. Dell can blamed for not being clairvoyant and seeing that change...or Asik's freak injury complications.....but it's harsh to use it out of context the way it always seems to get used because not many people saw that change coming.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-26-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Pretty sure that's on Trajan Langdon.
    Pretty sure it's not.

I'm not going to sit here and pick and choose which moves are Langdon and which are Griff, when it's pretty obvious whom has the last say on personnel moves.

Despite any rumors about Wood, he was working hard right here in the city and had contributed to the team. He's a young player that should have been allowed to grow. Which is what he seemed to do here.

You're welcome Houston.

Even so, Melli was obviously not the right replacement. That was a real miss and not just some pill the team had to swallow to effect a trade.
    Last edited by luckyman; 08-26-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Pretty sure it's not.

I'm not going to sit here and pick and choose which moves are Langdon and which are Griff, when it's pretty obvious whom has the last say on personnel moves.

Despite any rumors about Wood, he was working hard right here in the city and had contributed to the team. He's a young player that should have been allowed to grow. Which is what he seemed to do here.

You're welcome Houston.

Even so, Melli was obviously not the right replacement. That was a real miss and not just some pill the team had to swallow to effect a trade.
    If Langdon doesn't come to New Orleans, Melli doesn't come to New Orleans. The relationship between the two pre-dates Langdon's arrival in NOLA. So sorry, they are hooked at the hip. If you want to blame Griff, go right ahead, but I see it as Langdon being entrusted with the decision and failing miserably (also see DiDi).

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. Same as Asik. People very easily hit that pinata with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight but when that deal went down, it was still the era where you HAD to have a big man to contend. The league was dominated by slow plodding big men and inside basketball and AD was refusing to be that big man. There was also a scarcity for good big men so they were being overpaid like crazy. The day it went down, the contract made sense but that very season, the Warriors changed the landscape of the NBA and 3ball came to dominance. Dell can blamed for not being clairvoyant and seeing that change...or Asik's freak injury complications.....but it's harsh to use it out of context the way it always seems to get used because not many people saw that change coming.
    What you said applies to the trade for Asik (which I think can be excused) but not the extension (inexcusable) which happened after he got played off the floor vs GSW in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Pretty sure it's not.

You're welcome Houston.

Not taking a side, don't know if it's true, just noting I heard something similar on a pod. From an article:

"I think Wood's incredibly talented, we know the numbers," Russillo said. "I think he's a tough guy to play with. I think he's a tough guy to have around... I think he's kind of a tough teammate. I'm talking about the locker room stuff, doesn't get the ball enough, shaking his head in the timeout, making sure everybody knows that he's pissed, you know. That kind of stuff.... I don't know that there's a pity party for any team when he's gone, alright, so I'll just leave it at that."

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Good deal for Bulls. Sad that they got more for Markkanen than we got for Ball. I guess Griff really thought he had a shot at Lowry and dumped Ball quickly to try and do so.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Good deal for Bulls. Sad that they got more for Markkanen than we got for Ball. I guess Griff really thought he had a shot at Lowry and dumped Ball quickly to try and do so.
    Because Lauri is better.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Because Lauri is better.
    Except that he is not.

Also, Bulls desperately wanted Ball and Griffin did not take advantage of that. He really should have been able to get a far out protected 1st at least.

Except that he is not.

Also, Bulls desperately wanted Ball and Griffin did not take advantage of that. He really should have been able to get a far out protected 1st at least.
    Griff didn't want to sit on Ball to get the best deal.

Klutch was leaking to Chicago. Chicago knew the Pelicans was after Lowry and needed the cap to make it work.

The Bulls must have a great PI working for them that is getting incriminating pictures to help juice the compensation they receive in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Griff didn't want to sit on Ball to get the best deal.

Klutch was leaking to Chicago. Chicago knew the Pelicans was after Lowry and needed the cap to make it work.
    Sad thing is Lowry sad he never considered NOLA. How did Griffin not pick up on that in the conversations and his due diligence?

Sad thing is Lowry sad he never considered NOLA. How did Griffin not pick up on that in the conversations and his due diligence?
    Too much optimistic.

But one brighter note is that this front office learns it lesson whenever it's too optimistic on something so they won't repeat this mistake again.

Apparently, Griff doesn’t like to tamper. Hence, why is didn’t realize Lowry had no interest in Nola. He signed with Miami shortly after free agency opened. There was already a deal in place that Griffin didn’t know about until the last minute, otherwise I think the moves would have gone a lot smoother on the Pels part. The Pels just need to start tampering like everyone else.

IDA or whatever that eyesore in the gulf is coming straight for us. Y’all stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Because Lauri is better.
    2-3 years ago this was true. Definitely not true now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Apparently, Griff doesn?t like to tamper. Hence, why is didn?t realize Lowry had no interest in Nola. He signed with Miami shortly after free agency opened. There was already a deal in place that Griffin didn?t know about until the last minute, otherwise I think the moves would have gone a lot smoother on the Pels part. The Pels just need to start tampering like everyone else.
    There's not a chance in hell Griff is this dumb.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

It's an even bigger travesty because those lime things are good, too.

Hope everyone is doing OK, this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It's an even bigger travesty because those lime things are good, too.

Hope everyone is doing OK, this AM.
    I’ll never know ����AD
    I'm a grinder

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Sixer let Ben Simmons and Klutch completely tank his trade value.

Pull a James Harden 2.0 when you had all Summer to trade him for Brogdon and 2 1St or that Toronto trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Sixer let Ben Simmons and Klutch completely tank his trade value.

Pull a James Harden 2.0 when you had all Summer to trade him for Brogdon and 2 1St or that Toronto trade.
    Any chance that NO has any desire to make a move for Simmons? Is he a good fit? What would it take to get him? I realize his value is low and the 76ers were delusional in thinking they could get Lillard in a trade, but does NO have a enticing trade package?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Any chance that NO has any desire to make a move for Simmons? Is he a good fit? What would it take to get him? I realize his value is low and the 76ers were delusional in thinking they could get Lillard in a trade, but does NO have a enticing trade package?
    if we get INVOLVED to get some a player or two... sure wouldn't be against that. But trading for Simmons??? Nah bruh, thats a quick way to get the fan base/Zion the hell up outta here sooner rather than later. Also, its rumored that he wants to go to LAL, LAC, or SAC so getting players that ESPECIALLY don't want to be here is Bledsoe 2.0.

Thread Information