Pelicans Report

Page 144 of 157 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    How important do you think his relationship with BI and Zion contributed to his resigning?
    Not at all - because he wont be here for very long. I would give him a 0 percent chance of finishing that 3 year contract with us, and less than a 25 percent chance of even starting year 2 of that deal on the Pels
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    There’s a very huge human element that you guys are NOT taking into account: Zion & BI love Hart. This guy proposed to his fianc? out here, wants to be here, and has established himself with the current big TWO. You do not want a situation where we ship out Ball, Jrue, and Hart so now Zion?s pissed that he has to find new friends every year. Also, we have a ********ty rebounding reputation, Hart bolstered this and also excelled in his role off the bench.

The other portion that you guys keep over-looking is Valenciunas, he brings additional offense and rebounding that we did not have last year at that position. Also, NAW as a starter should at least average 16PPG (I’m serious), that automatically enhances us on that side of the ball and upgrades our backcourt. The sky isn’t falling, he got paid and I can guarantee that if the Pels went cheap and didn?t sign this guy, Zion would be one more foot out the door. Perhaps BI too. I can guarantee that.
    And we added Graham, who I think will thrive playing with BI and Zion

Terrible contract
    SIGN A SF

I'll wait to see the full contract details. As agents usually leak this stuff and then the actual numbers come in a little lower with partial guarantees and the like, but this is pretty bad contract and I'm not convinced the pelicans are any more flexible than they were at the start of the offseason.

Paying near 20 million for replace level production between Hart and Temple is not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Terrible contract
    Probably giving him a slight overpay (with in all likihood non-guaranteed money on the back end) so that he re-signs a multi-year deal that allows him to be traded in the offseason if they don't find a good trade by the deadline... similar to what the ended up doing with Adams in flipping him for JV.

Hmmmm...

Sato $10
    Temple $5
    Hart $12.6

=
    $27 million

And

$17 million trade exception

That’s options folks.

But Griff really hasn't been some master deadline wizard. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's still takes two to tango.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-16-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Probably giving him a slight overpay (with in all likihood non-guaranteed money on the back end) so that he re-signs a multi-year deal that allows him to be traded in the offseason if they don't find a good trade by the deadline... similar to what the ended up doing with Adams in flipping him for JV.
    The hope is that there's some form of team option, or a mostly unguaranteed 3rd year, or some bonus-related thing, such that the contract is less bad than it looks. Cause just on its face, it's not good.
    Basketball.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Wow what a bad contract. I would have preferred to just let him walk then give him that deal.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    We didn’t just “flip Adams for JV”. We had to attach firsts to him and Bledsoe in order for Memphis to take that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    We didn’t just “flip Adams for JV”. We had to attach firsts to him and Bledsoe in order for Memphis to take that deal.
    I mean yeah that's expected when you upgrade a position. But going from #10 to 17 when there's not really a drop off from those picks this year, and a top 10 protected Lakers pick next year which is likely around the #25th pick isn't that big of a hit.

Pelicans still also have a ton of future picks to attach to Hart to try to flip for another upgrade if another team is willing to just dump players so that they can tank, at least seemingly that's what Memphis did. Swapping JV & Grayson Allen for Adams & Bledsoe (who's now been flipped for two players on the decline, one of which is probably going to be bought out), otherwise makes no sense for them.

Wow what a bad contract. I would have preferred to just let him walk then give him that deal.
    You dont even know what the deal is yet or how its structured. But, okay

Have you seen the Smart contract??

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not at all - because he wont be here for very long. I would give him a 0 percent chance of finishing that 3 year contract with us, and less than a 25 percent chance of even starting year 2 of that deal on the Pels
    That would make me feel better if not for the disappointment of failing to move him prior to this year. Seems pretty obvious all the other options fell through. I'll take "plan C" if it still leads to something positive, but I'm still of the opinion that THIS season needs to finish very strong or we're losing Zion.
    Last edited by neworleanshoo; 08-16-2021 at 08:28 PM.

So how bout that Temple contract eh.

How is the second year fully guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    That would make me feel better if not for the disappointment of failing to move him prior to this year. Seems pretty obvious all the other options fell through. I'll take "plan C" if it still leads to something positive, but I'm still of the opinion that THIS season needs to finish very strong or we're losing Zion.
    I think you would feel much better if you knew what Zion's people have said to the team. It aint playoffs or bust in their eyes. They want to see a better roster and more wins, yes. But more than that, they want to see a clear and concise plan with leadership that is all on the same page. And they are pleased with the Willie hire. Just need to continue to relay a consistent message throughout camp, and have a team that plays with effort, and there is no immediate fear of Zion asking out

I'm kind of happy... Gives TM3 a real path to explode and get big minutes.

I think you would feel much better if you knew what Zion's people have said to the team. It aint playoffs or bust in their eyes. They want to see a better roster and more wins, yes. But more than that, they want to see a clear and concise plan with leadership that is all on the same page. And they are pleased with the Willie hire. Just need to continue to relay a consistent message throughout camp, and have a team that plays with effort, and there is no immediate fear of Zion asking out
    Thanks for sharing that inside info. Definitely something we’d never get from the talking heads on TV. I think you put some fan minds at ease…definitely mine. Appreciate it.

Well if this is true, can't hate on them for that. Think it's what we all want.

And I do like Hart coming back for the "plays with effort" aspect. It's clear SVG lost the team and Green is billed to be the type of coach players put effort out for but giving him guys like Hart, JV, Naji, Graham, TM3, and Didi should go a long way to establishing that culture.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Terrible contract
    Hahaha. That old school sig is triggering my PTSD. We have it, now. We have our SF.....it's probably our most loaded spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm kind of happy... Gives TM3 a real path to explode and get big minutes.
    I wonder if summer league play or maybe a Buddy/Green meeting after last night's game influenced this signing.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-17-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I don't just feel much better, I'm thrilled. All in on Josh Hart! Seriously, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I don't just feel much better, I'm thrilled. All in on Josh Hart! Seriously, thanks for that.
    But also

What are the Grizzlies even doing?

Maybe Hollinger is the GM again

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I like Hart as a player. I think he will pay off his new contact and will be an improvement for us. His rebounds and commitment will always be useful!

Thread Information