Pelicans Report

Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Is this one of those situations where this is an overpay right now, but an asset in two years as a trade piece? I know some were saying that's the idea with paying someone like Lonzo 20-22M.

I don't hate it just because I don't hate having Hart on the team. I'll be happier if he pushes that 3% up a little more.

I already got my negative energy out on this franchise. So... I think I'm gonna sit this one out and happily look at TM3 highlights. Lol.

Like where did Hart find this leverage...lmao. Ain't nobody want him...

Are we even competing against anyone for his signature? Ourselves I guess. Big overpay- but maybe that motivates him to perfect his shot. I like Hart so I?ll believe. He has to improve that shot for it to be worth though.

In his defense, were we really going to sign anyone anyways? Maybe we just said F it and gave him his money to round out the roster. Not ideal, but at least we aren?t making a bad trade and are getting a useful player back. Depth is nice. Work on that 3 ball brother

32.6% from 3 just will not cut it this year from Hart. He needs to be around 36% or he's not useful on this team, no matter how good his rebounding is.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    32.6% from 3 just will not cut it this year from Hart. He needs to be around 36% or he's not useful on this team, no matter how good his rebounding is.
    Yep. I like Hart, but he needs to live in the gym like BI and get that percentage up. Earn that contract

Why not sign Schroeder instead for less than half the price? He?s way better than Hart too.

I am really disappointed with Hart?s contract

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yep. I like Hart, but he needs to live in the gym like BI and get that percentage up. Earn that contract
    Josh is 26. I think this is just who he is at this point.

I'd also assume this means we won't use the rest of the MLE

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Josh is 26. I think this is just who he is at this point.
    I don’t believe that. Shots are something that can be fixed later in the career. But I concur that I would not get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I'd also assume this means we won't use the rest of the MLE
    Wouldn't be surprised to see a Willy overpay with a bunch of non guaranteed money to be used as trade fodder down the line

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Ouch?. Def not the news I was hoping for

All of this Josh Hart stuff is weird. Wonder what went on behind the scenes b/c dude took down his number and that he's even on the team from twitter, now this over pay but I guess the hope is a large portion is not guaranteed and usable in a trade.

That being said, I did want to see how Josh and Naji would play together. Toughness and defense coming off that bench will be great.
    Frank needs to help him on his shot and he needs not to run his mouth about us to other teams and people.

So, all this talk of Griffin bringing in shooting was typical Griffin talk? We swapped out Ball for Graham and added a rookie. Where is all the shooting he was going to get?

I hope this works out for us, because I'm tired of giving up assets to ship out deadweight.

Solomon Hill
    Eric Bledsoe
    Steven Adams

I hope Hart doesn't get added that list unless we trade for a Superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    All of this Josh Hart stuff is weird. Wonder what went on behind the scenes b/c dude took down his number and that he's even on the team from twitter, now this over pay but I guess the hope is a large portion is not guaranteed and usable in a trade.

That being said, I did want to see how Josh and Naji would play together. Toughness and defense coming off that bench will be great.
    Frank needs to help him on his shot and he needs not to run his mouth about us to other teams and people.
    He cleaned up his IG for some other off court stuff. He never took it out of his twitter bio. People over react to nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, all this talk of Griffin bringing in shooting was typical Griffin talk? We swapped out Ball for Graham and added a rookie. Where is all the shooting he was going to get?
    He tried. Couldn't get it. Looks like he went after Hield and Lauri but their team(s) asking for too much in return. Also, gotta believe he prob asked about Ingles and Bodgadavich but Jazz aren't given them up now.

At least this time he didn't make any bad deals (aside for maybe this Josh Hart one) putting our team in a bind. I honestly think he goes after Lillard and/or Beal but I just don't know if we're going to be able to get either if they don't choose to play here. We'll see what happens.

Hart has been a streaky shooter if he can just hit his open shots consistently I'm not mad at all. I don't understand why he is so inconsistent because his form is nice and he has been in the league a while now. He is going to hustle, play good D and get boards ...if he can add some much needed scoring to the 2nd unit .. I'm not mad at all he deserves the money. If we didnt pay him he would have claimed we didnt appreciate him like Lonzo is claiming and lost out on him also..so Im ok with it if he can hit shots..Zion and Bi will get him open 95 percent of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You guys would be shocked how 'Gossip Girl' the entire league is. From players to coaches to execs. My theory is that the vast majority of execs and agents were nerds/losers, etc in their early years and nobody ever cared about what they have to say. Now, they have all the hot gossip and love that people hear what they want to say. They all chatter like housewives.
    Still a long leap to calling Hart a rat for Gentry.

Y'all think we still should go after Paul Milsap or we good?

There’s a very huge human element that you guys are NOT taking into account: Zion & BI love Hart. This guy proposed to his fianc? out here, wants to be here, and has established himself with the current big TWO. You do not want a situation where we ship out Ball, Jrue, and Hart so now Zion?s pissed that he has to find new friends every year. Also, we have a ********ty rebounding reputation, Hart bolstered this and also excelled in his role off the bench.

The other portion that you guys keep over-looking is Valenciunas, he brings additional offense and rebounding that we did not have last year at that position. Also, NAW as a starter should at least average 16PPG (I’m serious), that automatically enhances us on that side of the ball and upgrades our backcourt. The sky isn’t falling, he got paid and I can guarantee that if the Pels went cheap and didn?t sign this guy, Zion would be one more foot out the door. Perhaps BI too. I can guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You cant force other teams to give you guys - and we have also seen you cant force guys to come to NOLA. The league is in a weird holding pattern right now, with a lot of teams waiting to see what happens with Ben Simmons, Lillard and a few others. Nobody wants to trade good players and teams that are willing to trade good players are waiting to see if they can trade them for great players.

Bringing back Hart for multiple years gives you another tradable contract, and more importantly since it is three years, he cant veto the trade. Nobody inside the organization thinks the roster is set, by any means, but they now have a bunch of tradeable contracts and a 17 mil TPE if/when something becomes available
    @mcnamara247

How important do you think his relationship with BI and Zion contributed to his resigning?

BI yes but I didn't know Josh was that close to Zion. We need to stop having so much turnover so that's good.

Thread Information