Pelicans Report

Page 128 of 157 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Who says anything about playing them all at once?
    Then why does it matter if there's no central scorer? Yeah, playing all of them at once would find itself in a distinctly difficult place offensively.

Now run Kira/Naw/Ingram/Naji/Hayes

or Kira/Graham/Zion/Murphy/Hayes

Or Kira/Didi/Ingram/Murphy/Jonas

Suddenly scoring and playmaking is far easier to come by. Any reasonable mix of starters and bench takes that ''Black Hole'' offense you describes and turns it into much less of a dramatic situation.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's gonna be weird guard line up because our bench gonna be dry. Honestly... I'm kind of worried of bench unit that's basically

Kira, Didi,Hart, Naji, Murphy, Hayes, and Willy....

Black Hole Sun Offense Bench

Honestly... I think we'll probably blow just as many games as we did last year and Ingram gonna get mad again because we have to stagger minutes to hide our bench. Zion + bench mob squad to start the 4th. It's honestly unacceptable with how many 2nd picks we sold with the shape of our bench and development core. Same problem as last year. We needed a Butler or Cooper in the 2nd round. Only Two developmental guys in Jones and Didi in just 3 years is sad and not how you build a bench.
    Did we trade Sato? He?s really solid, makes good decisions. I think it?s more likely JV gets staggered. I highly doubt we?ll see a ton of meaningful full bench minutes, but I feel pretty comfortable with Sato being a part of it.

Offense won?t be the problem with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Then why does it matter if there's no central scorer? Yeah, playing all of them at once would find itself in a distinctly difficult place offensively.

Now run Kira/Naw/Ingram/Naji/Hayes

or Kira/Graham/Zion/Murphy/Hayes

Or Kira/Didi/Ingram/Murphy/Jonas

Suddenly scoring and playmaking is far easier to come by. Any reasonable mix of starters and bench takes that ''Black Hole'' offense you describes and turns it into much less of a dramatic situation.
    Yep. Unless there’s a blowout, a decent lead or serious foul trouble, the bench unit will always be on the court with at least two of Zion, Ingram, NAW, Graham, or Jonas. That’s why I wouldn’t panic about bench scoring because they’ll always be with a starter or one of our main scorers while the games are competitive, instead of an entire bench unit by themselves.

Man I wish we would trade a bunch of future picks and guys we have now to acquire RJ Barrett kid is a star and there were rumors they would move him. I think we could get a deal done with the young talent and picks we have. Would give us a much better chance of signing Zion long term and give us a 40% 3pt shooting guard who is a 6?7 version of Dwayne Wade IMO one day. This team needs to go make a big spasm is a trade and save the $ not wasting it on some FA that isn?t really what we need just a patch. I would be very happy with Buddy or Brogdon as well. Maybe a Dearon Fox is possible for the right deal who knows but I would be after all the top going guards in the NBA and mostly PG but make RJ Barrett my big offer guy and main target. Perfect fit giving us our big 3 for a decade and keep Zion here as they promised to play together leaving college. Those 2 easily win a national championship had college had NBA spacing and shot clocks. They would have been unstoppable under NBA rules.

Pels Off season thread

Now now. We inserted Adams into the multi-team trade last year and some had a fit. Yet we signed him to an extension that was more than moveable and moved him for a solid Center that better fits our team. We gave up basically a late 1st round pick and traded back from 10 to 17 in a deep draft class. We also drafted someone high on our draft board.

Trust the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    hearing that the Memphis trade might be official....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pelicans should be getting Adams' outgoing contract ($17m) as a trade exception

Though most trade exceptions don't ever end up getting used.
    Last edited by bradael; 08-07-2021 at 10:40 AM.

I guess we should see a decision on Hart soon. Well hopefully.

This also got made official/clarified

So if we're in the lottery, we still get the pick and it conveys to 2nd rounders.

Basically the only way Charlotte actually gets our first round pick is if we're good enough for it to not really matter that much.

#Put it in the Chicago trade!

Caleb Martin anyone? Charlotte cut him today.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I would suggest going to Locked On Pelicans and listen to Jake's interview with Coach Gibson Pyper about Trey Murphy III.... Pyper knows Murphy intimately and is an extremely bright and insightful speaker/person.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Caleb Martin anyone? Charlotte cut him today.
    Pass. Curious as to what the plan is with Hart. Is he staying or could he be on the move for another piece? Maybe he would like to join Ball in Chicago? (S&T for Markannen?)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd be happy with a 2nd rounder for hart*.
    Last edited by donato; 08-07-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Pass. Curious as to what the plan is with Hart. Is he staying or could he be on the move for another piece? Maybe he would like to join Ball in Chicago? (S&T for Markannen?)
    S&T to SAC for Buddy.

Pels Off season thread

The Pelicans can put Temple in the Adams exception or use of MLE to sign him independently of the Bulls deal. This would allow the Pels to use Lonzo/Hart/Wenyen to match salaries for Buddy Hield if they wanted to expand the trade in that direction. Sato being routed to Kings
    From Shamit on Twitter. He goes on later to say he does not believe we will use it until the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    From Shamit on Twitter. He goes on later to say he does not believe we will use it until the deadline.
    Shamit really holding out hope for Buddy. I would not be surprised if we are simply done and are just waiting to sign Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Shamit really holding out hope for Buddy. I would not be surprised if we are simply done and are just waiting to sign Hart.
    The question is, why would we need to wait this long to sign Hart?

Is he holding out for more money than we want to give? Is one side (him or the team) dragging for some reason? If not, are they both just incredibly slow at responding to calls and texts?

So does the Buddy Hield deal have legs or just speculation?

Hall of Famer
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    3 minutes ago
    Reporting with @RamonaShelburne on ESPN: The NBA has opened up investigations into possible tampering violations involving two sign-and-trade deals completed in free agency: New Orleans and Chicago centered on Lonzo Ball, and Toronto and Miami centered on Kyle Lowry. Story soon.

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So does the Buddy Hield deal have legs or just speculation?
    Just speculation. We know that Sacramento has apparently been trying to move him and we also know that his relationship with the FO there is not the healthiest, and New Orleans has been name-dropped in these conversations, but there's been no leaked deals or definitive statements or anything like that. Buddy hasn't asked out, SAC hasn't publicly announced anything. It's all just ''well, it makes sense''.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    3 minutes ago
    Reporting with @RamonaShelburne on ESPN: The NBA has opened up investigations into possible tampering violations involving two sign-and-trade deals completed in free agency: New Orleans and Chicago centered on Lonzo Ball, and Toronto and Miami centered on Kyle Lowry. Story soon.

Hmmm
    LOL of course there was tampering. He agreed to a deal with Chicago at the exact second that free agency began.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    3 minutes ago

Hmmm
    It's absurd. Tampering happens every year, without fail and it almost never gets investigated or even acknowledged, but of course when New Orleans is involved

When every other team signs a FA or trades someone 60 seconds into free agency? That's cool, that's chill.
    When NOLA does a S&T 60 seconds into free agency? Unacceptable.

It would be incredibly unfair to the Bulls/Heat/Us if they did something about tampering now. Tampering goes on all the time. Either they make this a thing now, or they allow tampering. I don?t want these arbitrary violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's absurd. Tampering happens every year, without fail and it almost never gets investigated or even acknowledged, but of course when New Orleans is involved

When every other team signs a FA or trades someone 60 seconds into free agency? That's cool, that's chill.
    When NOLA does a S&T 60 seconds into free agency? Unacceptable.
    But isn't the investigation more about CHicago tampering than New Orleans?

Thread Information