Pelicans Report

Page 123 of 157 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Have I missed something? Is Josh officially gone? I thought he was still a RFA.
    Josh is not gone, but his value seems to be

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    This is never mentioned when it?s said that Griffin is doing nothing or how sad it is that Griff isn?t bringing anyone in. We offered top money to top players that we wanted, Paul, Hardaway, Lowry, but they had their own plans
    So, that is supposed to get the fan base excited? Offering top money to guys that were longshots at best? No alternative plan after sending out assets to create room to make deals?

It would be stronger depth to sign a Dinwiddie, Reggie Jackson, Markannen, but not signing those players doesnt hurt the Pels playoffs chances

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, that is supposed to get the fan base excited? Offering top money to guys that were longshots at best? No alternative plan after sending out assets to create room to make deals?
    Yea I mean if Griff wants to take credit for offering contracts to Lowry and Paul, that's fine. It doesn't seem like we ever had a chance at those guys. I'm happy we didn't get THJ for that contract he offered.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yea I mean if Griff wants to take credit for offering contracts to Lowry and Paul, that's fine. It doesn't seem like we ever had a chance at those guys. I'm happy we didn't get THJ for that contract he offered.
    Yeah, but no one thought we would get Paul. Lowry was always a long shot at best. THJ was reported to be a top priority for Dallas. Good on him if he shot his shot. However, did he have no alternative plan for the space he paid assets for to create? Even if it is depth or one year deals to use as trade fodder at the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How does mid tier FA signings get the fanbase more excited than seeing two elite All-Stars Zion and Ingram playing with new HC Willie Green? Or more excited than seeing our 2019-2020 FRPs NAW and Kira getting larger roles and starter minutes?

At least this year will be fun. We replaced all of our not fun guys with fun guys

How does mid tier FA signings get the fanbase more excited than seeing two elite All-Stars Zion and Ingram playing with new HC Willie Green? Or more excited than seeing our 2019-2020 FRPs NAW and Kira getting larger roles and starter minutes?
    So, the POBO says we desperately need to add shooting to improve the team, spends multiple 1sts to create the space to do so, and then swaps one shooter for another and calls it a day? That instills hope? Was he lying and we should all be excited? What was his plan? I get trying to justify everything we do as fantastic, but no objective observer would say that the Pelicans significantly improved this offseason.

Again, the roster construction is fine. I like this year's roster way more than last year, but with every first round pick we trade, we are slowly chipping away at our ceiling. With every Lonzo that we let expire, we are slowly losing our flexibility. It's difficult to really get excited about a team knowing that in 2022, you have zero first round picks and no chance at a decent free agent. It's just a high pressure situation when you have teams waiting to poach Zion

I am happy to see those guys get more minutes to be honest. It wasn’t the perfect offseason (because of the wet farts we had to lay off), but there is a silver lining. For all we know the guys we have show up and we save our money.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It wasn?t all bad. But there?s no sizzle. No bite. No impact. Whatever good comes of this season will be players getting f better or Trey Murphy or Herb Jones playing over their heads and beyond expectations I think.

Unless we expand and finalize a trade and it becomes awesome. Somehow.

We have Zion, Ingram, Valanciunas, Graham, NAW, Kira, but the forum’s offseason reaction makes it seem like the Pels lineup is Ajinca, Okafor, Solomon Hill, Bledsoe and Tim Frazier. Way too spoiled [edit: PANICKY]
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 08-06-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    We have Zion, Ingram, Valanciunas, Graham, NAW, Kira, but the forum’s offseason reaction makes it seem like the Pels lineup is Ajinca, Okafor, Solomon Hill, Bledsoe and Tim Frazier. Way too spoiled
    You are right. This should take them from 32 wins to 35.

Liking the roster and hating the moves are not mutually exclusive

We have Zion, Ingram, Valanciunas, Graham, NAW, Kira, but the forum’s offseason reaction makes it seem like the Pels lineup is Ajinca, Okafor, Solomon Hill, Bledsoe and Tim Frazier. Way too spoiled
    Spoiled? With what? All the success we have had? With all the stars that have left? With 3 coaches in 3 years? Which is it?

I like Graham and think he will be fun to watch. I would have preferred him as a 6th man. I think JV is an improvement over Adams, but still not sure about the fit next to Zion (although has to be better than Adams). Other than that, we have to hope that NAW, Hayes and Kira significantly improve and that the team buys into Green. I really think they significantly underperformed last year and may have just quit on SVG. We still need shooters and we need front court depth. We did not get a floor leader we all thought we were going to get and that would likely have led to improvement.

I wouldn't say spoiled, but regardless of anything that happens, I believe the team will be fun to watch this year.

Since the Pels seem to be operating as an under the cap team, could they sign Lonzo into space using bird rights and then trade him with consent to the Bulls for Satoransky, creating a decently sized player exception?

This is the kind of thing that really makes me think we as a city don't really deserve a basketball franchise at all.

Move them to Seattle, maybe we'll stop complaining then.

There goes my hero

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    This is the kind of thing that really makes me think we as a city don't really deserve a basketball franchise at all.

Lol what? It's ok for fan bases to complain about bad moves when they are objectively bad.

Well if they don’t ever win, you may get your wish.

Yeah, that's it. We should all bow down and get excited about every move they make and don't make. Makes sense.

I will say the same thing I said last offseason:

If I told you on July 18th this would be our offseason, you would grade it a D or an F. Yes, in the present, we rationalize and justify everything, and play the 'If; game. But if I come on this board on July 18th and say:

In: Jonas, Trey Murphy, Herb Jones, Devonte Graham, Satoransky, Temple

Out: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Adams, J Johnson, our 2022 1st and Lakers 2022 1st

That would have gotten a D or F and you guys would had no clue how or why we spent the two firsts. You also would have wondered why we took Murphy at pick 10.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I will say the same thing I said last offseason:

If I told you on July 18th this would be our offseason, you would grade it a D or an F. Yes, in the present, we rationalize and justify everything, and play the 'If; game. But if I come on this board on July 18th and say:

In: Jonas, Trey Murphy, Herb Jones, Devonte Graham, Satoransky, Temple

Out: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Adams, J Johnson, our 2022 1st and Lakers 2022 1st

That would have gotten a D or F and you guys would had no clue how or why we spent the two firsts. You also would have wondered why we took Murphy at pick 10.
    100%. We lost future flexibility without any of the moves guaranteeing future improvement. It’s a tough pill to swallow.

We have Zion, Ingram, Valanciunas, Graham, NAW, Kira, but the forum?s offseason reaction makes it seem like the Pels lineup is Ajinca, Okafor, Solomon Hill, Bledsoe and Tim Frazier. Way too spoiled
    Two whole playoff series wins. Way too spoiled?..

Thread Information