Pelicans Report

Page 124 of 157 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    At this point, I’d be content if they just fired Griff. Trajan is ready.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    At the risk of being yelled at, are we sure John Wall wouldn?t make some sense? It?s only two seasons and no one will take our money anyway. You would likely tie in Josh Hart and certainly send them Statoransky and whatever else contract wise you need. If Hart is $10 and Stat is $10, it would seem like you could close whatever gap is needed(combined with other trades). Yes there is major injury risk, and no he?s not the shooter ideally. But if we are serious about starting to win basketball games, he would make us a lot better IMO.

And ideally we get something more for taking him in.

This is why I was okay giving Ball over $20 million a year. Zion wanted him. Ingram wanted him. I kept asking who are we going to give the $20 million too then? Nobody wants to come here. Now here we are. Struck out on every free agent we tried to get. Now we have to pray for our youth to make major leaps.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Hall of Famer
    This has been a bad off season

Not seeing what Griffin is doing.

When zion gets fed up..what's next?

Rookie
    Zion's, BI's and NAW's inevitable improvements this year will undoubtedly be attributed to their growth as players, without a thought about what the other players on the floor do for them. I can't emphasize how much easier life will be for BI when running a PnR with one of the better scoring big men in the league vs. a complete non factor offensively. His assist numbers should go up, he should get more open looks and not have to attack 2 regularly to get to the rim. Teams can't leave Graham or he'll burn them. Just those two changes alone will make the game so much easier for BI and Zion. This team was always going to go as far as those two take them. Without landing a third guy that can carry a team, the next best option was always to help the guys we have by putting better pieces around them. We have a ways to go before competing for a championship, but there should be optimism about the results we'll see this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    This is why I was okay giving Ball over $20 million a year. Zion wanted him. Ingram wanted him. I kept asking who are we going to give the $20 million too then? Nobody wants to come here. Now here we are. Struck out on every free agent we tried to get. Now we have to pray for our youth to make major leaps.
    The biggest issue with that is Ball didn't want to be here. Sure, we could have made him stay for the $22 million. Would he have bought in? No doubt I'd take a bought in Lonzo Ball over what we are doing currently, but I don't believe that's who we would have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    At the risk of being yelled at, are we sure John Wall wouldn?t make some sense? It?s only two seasons and no one will take our money anyway. You would likely tie in Josh Hart and certainly send them Statoransky and whatever else contract wise you need. If Hart is $10 and Stat is $10, it would seem like you could close whatever gap is needed(combined with other trades). Yes there is major injury risk, and no he?s not the shooter ideally. But if we are serious about starting to win basketball games, he would make us a lot better IMO.

And ideally we get something more for taking him in.
    I’d shoot for Lauri Markanen at this point. At least he can knock down the 3.

Basketball Guru
    im just happy my city has a basketball team that i can go and watch and enjoy myself.....im looking forward to being in the 6th-8th seed...the play inn was fun for me to watch last season so i think we can come out on top if we are in that position.......i hope we can get a PG and another big to add with this group and we will be good to go.....go pels....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    The biggest issue with that is Ball didn't want to be here. Sure, we could have made him stay for the $22 million. Would he have bought in? No doubt I'd take a bought in Lonzo Ball over what we are doing currently, but I don't believe that's who we would have gotten.
    I believe the way we treated him during his time here is why he didn’t buy in. The fan base never embraced him. The coaching staff didn’t play him to his strengths. They didn’t offer him a contract last year. I can’t blame him for having animosity, but I definitely think he wanted to stay with Zion and BI. He just didn’t want to be treated like ******** in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    This has been a bad off season

Not seeing what Griffin is doing.

When zion gets fed up..what's next?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Zion's biggest benefit to the Pelicans is not going to be what he does on the court, but what he will bring the team in a trade. He is an asset to this team, no more...no less.

And isn't it refreshing to see how players everywhere are flocking to the Pels with aspirations of playing with this 'generational talent'?
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-06-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    I believe the way we treated him during his time here is why he didn’t buy in. The fan base never embraced him. The coaching staff didn’t play him to his strengths. They didn’t offer him a contract last year. I can’t blame him for having animosity, but I definitely think he wanted to stay with Zion and BI. He just didn’t want to be treated like ******** in the process.
    if chicago guarantee lonzo that he will be their PG and run the show,, there is no way lonzo was going to stay here...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    You are right. This should take them from 32 wins to 35.
    Exactly

On Friday, the Pelicans and Willy Hernangomez, the 27-year-old Spanish center agreed to terms on a three-year contract. The Pelicans have a team option on the final year of the deal, according to nola.com.

Good or meh?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    On Friday, the Pelicans and Willy Hernangomez, the 27-year-old Spanish center agreed to terms on a three-year contract. The Pelicans have a team option on the final year of the deal, according to nola.com.

Good or meh?
    im glad we have billy back.....imo he was our best center last season...

I was told this would all be over by noon today....when will it ever end???
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I will say the same thing I said last offseason:

If I told you on July 18th this would be our offseason, you would grade it a D or an F. Yes, in the present, we rationalize and justify everything, and play the 'If; game. But if I come on this board on July 18th and say:

In: Jonas, Trey Murphy, Herb Jones, Devonte Graham, Satoransky, Temple

Out: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Adams, J Johnson, our 2022 1st and Lakers 2022 1st

That would have gotten a D or F and you guys would had no clue how or why we spent the two firsts. You also would have wondered why we took Murphy at pick 10.
    MM. can you explain why we wouldn?t just match the lonzo contract? If no one is willing to come play here regardless of the money, then why not keep the players that are here when we have control? It?s not like that would be an untradable contract in the next year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post

Good or meh?
    Best option for back up C. Wish we can find a good size back up PF that isn't Lauri or Kevin Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Bird View Post
    MM. can you explain why we wouldn?t just match the lonzo contract? If no one is willing to come play here regardless of the money, then why not keep the players that are here when we have control? It?s not like that would be an untradable contract in the next year or 2.
    Lonzo didn't want to be here, and vice versa with the FO.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Bird View Post
    It wasn’t just the money. Lonzo Ball is not a main ball handler. But he insists that he is. We have two conflicting views of his role on the team. And he’s overpaid. I would g want him at 4/85

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Lonzo didn't want to be here, and vice versa with the FO.
    For real. He signed a contract elsewhere within the first 60 seconds of free agency. There were connections between Lonzo and Chicago for months.

He wanted to go to Chicago. The Pelicans, of all franchises, should understand why you don't just arbitrarily match any RFA regardless of whether they want to be here or not. Eric Gordon.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Gimme Buddy.

Keep Lauri. Not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gimme Buddy.

Keep Lauri. Not interested.
    If Lauri is a spot up shooter off the bench, I'll take him. Bad basketball player, good shooter

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Would be pretty happy in the end if we get Buddy. Ok with Lauri not super excited.

Thread Information