Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I've learned there are just too many fires on this site to constantly try putting out.
    What’s the point ?

Point Zion is fine, but for it to work properly he will either need more to his game (baseline jumper he showed and a floater will help), or he will need a deadeye shooter or two (serviceable ones at least). Officials also need to quit making excuses as he is getting hacked nightly. The reality is Zion is a matchup nightmare with playmaking ability, so we improve the balance on the floor then we will be able to take advantage. One person hacking at Zion won?t be much of a problem. We allow them to collapse the floor on him and that is the problem.

The offseason I would want to see:

Sign and trade Lonzo, Bledsoe, a Laker, and a Bucks 1st rounder for Kyle Lowry & OG Onunoby if the price is right & if you are able to do that. Can u sign & trade multiple players & have multiple included in the trade?? I know Lowry is up in age, so hopefully you can get him on a cheap 3 year deal with that last year a team option. But the main guy is OG. Dude has a ton of potential and will help on defense for sure. Toronto will likely do a rebuild to an extent as well.

Sign Justice Winslow if he?s cheap. I like his versatility to play all positions except center. I would like to resign Hart, but don?t think that will happen. We need to get rid of SVG ASAP cause it sounds like guys don?t want to play for him. Hopefully he gets us to the playoffs and we go in a different direction the following year. He shouldn?t be too expensive due to his injuries. But he?s a low risk, high reward if you get him on a great deal.

Resign James Johnson & Willy Hernangomez for the bench if cheap enough

Draft Corey Kispert. I really liked him all year, but then he disappeared in the tournament. But it really didn?t seem
    They ran plays for him to get open shots. A lot of his 3s in the tournament were shots he had to create. He?s likely the best shooter in the draft. Just watching the Heat game earlier when Robinson drills 3 3s to start the game and ends up hitting 7 total, I was like we need that. You need shooters in this league and we currently don?t have much there. I wish we could in the top 5, but don?t see that happening. But if someone like Moody is there I jump on him. We need a shooting guard with our pick if we keep it.

C: Adams, Jaxson, Willy
    PF: Zion, James Johnson
    SF: OG, Winslow
    SG: BI, Kispert
    PG: Lowry, NAW, Lewis

Love the lineup combinations with this team.

I too would like to acquire 2 all-star value players for scraps on cheap deals.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I too would like to acquire 2 all-star value players for scraps on cheap deals.
    Be careful though, you might ruin that by adding Justice Winslow because we need shooting.

I vacillate back and forth about this move, but I think in the end, I would love to take on DeMarcus Cousins on the cheap. If Aaron Nelson could keep him healthy, and he would not disrupt the locker room, he could be a perfect conduit to a 'seasoned' JAXSON in a couple of years. First and foremost, he plays with an edge. I think this team is way too docile and needs a little bit of an 'attitude' adjustment if it want to compete for championships. Second, he can stretch the floor much better than any other big man on the roster right now. Third, he can rebound with the best of them. Fourth, he is somewhat local (Mobile. AL).

Now, I do realize he's only been in 71 games since he blew out his Achilles in New Orleans in 2018. But then again, he'll only be 31 years old next fall and we do have Nelson.

(Of course, if Adams stays on the roster, this post is moot)

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I vacillate back and forth about this move, but I think in the end, I would love to take on DeMarcus Cousins on the cheap. If Aaron Nelson could keep him healthy, and he would not disrupt the locker room, he could be a perfect conduit to a 'seasoned' JAXSON in a couple of years. First and foremost, he plays with an edge. I think this team is way too docile and needs a little bit of an 'attitude' adjustment if it want to compete for championships. Second, he can stretch the floor much better than any other big man on the roster right now. Third, he can rebound with the best of them. Fourth, he is somewhat local (Mobile. AL).

Now, I do realize he's only been in 71 games since he blew out his Achilles in New Orleans in 2018. But then again, he'll only be 31 years old next fall and we do have Nelson.

(Of course, if Adams stays on the roster, this post is moot)
    Not a chance I would want him in the locker room with our young guys. Not worth the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not a chance I would want him in the locker room with our young guys. Not worth the headaches.
    Agreed. Boogie is not the kind of vet we need in our locker room right now. We're still trying to build a culture here.

Maybe Bledsoe and our Number One for Ricky Rubio and Jarrett Culver?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Maybe Bledsoe and our Number One for Ricky Rubio and Jarrett Culver?
    If we're trading our first rounder, we better get better value than that.

We knew this... right?

Report: Pelicans Players Aren't 'Vibing' with Stan Van Gundy; 'There's Issues There'

The relationship between New Orleans Pelicans head coach Stan Van Gundy and the rest of the team reportedly isn't ideal after a disappointing 31-41 season.

Sam Amick of The Athletic reported on KHTK radio (via Scott Kushner of NOLA.com) there was tension between Gundy and his players during the season.

"In New Orleans, the players are not vibing with the coach," Amick said. "There's issues there."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-issues-there

With that crazy Jazz game 1, if he demands a trade what would you give up for Donovan Mitchell??

Yeah he is a FA coming up , perhaps we give him a look

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/phoenix-...n-payne-17842/

Isn't Collin Sexton's contract up next year when he will be a RFA? Has he voiced an affinity to "re-up" with Cleveland? If not, would he consider signing an extension this summer for a sign and trade with Pelicans for Lonzo? If he would, I'd make that trade yesterday. That would give Sexton the ability part of a "Big Three" (Zion, Ingram, and Sexton) and some very promising secondary players (JAXSON, NAW, Marshall, and maybe Kira).

Next, I would try to sign and trade Hart for a competent PG (maybe Ricky Rubio or Kendrick Dunn).

Then, and only then, I would look to Corey Kispert and hope for "Joe Harris Jr". (Trading the pick might still be the better step forward).

Then, I would look to move Bledsoe and Adams at midyear.

2021 TEAM (to start season)

PG: Rubio, Bledsoe, Kira
    SG: Sexton, NAW
    SF: BI, Kispert, Marshall
    PF: Zion, Gabriel
    C: Adams, JAXSON, H'Gomez

I thought we was over this attraction with Journeyman Rubio. He regressed last year anyways. I do not see him as championship caliber player or a reliable 6th man. Incredibly inefficient shooter. He's a bench piece at best.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-26-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I thought we was over this attraction with Journeyman Rubio. He regressed last year anyways. I do not see him as championship caliber player or a reliable 6th man. Incredibly inefficient shooter. He's a bench piece at best.
    Your input is duly noted. I don't need his points...I want his assists and sorely needed leadership (free throw percentage would be a huge upgrade, to, but I digress).

That team would be worse shooting the three, than our current squad.

You can swap Bledsoe and a few 2nds for Rubio and gain far more than you lose. If thats your ONLY offseason move, there is nothing to be excited about, but it wouldnt be. The key, if you do this, would be to find something of quality to get out of Adams and picks. Also, sign and trade Lonzo for a guy who can shoot, and getting internal improvement from NAW, Naji, and Kira.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You can swap Bledsoe and a few 2nds for Rubio and gain far more than you lose. If thats your ONLY offseason move, there is nothing to be excited about, but it wouldnt be. The key, if you do this, would be to find something of quality to get out of Adams and picks. Also, sign and trade Lonzo for a guy who can shoot, and getting internal improvement from NAW, Naji, and Kira.
    Do you think that "guy who can shoot" could be Kennard given the previous rumors of Clippers interest in Ball and their potential lack of success in playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Do you think that "guy who can shoot" could be Kennard given the previous rumors of Clippers interest in Ball and their potential lack of success in playoffs?
    They better give us a first (or more) to take on Kennard. He would make some sense. Seth Curry, when Philly loses because of lack of size at the point, could make sense. A swap for Duncan Robinson could make sense if Heat would rather get something than possibly lose him for nothing. Markennen is still an option if Chicago is more willing to add a pick this offseason. Minny likes Lonzo and Malik Beasley can work

Man... This off season looks grim. I can see this team being really bad if players don't make an impactful leap or stay in their inconsistent ways. I really just don't have a good feeling for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... This off season looks grim. I can see this team being really bad if players don't make an impactful leap or stay in their inconsistent ways. I really just don't have a good feeling for success.
    Offseason hasnt even happened yet and it looks grim??

Adding guys makes fans feel better on paper, but almost all teams make leaps because of internal growth. Mavs didnt grow into a playoff team and then a 5 seed who is up 2-0 because of all these awesome moves and players they added. Luka got better. They got guys who were marginally better as fits. Made moves around the edges, developed continuity with Finney Smith and Kleber and Hardaway, etc. Learned how to play together. Nuggets, same thing, as they early 20s guys got better every year and 2nd round picks and throw ins in trades became welcome surprises.

If this team is going to be better, it will because Zion and Ingram get better, NAW and Hayes live up to potential, and the team gets a better fitting roster around the main guys. Not because we put together the best looking roster 2K style. And then, with those better fits and internal improvement, they simply close out those dozen or so games they blew, instead of fumbling them all away. Its not about adding the best names or even the best possible players. Its about adding better fitting ones while getting better internally and executing at even an average level down the stretch of games.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They better give us a first (or more) to take on Kennard. He would make some sense. Seth Curry, when Philly loses because of lack of size at the point, could make sense. A swap for Duncan Robinson could make sense if Heat would rather get something than possibly lose him for nothing. Markennen is still an option if Chicago is more willing to add a pick this offseason. Minny likes Lonzo and Malik Beasley can work
    They're gonna have to get a 1st from somewhere else, coz they owe all them to OKC until 2027

I’m on board the Campaign for Cam Payne bus.

Make it happen Loomis.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I’m on board the Campaign for Cam Payne bus.

Make it happen Loomis.
    Phoenix only has early bird rights on Payne...most they could pay him is MLE. All things equal, I'm sure he'd stay in a good situation, meaning we'd probably have to offer a decent amount more than the MLE to land him.

Thread Information