Pelicans Report

Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We really gonna bet against Hornets to not match a lowly 12 million per year contract for a good shooter. They probably do it out of spite than trade him at the deadline.
    Then it seems by that logic it wouldn't be a waste of a first round pick and course correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I think he is saying that people are being petty complaining about the moves made this far. We didn?t make any overpay Asik like moves and that?s for sure. I think Griffin has done a much better job than Demps at building a team with a bright future. I think many are over valuing the first round pick we gave up. Maybe it?s shellshock from what Demps did with our Rockets picks that actually had good value.

Grffin has done a great job of bringing in staff such as one of the top trainers( which we need with Zion and Ingram.. and Pels history) and a great line of assistant coaches. The scouting department also seems to be top notch since our first round picks are still on the roster and expected to either start or come off the bench. We finally have a solid undrafted player to round things out.

The future is bright. Our team is even better by the way we drafted Murphy and signed Hart. Now Hart is asked to do less and his efficiency should drastically improve. Not to mention he is great trade bait as long as he produces much more in the reduced minutes.

Graham is consistent at the guard position, which is what we needed most. Forget the days of never knowing what you were going to get out of your PG because they could score 20 plus in one night with a high shooting percentage or turn around and shoot 3/13 but provide excellent defense with 2 turnovers to negate it. Oh and with our rebounding now, we can afford to take more threes with more confidence.

So many little things being under looked but it all comes down to the W?s. If we don?t, when then we have a chest full of assets to unload to get us to that level. The main piece is Zion. We need him to be who we think he can be. The rest will fall into place nice the way things are set up. The FO won?t tell him that but it?s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We really gonna bet against Hornets to not match a lowly 12 million per year contract for a good shooter. They probably do it out of spite than trade him at the deadline.
    Where did I say anything about Graham?

I will absolutely be watching the Squadron this season. Love me some John Petty

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

I will absolutely be watching the Squadron this season. Love me some John Petty
    Insane he didn't get drafted or at least a summer league invite
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Nevermind lazy research on my part, he was with Detroit

I wonder what the unguaranteed money was on Hardaway Jr after seeing the Josh Hart deal. It's possible they did the same thing with Hardaway as they did with Hart where they offered 25% above market value in order to get 2 unguaranteed years. Graham basically has an unguaranteed final year as well.

If you're Hardway, 4/88 with only 44 guaranteed looks worse than 4/72 fully guaranteed, or whatever the final numbers were. Not facts just a thought, and could be a simple explanation to the whole THJ thing.

I wonder what the unguaranteed money was on Hardaway Jr after seeing the Josh Hart deal. It's possible they did the same thing with Hardaway as they did with Hart where they offered 25% above market value in order to get 2 unguaranteed years. Graham basically has an unguaranteed final year as well.

If you're Hardway, 4/88 with only 44 guaranteed looks worse than 4/72 fully guaranteed, or whatever the final numbers were. Not facts just a thought, and could be a simple explanation to the whole THJ thing.
    They certainly would not attempt to structure a contract like that with a free agent, but I can see them trying to have the last year non-guaranteed or partial guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    They certainly would not attempt to structure a contract like that with a free agent, but I can see them trying to have the last year non-guaranteed or partial guaranteed.
    Not sure why that's certain when you're offering 4 mil more per year

Not sure why that's certain when you're offering 4 mil more per year
    You really think anyone could compete with a FA by offering 2 fully non-guaranteed years? Especially one that signs for $72 million.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I think he is saying that people are being petty complaining about the moves made this far. We didn?t make any overpay Asik like moves and that?s for sure. I think Griffin has done a much better job than Demps at building a team with a bright future. I think many are over valuing the first round pick we gave up. Maybe it?s shellshock from what Demps did with our Rockets picks that actually had good value.

Grffin has done a great job of bringing in staff such as one of the top trainers( which we need with Zion and Ingram.. and Pels history) and a great line of assistant coaches. The scouting department also seems to be top notch since our first round picks are still on the roster and expected to either start or come off the bench. We finally have a solid undrafted player to round things out.

The future is bright. Our team is even better by the way we drafted Murphy and signed Hart. Now Hart is asked to do less and his efficiency should drastically improve. Not to mention he is great trade bait as long as he produces much more in the reduced minutes.

Graham is consistent at the guard position, which is what we needed most. Forget the days of never knowing what you were going to get out of your PG because they could score 20 plus in one night with a high shooting percentage or turn around and shoot 3/13 but provide excellent defense with 2 turnovers to negate it. Oh and with our rebounding now, we can afford to take more threes with more confidence.

So many little things being under looked but it all comes down to the W?s. If we don?t, when then we have a chest full of assets to unload to get us to that level. The main piece is Zion. We need him to be who we think he can be. The rest will fall into place nice the way things are set up. The FO won?t tell him that but it?s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The future is bright

I'm excited that our team feels like a team. It seems put together with reason with people's skill complimenting each other. Most importantly to me it feels like everyone wants to be here.

That said, I never saw Bledsoe's effective tanking coming before I saw him on the court and I am cringing at the thought of people complaining about Zion coming in and instead of celebrating him we hear endless exaggerated stories of him wanting out or complaints on his BMI. While we have so many hopes pinned on him , over analyzing his situation just puts unnecessary stress on us and fans and him as a player. He plays best when he plays with joy for the game. I hope we can do the same and make him feel welcomed and wanted and not picked apart and judged. The Front Office is finally doing their part. I hope we do ours.

I know that everyone we've brought in is excited to be here, outside of JV (because I haven't heard anything from him). And Hart to an extent

This enthusiasm has to be infectious. If we get Zion to really buy in on the defensive end then we could be a 5-6 seed

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I know that everyone we've brought in is excited to be here, outside of JV (because I haven't heard anything from him). And Hart to an extent

This enthusiasm has to be infectious. If we get Zion to really buy in on the defensive end then we could be a 5-6 seed
    I think there was an interview with JV in Lithuania recently. That's the only one I've seen though. I'm curious on the fit and if he will take more mid-range & 3 point shots in this roster. Maybe he could have a Brook Lopez type of transformation into shooting more 3's. But last year's team definitely needed someone else who can reliably score in the half court to allow Zion and Ingram to conserve some energy that can use on defense. I'm definitely excited for this year to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I think there was an interview with JV in Lithuania recently. That's the only one I've seen though. I'm curious on the fit and if he will take more mid-range & 3 point shots in this roster. Maybe he could have a Brook Lopez type of transformation into shooting more 3's.
    I am certain management recognizes the similarity of how our team is built to the Bucks, so you can bet they'd love to have Jonas doing a nice Lopez impression. Trouble is, Zion lacks the height of Giannis and BI lacks the strength of Middleton to really emulate them on the defensive end. We are indeed starting to look like a younger 'poor man's' Milwaukee Bucks. The options are, you continually add ferocious defensive beasts to the roster to compensate, or else go the Net's route and add offensive firepower. But ALWAYS add more shooting as long as Zion is on this team.

Regardless, this next season should be exciting to watch, and our offense should be much more efficient!

I can see the Bucks comparison but also a bit of the Suns style of play minus the absolute elite level of talent they have at PG. In any case, it doesn't look like we're shaping up to be Big 3 & Change type team but something more of a Bucks/Sun fusion.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I can see the Bucks comparison but also a bit of the Suns style of play minus the absolute elite level of talent they have at PG. In any case, it doesn't look like we're shaping up to be Big 3 & Change type team but something more of a Bucks/Sun fusion.
    the more I think about this, the more I am convinced that so much is going to come down to backcourt play.....fingers crossed....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

After watching a few Hornets games, Graham's highlight videos can definitely be misleading. But not necessarily in a bad way.

Despite the scoring outbreaks he is very willing to mute his game and be a pass first point guard. Sometimes to a fault to the point of disappearing. His passing is very underrated. Throws lobs as well as Lonzo.

Interesting to see how his game looks next to BI, Zion, and Jonas instead of Rozier, Bridges, PJ Washington, and Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    After watching a few Hornets games, Graham's highlight videos can definitely be misleading. But not necessarily in a bad way.

Despite the scoring outbreaks he is very willing to mute his game and be a pass first point guard. Sometimes to a fault to the point of disappearing. His passing is very underrated. Throws lobs as well as Lonzo.

Interesting to see how his game looks next to BI, Zion, and Jonas instead of Rozier, Bridges, PJ Washington, and Hayward.
    This is an aspect of his game that many people underrated. He had a higher AST% and a lower TOV% last year than Lonzo despite playing on a team with LaMelo absorbing the majority of the playmaking minutes and playing a lot of time among backups. He's a good passer.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I think there was an interview with JV in Lithuania recently. That's the only one I've seen though. I'm curious on the fit and if he will take more mid-range & 3 point shots in this roster. Maybe he could have a Brook Lopez type of transformation into shooting more 3's. But last year's team definitely needed someone else who can reliably score in the half court to allow Zion and Ingram to conserve some energy that can use on defense. I'm definitely excited for this year to begin.

What an upgrade over Adams. The GOAT tip her back in?

I was legit sad for him when Raps traded him in their chip year. He'd been there for the start and deserved a ring as much as any of them
    Last edited by AusPel; 08-22-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Cool video of NAW and Spencer Dinwiddle playing 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy0125 View Post
    Cool video of NAW and Spencer Dinwiddle playing 1 on 1.

Sheesh I wish Dinwiddie was here

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    What is the general consensus about current roster? Do we think our day 1 roster is as it is today or is there any potential for a move prior to season start?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    What is the general consensus about current roster? Do we think our day 1 roster is as it is today or is there any potential for a move prior to season start?
    It's good. Better than last year on paper IMO

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm pleased with this current roster. I think Trey Murphy could be a revelation. He has FAR more ability offensively with the ball than I suspected. I knew he had plus defensive traits, but he also seems to have the dog in him to want to put the Clamps on defenders.

Of course, taking down fellow rookies is one thing. I wish I could be a fly on the wall the first time he has to guard Brandon Ingram.

Thread Information