Pelicans Report

Page 138 of 157 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You guys would be shocked how 'Gossip Girl' the entire league is. From players to coaches to execs. My theory is that the vast majority of execs and agents were nerds/losers, etc in their early years and nobody ever cared about what they have to say. Now, they have all the hot gossip and love that people hear what they want to say. They all chatter like housewives.
    Not really, 90% of work environments are like this and honestly it's the men who gossip more than women in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I would love to know the Kings true feelings about Harrison Barnes. That’s a guy that can bring shooting, as well as not taking other things off the table. Good defender, rebounder, etc. I’m not sure it’s a great defensive fit with the starting lineup (essentially having Ingram play like a 2 guard) and I imagine the Kings would want a fair amount more. But I’ve always liked Barnes.
    He gets such a bad rep for the 2016 collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I would love to know the Kings true feelings about Harrison Barnes. That’s a guy that can bring shooting, as well as not taking other things off the table. Good defender, rebounder, etc. I’m not sure it’s a great defensive fit with the starting lineup (essentially having Ingram play like a 2 guard) and I imagine the Kings would want a fair amount more. But I’ve always liked Barnes.
    Barnes would be a nice get, but I suspect they value him more (and he has less guaranteed money).

I have a friend who absolutely loves Barnes and never understands why he doesn't excel more in the game b/c he has all the tools to be a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    You don't like Brandon Ingram?
    Not at first... I didn't like any Laker lol. But I really liked Hart's heart. Seemed he played with more "Want to" than those other guys that we got.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Not at first... I didn't like any Laker lol. But I really liked Hart's heart. Seemed he played with more "Want to" than those other guys that we got.
    Can promise you Ingram works harder than anybody on the team. Whether he works on the right aspects of his game is a different question, but the amount of hours that he puts into his craft is completely insane

I waver back and forth as to whether Buddy is a good addition to this team. As I mentioned earlier, if they can somehow take the route of waiting the 15 days in order to match Buddy's salary with Hart and Sato, I am in favor. That allows you to retain the flexibility of the TPE for later in the season. Buddy is good and would continue to be good on this team.

I don't think I would be happy if they used the TPE prior to the start of the season. They can use the Melli one, I guess.

I waver back and forth as to whether Buddy is a good addition to this team. As I mentioned earlier, if they can somehow take the route of waiting the 15 days in order to match Buddy's salary with Hart and Sato, I am in favor. That allows you to retain the flexibility of the TPE for later in the season. Buddy is good and would continue to be good on this team.

I don't think I would be happy if they used the TPE prior to the start of the season. They can use the Melli one, I guess.
    Worry not - you cant use the TPE for Buddy any way. His salary is too much for it and you cant combine the TPE with salary (again, 500 years) to make money work. So, the only way the Pels get Buddy is Sato, Hart, etc. TPE wont be involved
    @mcnamara247

Worry not - you cant use the TPE for Buddy any way. His salary is too much for it and you cant combine the TPE with salary (again, 500 years) to make money work. So, the only way the Pels get Buddy is Sato, Hart, etc. TPE wont be involved
    Do you think the door is still open to Hart re-signing with Pels (for something other than QO) or is he/Pels just trying to find him a landing spot?

If they cant find something of value, of course they will keep him and at that point it becomes a convo about how to extract value. Him returning on QO means it is harder to use him for big matching salary and he will have a no trade clause essentially. Id love to go to him and say - we will give you 10 mil for this year but you cant veto a trade, no matter where it is to. Thats a fair compromise IMO

Yes I know. I was stating in general that I would prefer not to use the TPE prior to the season. Buddy might be the only way we can add a starting caliber player without doing so

Yes I know. I was stating in general that I would prefer not to use the TPE prior to the season. Buddy might be the only way we can add a starting caliber player without doing so
    You can aggregate Sato for other purposes. Dragic comes to mind (but again, I dont think he wants to come here). I also would be interested to know how much Dallas likes Lauri. Enought to part with Powell? Because I would use the exception to take him on, and even be happy to send some solid 2nds to Chicago in the 3-way deal.

I am also very happy to go into the season with this roster. It always feels like you have to solve roster problems immediately, but sometimes it is great to wait, gather more info on your own guys and wait for buyers (and non-sellers) to become sellers

You can aggregate Sato for other purposes. Dragic comes to mind (but again, I dont think he wants to come here). I also would be interested to know how much Dallas likes Lauri. Enought to part with Powell? Because I would use the exception to take him on, and even be happy to send some solid 2nds to Chicago in the 3-way deal.

I am also very happy to go into the season with this roster. It always feels like you have to solve roster problems immediately, but sometimes it is great to wait, gather more info on your own guys and wait for buyers (and non-sellers) to become sellers
    Yea personally I just think Hield is going to be so intriguing to teams come the deadline and next offseason. I'd take Powell over Sato though. Or Kleber for that matter

Can promise you Ingram works harder than anybody on the team. Whether he works on the right aspects of his game is a different question, but the amount of hours that he puts into his craft is completely insane
    My bad I should have said that was how I felt at the time of the trade. When the trade was even being discussed I had hoped we got hart in the deal. That's why I started my last comment with "Not at first".

But now after a couple years I see what's up with BI and I can rock with him. later for Hart.

This Sato slander is unacceptable.

Yea personally I just think Hield is going to be so intriguing to teams come the deadline and next offseason. I'd take Powell over Sato though. Or Kleber for that matter
    Kleber would be nice. Would prefer Lauri over Powell though.

Nice article comparing Jonas Valanciunas and Steven Adams. It's from a pro Grizzly standpoint but breaks down their games well.

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/202...anciunas-adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    This Sato slander is unacceptable.
    Please sell him on me.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Please sell him on me.
    Low volume on threes but historically fairly efficient at them, excellent FT shooter (at least 81% for the last 3 years running) who actually draws them at a reasonable rate. His teams have been better with him on the floor than off every single year of his career (not one year of negative on/off splits so far).

Excellent finisher at the rim (league average rim %age is about 65%, he shot 77% at the rim last year) who cuts well off ball and can create for himself a little on ball. His problem is largely inconsistency with regards to that.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a star and if you had to rely on him to start you're probably not in a great spot with regards to guards and ball-handlers but as a backup guy or like your 9th man he's really solid.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Low volume on threes but historically fairly efficient at them, excellent FT shooter (at least 81% for the last 3 years running) who actually draws them at a reasonable rate. His teams have been better with him on the floor than off every single year of his career (not one year of negative on/off splits so far).

Excellent finisher at the rim (league average rim %age is about 65%, he shot 77% at the rim last year) who cuts well off ball and can create for himself a little on ball. His problem is largely inconsistency with regards to that.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a star and if you had to rely on him to start you're probably not in a great spot with regards to guards and ball-handlers but as a backup guy or like your 9th man he's really solid.
    He's also by all accounts a pretty good defender. Disruptive with his length. Again, he's not a star, but he was a guy that a lot of Pels fans/writers wanted to target last season in order to bring in just a solid depth piece

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

So, what I'm hearing is we shouldn't be looking to move him, unless it's for a clear upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    So, what I'm hearing is we shouldn't be looking to move him, unless it's for a clear upgrade.
    The use in moving him for a big, even if not a clear upgrade, would be to allow for additional developmental minutes for Kira, Trey, Naji, and Herb. Every minute Sato plays is a minute one of those guys doesn't. It's not a Buddy situation. I think Buddy raises your ceiling and can help Zion develop further into "Point Zion" by providing the necessary spacing for him to continue to develop his dribbling and passing abilities. Sato is just not going to screw up, which is a necessary skill if you want a higher floor, but again it hinders your ability to develop the young guys a bit.

When can Hart and Sato be combined in a trade for Buddy? When does that window close?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    When can Hart and Sato be combined in a trade for Buddy? When does that window close?
    End of this month. The window would close whenever the trade deadline is, in February or March

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I think they should keep Sato. He provides them insurance for all of the back court and can play wing if he has to. That’s the kind of player the Pels lacked for years. One injury and the season is over for the last decade. Sato is not going to lose a team games.

Thread Information