Pelicans Report

Page 145 of 157 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Someone mentioned Hart's shooting form sometimes being a weird fall away motion. I feel like anytime I actually pay attention it looks pretty good.

Is there any correlation between his efficiency/effort on defense and his 3pt%? Like maybe as he is getting more rebounds and steals he start to get tired and put up that ugly form and miss. I know I do whenever I play lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    What are the Grizzlies even doing?
    It will be clear when they have a top 5 pick next year, along with a bevy of other future 1sts and a young core plus a ton of flexibility. They have had a masterful offseason IMO and did exactly what I wish we would have done the least two offseasons before this one.
    @mcnamara247

I actually like the Hart signing and on the surface it is not a bad contract at all (will have to wait for all the details). It continues to add to the flexibility that we have. I'm really interested to see what rotations Willie will go with.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It will be clear when they have a top 5 pick next year, along with a bevy of other future 1sts and a young core plus a ton of flexibility. They have had a masterful offseason IMO and did exactly what I wish we would have done the least two offseasons before this one.
    Yea I disagree entirely. I agree with the vision, but I disagree with the execution. With Morant, JJJ, Dillon Brooks, Adams, Clarke, Melton, Bane, Tillman, Slowmo, etc, they are far too deep and far too good to get a top 5 pick unless they actively tank. Even that, at this point, it?s no guarantee that you get a top 4 pick.

I would?ve consolidated all those young vets and moved them for picks during the draft. I also would?ve tried to move JJJ and 10 in order to move up for someone I believed in more than Zaire

Again, I think it was right for them to take a step back, but they still have way too many good NBA players in order to do so

Just read Patrick Beverly was traded to the Timberwolves. He would have been a great pickup for the Pelicans. Not only would he be a team leader he would have been a great mentor to the young guards.

Yea I disagree entirely. I agree with the vision, but I disagree with the execution. With Morant, JJJ, Dillon Brooks, Adams, Clarke, Melton, Bane, Tillman, Slowmo, etc, they are far too deep and far too good to get a top 5 pick unless they actively tank. Even that, at this point, it?s no guarantee that you get a top 4 pick.

I would?ve consolidated all those young vets and moved them for picks during the draft. I also would?ve tried to move JJJ and 10 in order to move up for someone I believed in more than Zaire

Again, I think it was right for them to take a step back, but they still have way too many good NBA players in order to do so
    Yeah they are far less likely to be in the play-in chase, but also unlikely to be going into the lottery with a top 5 odds at getting the #1 pick. They'll still need to get lucky to move up. They're now basically where Chicago was the previous few seasons.

And we already saw how just flat out tanking and trading for picks can turn out. OKC had good odds at walking out of this year's lottery with the #1 & #5 pick and only ended up with #6.

I think they just saw that where they were, they were only going to be able to add late lottery pick talent to their roster and be stuck in limbo unless they get super lucky with a hit like Paul George, Giannis, or Kawhi. So I don't blame them overall for what they're doing now.

I challenge you to find the last team to finish bottom 5 with a healthy all star PG

Quote Originally Posted by Zionite View Post
    Just read Patrick Beverly was traded to the Timberwolves. He would have been a great pickup for the Pelicans. Not only would he be a team leader he would have been a great mentor to the young guards.
    I imagine he'll almost certainly get bought out and go right back to L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yep, they seem very sharp and precise in their moves.

What are we even talking about here lol. They are not worse than the Rockets, Thunder, and Pistons. They would need severe regression to be worse than the Timberwolves and Magic. Then, teams like the Cavs, Raptors, Kings, and Hornets all have to make leaps. There's a better chance that Memphis picks 10th this season than 5th.

If Memphis is picking top 5, something has gone seriously wrong with Ja

If Jonas is truly that impactful that the switch from Jonas to Adams takes Memphis from the 8th seed at 38-34 to a bottom 5 team, then we should all be a lot more excited about the Pelicans this season

If Jonas is truly that impactful that the switch from Jonas to Adams takes Memphis from the 8th seed at 38-34 to a bottom 5 team, then we should all be a lot more excited about the Pelicans this season
    I don't think Jonas is that much of a game changer. He's just exceptionally consistent, but not someone that'll wow you. His overall product may wow you, but he's a guy that does all parts of the game right while never truly a master of any.

We also had an injured Adams by the end of January. Which Adams has already had a rep of his body breaking down on him in the season. So, Jonas will compete at a high level consistenly and that'll make him a better player.

Is Jonas better than theoretical Peak Healthy Adams for a season? Yes, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't think Jonas is that much of a game changer. He's just exceptionally consistent, but not someone that'll wow you. His overall product may wow you, but he's a guy that does all parts of the game right while never truly a master of any.

We also had an injured Adams by the end of January. Which Adams has already had a rep of his body breaking down on him in the season. So, Jonas will compete at a high level consistenly and that'll make him a better player.

Is Jonas better than theoretical Peak Healthy Adams for a season? Yes, in my opinion.
    I think what you get adding Jonas is three high level scorers in the front court, so ideally in our rotations we should always have at least two of them on the court to play off each other. Ideally.
    Last edited by Freyfamilyreuni; 08-17-2021 at 01:42 PM.

I kind of wonder if our front office is taking a wait and see approach with NAW to see if he takes a big step up this year, before making any big trades to bring backcourt help to the Pels.

That trade for Jonas will continue to be highly undervalued by many...until it can't.

Honestly I think people love to love what Memphis and the Thunder do because there's not really any basis to judge them on. It's like, oh yea the Thunder picked up another first, great move by the Thunder. Oh the Grizzlies found another rotation player in the late first, great move by the Grizzlies. But in actuality, are these really great moves? Are these actually ceiling moving moves?

At the end of the day, what the Grizzlies have to show for it, right now, is a team that goes about 12 deep with NBA caliber players, which is something that can't be said for 95% of the league. They have so much invested in Jaren Jackson Jr. and I'm just not sure he's the 3rd guy on a championship team. I'm positive he's not the second guy on a championship team.

They're extremely similar to the Hawks in how they're built, but they have a worse lead guy as well as worse ancillary pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I kind of wonder if our front office is taking a wait and see approach with NAW to see if he takes a big step up this year, before making any big trades to bring backcourt help to the Pels.
    I'll start to sound like a broken record, but NAW is the key for this team to reach its ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm kind of happy... Gives TM3 a real path to explode and get big minutes.
    Good point. If we had gotten another lights-out sniper instead of re-signing Hart, it would likely have eaten into TP3's minutes. At least until Hart is traded... And hopefully any unguaranteed $ in Hart's contract will motivate him to get in the gym with BI.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christo...h=2dbcc03715fc

Waiting for DG to come out in the open. Might have to wait til training camp media sessions.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/christo...h=2dbcc03715fc

Waiting for DG to come out in the open. Might have to wait til training camp media sessions.

Killer article. Thanks for posting.

Interesting side note, Josh Hart's agent is also J Redikk's agent.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Interesting side note, Josh Hart's agent is also J Redikk's agent.
    and?

My hope for Hart is that he comes into the season, plays well to start the year, and gets moved by all-star break.

If he stays long term, which I am somewhat sceptical of, then my hope is that he changes his game fairly significantly. The hustling and the rebounding is cool and all, but I'd love for his defense to be better (better as in, more impactful rather than just busier: Hart is very very good at making himself look busy) and for his shooting to tick up a little. I'd happily take a slight dip in his uncontested defensive rebounds in exchange for 2.5% improvement from 3
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    My hope for Hart is that he comes into the season, plays well to start the year, and gets moved by all-star break.

If he stays long term, which I am somewhat sceptical of, then my hope is that he changes his game fairly significantly. The hustling and the rebounding is cool and all, but I'd love for his defense to be better (better as in, more impactful rather than just busier: Hart is very very good at making himself look busy) and for his shooting to tick up a little. I'd happily take a slight dip in his uncontested defensive rebounds in exchange for 2.5% improvement from 3
    The first five off the bench should be:

3M3
    Naji
    JAX
    Temple
    Satoransky/Kira

...in that order until Herbert forces himself into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    and?
    The feathers of a player and his agent got ruffled. That player has been very vocal about the treatment. Deals and trades all fall through so Griff finds himself sitting on some cap that's not being used. Hart gets overpaid a bit to massage the relationship of the agent....maybe even a "please reign in your guy". We'll see if the negative talk simmers down from here.

Thread Information