Pelicans Report

Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    And still got the player we wanted at 10. Who cares about Pat Beverly and Rondo? Didn't we learn our lesson with Bledsoe? Those guys wouldnt give a crap if they came to Nola. You guys really wanted to take on an additional 10 million in order to get off Bledsoe?
    First, Langdon put that to rest. He even said he could not say that they would have taken Murphy at 10, but that they had him rated higher than 17. We had 2 other players above Murphy that we were targeting between 10 and 17 and both got taken. Would you take on Beverly and Rondo on expiring contracts for a 1st rounder? I would argue Rondo is a much better person to have on the bench and in the locker room than Temple as the veteran leader. So, there would have been no need to commit to a 3 years/$15 million deal with Temple. Beverly could have either been kept to help teach defense to the youngsters and as someone who could hit the 3 or he could have been re-rerouted by the deadline. However, Griffin may have better ideas for the TPE than taking on expirings for a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    First, Langdon put that to rest. He even said he could not say that they would have taken Murphy at 10, but that they had him rated higher than 17. We had 2 other players above Murphy that we were targeting between 10 and 17 and both got taken.
    I can tell you for a fact that this is not true

I can tell you for a fact that this is not true
    So Langdon in a public interview lied?

And we also dropped from 10 to 17 as a result of that.
    And basically drafted the same player type we would at 10 that we would at 17. We was pretty high on Murphy.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-16-2021 at 01:56 PM.

First, Langdon put that to rest. He even said he could not say that they would have taken Murphy at 10, but that they had him rated higher than 17. We had 2 other players above Murphy that we were targeting between 10 and 17 and both got taken. Would you take on Beverly and Rondo on expiring contracts for a 1st rounder? I would argue Rondo is a much better person to have on the bench and in the locker room than Temple as the veteran leader. So, there would have been no need to commit to a 3 years/$15 million deal with Temple. Beverly could have either been kept to help teach defense to the youngsters and as someone who could hit the 3 or he could have been re-rerouted by the deadline. However, Griffin may have better ideas for the TPE than taking on expirings for a 1st.
    I heard Kispert and Durante... But as a prospect... I probably still rather side with Murphy upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I heard Kispert and Durante... But as a prospect... I probably still rather side with Murphy upside.
    If Murphy was gone we wanted Kispert or Duarte. Obviously the board fell in the Pels favor and those guys were picked above Trey

If Murphy was gone we wanted Kispert or Duarte. Obviously the board fell in the Pels favor and those guys were picked above Trey
    The heavy speculation was Moody was one of the 2 that went between 10 and 17 that the Pels had higher than Murphy.

I guess no Buddy Hield with Josh Hart re-signing.

Lineup

PG: Graham/Kira/Satoransky
    SG: NAW/Hart/Didi
    SF: Ingram/Murphy/Temple
    PF: Zion/Marshall/Jones
    C: Valanciunas/Hayes/Hernangomez
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-16-2021 at 04:07 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What does this do far as deadline options?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I guess no Buddy Hield with Josh Hart re-signing.

Lineup

PG: Graham/Kira/Satoransky
    SG: NAW/Hart/Didi
    SF: Ingram/Murphy/Temple
    PF: Zion/Marshall/Jones
    C: Valanciunas/Hayes/Hernangomez
    When did Hart sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heavy speculation was Moody was one of the 2 that went between 10 and 17 that the Pels had higher than Murphy.
    I have some receipts that this is not the case lol. Possible there's different sources with different info

Can't say I'm a fan

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Ugh. Hope we move him at the deadline.

I think Murphy could sneak his way into the starting lineup by seasons end if he continues to build on what he has shown in summer league.

$12+m a year for Hart is a hefty overpay in general. Doubly so when you realise that guys like Naji have basically taken his job and are better at it.

Gotta hope there's some unguaranteed money, or a team option, or the plan is to trade him. Cause just giving him that contract straight up with the intention of retaining him is a very questionable choice.
    Basketball.

To clear so much cap space with the use of multiple first round picks only to largely retain the same team is a tremendous failure. Need to crush the developmental phase now

How does Hart get double the $$ that someone like Cam Payne got?

Can't say I'm a fan
    I kinda expected this when I saw the Pelicans' YouTube posted the 1st interview with Sato a few hours ago. Would feel wrong to do that and then trade him a few days later. I guess it still could happen though.

So much for getting Buddy. Sounds like a pretty big overpay for Hart. A bit disappointed that Griffin is giving him this much. Hoping 3rd year is team option, but doubting.

That's a bunch of yikes.

To clear so much cap space with the use of multiple first round picks only to largely retain the same team is a tremendous failure. Need to crush the developmental phase now
    I get your point but 3 starters have been replaced. The team is actually going to look fairly different. Obviously the two biggest pieces are not.

If all goes right, the Pels will be the 10th best team in the west. Alright!

Well. The TM3 Era gotta start now. Lol

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Ugh. Really not happy with this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well. The TM3 Era gotta start now. Lol
    He is the only addition with potential for star power. I predict that he is in the starting lineup with Ingram and Zion by the end of the season. Maybe NAW outplays Graham to be the other starting guard. A lineup of NAW/Ingram/Murphy/Zion/Valanciunas has a ton of length. I think Kira isn’t ready for significant minutes yet. He can’t defend a flea at this point.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-16-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information