Pelicans Report

Page 134 of 157 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Agree it is tough -- and it is why many of us are wrong so often even with all the access to game tape and stats, etc. The human element is something we dont have access to and it is often the most important element.

All I can go on is NBA history, and for the same reason I didnt want to re-sign Ball, I wouldnt want Lauri right now. Guys taken that high who show something their first few years often go to team 2 and get overpaid, get traded to team 3 on that same overpaid contract and then dont give real value to their team until team 4, on a cheap deal after they have been humbled. Now, maybe Ball or Lauri will be outliers, but I dont like betting on outliers. I will stick with the trends of NBA history. Gimme Lauri or Ball in 2026, after they got a deal like Otto Porter got this offseason
    The bolded part is interesting. Do you see any guys out there that you see that potential out of (for the Pelicans or anyone else in the league)?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    The bolded part is interesting. Do you see any guys out there that you see that potential out of (for the Pelicans or anyone else in the league)?
    There are over a dozen guys who could potentially be that, but its hard to figure out who will be the next Reggie Jackson in a sea of 10 guys who wont. Again, it would require knowing that man as a human - something I dont have access to.
    @mcnamara247

Now hopefully we can get Lauri and I?ll be happy with the team.

C: Jonas, Hayes, Willy
    PF: Zion, Lauri, Gabriel
    SF: BI, Murphy, Naji
    SG: NAW, Temple, Didi
    PG: Graham, Satoransky, Kira

That?s a decent 3 deep depth chart IMO. Jonas is a huge upgrade at center. Lauri would be a huge upgrade as stretch 4/5 off the bench. Graham is likely a push at point guard. Now if Kira takes a big sophomore leap and NAW takes a big 3rd year leap we could be a way better team. I think Temple and Murphy should help with our perimeter defense. Willie Green should be a huge upgrade at coach as well. I?m liking the squad even though I wish we could of gotten an upgrade at point guard. I still like the 3 guys we have since they all are different types of lead guard.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There are over a dozen guys who could potentially be that, but its hard to figure out who will be the next Reggie Jackson in a sea of 10 guys who wont. Again, it would require knowing that man as a human - something I dont have access to.
    I suppose if it was clear who was going to be that guy, teams would be tripping over themselves to get the guy and he wouldn't be on a value contract.

I like this idea. Hernangomez is nasty and has some ability as a stretch big. Also get a protected first back

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Now hopefully we can get Lauri and I?ll be happy with the team.

C: Jonas, Hayes, Willy
    PF: Zion, Lauri, Gabriel
    SF: BI, Murphy, Naji
    SG: NAW, Temple, Didi
    PG: Graham, Satoransky, Kira

That?s a decent 3 deep depth chart IMO. Jonas is a huge upgrade at center. Lauri would be a huge upgrade as stretch 4/5 off the bench. Graham is likely a push at point guard. Now if Kira takes a big sophomore leap and NAW takes a big 3rd year leap we could be a way better team. I think Temple and Murphy should help with our perimeter defense. Willie Green should be a huge upgrade at coach as well. I?m liking the squad even though I wish we could of gotten an upgrade at point guard. I still like the 3 guys we have since they all are different types of lead guard.
    Lol. Half of these players are international and the other half are guys from the South. Interesting mix this year.

Daulton Hommes signed to a 2-way contract.

Last edited by DroopyDawg; 08-09-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

I don't understand this because the dude looked like ****** in that first game.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I said the same thing... but I looked at his scouting video after I saw that he signed the 2-way, and the dude got skills. He didn't show ANY today but he can flat out shoot. Maybe he just had a bad game, but he must show them a ton at practice.

Last edited by DroopyDawg; 08-10-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Goal isnt to get the best players to try and develop them to become NBA players, in all likelihood. You want a couple of guys down there who are happy to be there and then if you wanna send Herb or Didi down there to get some run because they are racking up DNP's, you have some steady guys on the roster who are no threat to try to take opportunities away from the guys you really want to get them. This team is bursting with young players as it is - our two way guys werent going to ever gonna become active roster guys regardless.

I think it?s as much if not more so the fact that Herb has players himself into an actual contract through practice and that first game. He clearly has value on this team as a guy who can give opposing wings fits.

A lot of the time these two way deals are favors for agents and things like that. It?s not always about basketball.

Four-time All-Star guard Kemba Walker has agreed to a contract buyout with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and upon clearing waivers, plans to sign with the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN.

Well, that's a thing...

Kyle Lowry had Dallas as his "#2" team when he chose to play in Miami. Pels were offering the most $$ but apparently weren't really a consideration for Lowry.

That happens a lot to small market teams... you have to be a winning organization that players respect for a small market team to get a chance...and even with that it's still not a guarantee to attract those type of free agents just like the spurs and mavs but at least you get considered...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Had a dream Hart was a sign and trade to Indianapolis. Compensation wasn’t significant.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Had a dream Hart was a sign and trade to Indianapolis. Compensation wasn’t significant.
    Im with you but change Josh Hart from Indianapolis to Chicago for Markkanen.

Kind of expected Jones to be the other 2-way. Yeah, not sure what they see in Hommes. However, we only have the one game to judge him (and he was bad).

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210810-094811_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	6586
    Hart for Hield...where do i sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Hart for Hield...where do i sign up.
    Now that the Memphis deal is finalized, appears that is dead.

I said the same thing... but I looked at his scouting video after I saw that he signed the 2-way, and the dude got skills. He didn't show ANY today but he can flat out shoot. Maybe he just had a bad game, but he must show them a ton at practice.

So, basically a 3&D stretch 4, exactly what we are looking for. He may never be a NBA player, but he has shown enough skills to earn a 2-way for a better look.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Four-time All-Star guard Kemba Walker has agreed to a contract buyout with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and upon clearing waivers, plans to sign with the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN.

Well, that's a thing...
    He's losing out on $20 mill to leave OKC. That's a lot of $$ but again $$ isn't everything.

I'm starting to think now it's hard to move Hart. No one seems to want him? Or maybe they want more to be included w/ him?

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210810-094739_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	6587
    Hahahaha. Good luck with that, Chicago.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information