Pelicans Report

Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    What is the general consensus about current roster? Do we think our day 1 roster is as it is today or is there any potential for a move prior to season start?
    I think we start the season as is.

Graham
    NAW
    BI
    Zion
    Jonas

The player on the hot seat will be NAW and if he doesn't deliver by All Star Break, 3M3 will replace him (too much upside defensively to ignore).

Rotation will include:

3M3
    Naji
    JAX/H'Gomez (whichever is playing better)
    Temple
    Kira/Satoransky (whichever is playing better)

Hart will begin the season in rotation, but Naji will outplay him in short order.

If we are in contention at All Star Break, we might try to rent Bradley Beal for the remainder of the season (or go all in if he agrees to an extension).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I think we start the season as is.

Graham
    NAW
    BI
    Zion
    Jonas

The player on the hot seat will be NAW and if he doesn't deliver by All Star Break, 3M3 will replace him (too much upside defensively to ignore).

Rotation will include:

3M3
    Naji
    JAX/H'Gomez (whichever is playing better)
    Temple
    Kira/Satoransky (whichever is playing better)

Hart will begin the season in rotation, but Naji will outplay him in short order.

If we are in contention at All Star Break, we might try to rent Bradley Beal for the remainder of the season (or go all in if he agrees to an extension).
    Unless Naji is shooting above 35% from 3, he's not knocking Hart out of the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy0125 View Post
    Cool video of NAW and Spencer Dinwiddle playing 1 on 1.

Something about NAW's stroke I really don't like. It's just... kinda ugly

Spence has a perfect stroke

I also think NAW dribbles too high
    Last edited by AusPel; 08-23-2021 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Sheesh I wish Dinwiddie was here
    That was the plan

What is the general consensus about current roster? Do we think our day 1 roster is as it is today or is there any potential for a move prior to season start?
    If everyone remained the same as last year, we would be a worse team. But everyone won't remain the same. I'm optimistic we'll see big steps forward from our young guys making the team better than it was last year. I also think we are setup very nice financially to make big plunges in the future to take the team to the next level.

So......a team of young promising players ready to make a playoff run in 2022 and the future cap flexibility to make a big splash while also maintaining a treasure trove of assets to trigger that splash.....I like where we are.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

There is a ton of potential with this roster if they can buy in defensively (and the 3pt shooting is respectable). This is where Willie and his staff come in and we either sink or swim in both areas. Zion and Ingram bring the playmaking and scoring threat. We just have to see that step up in commitment defensively from both.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Something about NAW's stroke I really don't like. It's just... kinda ugly
    I have to agree. His stroke is somewhat unconventional. I have a hard time seeing him every becoming a really good 3 point shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I have to agree. His stroke is somewhat unconventional. I have a hard time seeing him every becoming a really good 3 point shooter.
    He has such a high release though. He would have the highest release in the league.

From that video, he had multiple three pointers bouncing around the rim and falling in. That's not normal

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Sheesh I wish Dinwiddie was here
    Another guy that Griff offered the bag to and dude turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Another guy that Griff offered the bag to and dude turned it down.
    What was the offer

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans47 View Post
    What was the offer
    Would have been 20 mil per surely

I feel like 4 years 100 mll would have got it done

We definitely should have offered Spence the bag

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Similar release to Trey murphy just a pit higher. Both have that kind of shot put motion, which makes it difficult to be consistent off the dribble but is fine for spot ups

The shot doctors on here would rather NAW shoot like Dinwiddie, who hasn't shot above 34% from 3 since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The shot doctors on here would rather NAW shoot like Dinwiddie, who hasn't shot above 34% from 3 since 2016
    And would pay him more than 20mil per year. I guess he must be then a great defender. Oh wait ..

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Similar release to Trey murphy just a pit higher. Both have that kind of shot put motion, which makes it difficult to be consistent off the dribble but is fine for spot ups
    His is a bit different from Murphy. It's not just a shot put motion, it is also a very high shot. As announcers say, draws rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans47 View Post
    What was the offer
    Jordan Schultz: League sources believe the Spencer Dinwiddie sweepstakes are a three-way race between the #Pelicans, #Knicks and possibly #Wizards. I’m told the Pels have been coveting Dinwiddie and could they have the inside track – perhaps w/a longer deal that would pay him upwards of $20M per
    https://hoopshype.com/rumor/three-wa...cer-dinwiddie/

Folks kill Griff for not getting deals done, but dude has been offering $$ to a lot of guys that just don't want it.

To be fair, Jordan Schultz is almost never right about the Pels. Feels like he's more of a plug for west coast teams

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    More veteran leadership? Going after Paul Milsap? Do he and Willie Green or Dantoni have history I’ve forgotten about?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    More veteran leadership? Going after Paul Milsap? Do he and Willie Green or Dantoni have history I’ve forgotten about?
    The state of Louisiana has a relationship with him.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Apparently Noel is claiming that Rich Paul ignored teams that tried inquiring about offering a contract to him, and he ended up signing the 2 year minimum with OKC after directly talking to some of the players and not based on anything Rich Paul did.

Wow. Not surprised at all. Probably won't phase their game with big name players but hopefully more people avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post

Apparently Noel is claiming that Rich Paul ignored teams that tried inquiring about offering a contract to him, and he ended up signing the 2 year minimum with OKC after directly talking to some of the players and not based on anything Rich Paul did.
    He only filed it in retaliation for Klutch filing a suit on him for not paying his commission. If he felt that butt hurt about it why didn't he file his suit before Klutch filed theirs? Or just pay his commission due then fire them?

And this is nothing new. These agencies get sued all the time.
    Last edited by luckyman; 08-25-2021 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He only filed it in retaliation for Klutch filing a suit on him for not paying his commission. If he felt that butt hurt about it why didn't his before Klutch? Or just pay his commission due then fire them?

And this is nothing new. These agencies get sued all the time.
    Perhaps he recently only found out about Rich Paul ignoring teams when they reached out to him about Noel and perhaps he only realized recently that he could sue based on that.

It?s Noel?s fault for firing his previous agent and passing on the 70m deal. But if there is proof as suggested that Paul didn?t even try to help get him a contract then Paul is in serious financial and legal trouble. Could potentially even lose his ability to represent NBA players. Noel of course has to prove his allegations but discovery could easily find emails or phone calls by teams and no responses by Paul.

So Melli is going back to europe (Italy). NBA days are done. And it's not like he had a choice.

I am no where near as critical of Griff as too many are on here, but that one was an actual egg. Especially when Christian Wood was right there at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So Melli is going back to europe (Italy). NBA days are done. And it's not like he had a choice.

I am no where near as critical of Griff as too many are on here, but that one was an actual egg. Especially when Christian Wood was right there at the time.
    Pretty sure that's on Trajan Langdon.

Thread Information