Pelicans Report

Page 122 of 157 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

We can be happy about the current roster construction and upset with the pitiful asset management. It doesn't have to be one or the other

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    That's the other half lol
    Ok but then what about all the future picks and pick swaps they still have? Is that a third half?

It's very disappointing. No buddy hield? Reggie? Nothing? David griffen is probably as ready to go as we are of him.

I like Willy. Wonder what the deal we gave him is though

Well, that was a wet fart.

We can be happy about the current roster construction and upset with the pitiful asset management. It doesn't have to be one or the other
    Hopefully, we can take on salary before it's too late and get some assets. Even if it's... Kevin Love *cringe*

Bulls RFA Lauri Markkanen Seeking “Fresh Start”
    August 6th 2021 at 9:59am CST by Luke Adams
    Bulls restricted free agent forward Lauri Markkanen is looking to leave Chicago this offseason, he tells Finnish journalist Antti-Jussi Sipil? of Yle.fi (hat tip to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports).

“We have offers from several different teams,” Markkanen said in Finnish. “I want a fresh start to my NBA career somewhere else.”

The seventh overall pick in the 2017 draft, Markkanen showed a ton of promise as a stretch four during his first two NBA seasons, posting a career-high 18.7 PPG and 9.0 RPG on .430/.361/.872 shooting in 52 games (32.3 MPG) in 2018/19. However, his development trajectory has leveled off since then, as he has battled a series of injuries and provided up-and-down production.

Chicago issued Markkanen a $9MM qualifying offer last week, making him a restricted free agent and giving the team the right to match any offer sheet he signs.

With cap room drying up across the league, there are few teams left that could realistically sign the 24-year-old outright to an offer sheet that exceeds the Bulls’ qualifying offer or the full mid-level exception ($9.5MM). The Hornets were said to be mulling an offer sheet for Markkanen, but have since reached a deal with Kelly Oubre that projects to eat up most or all of their remaining space.

The Thunder and Pelicans are among the teams that could realistically generate enough room to make a play for Markkanen. However, there have been no reports indicating they have interest. A sign-and-trade would also be a possibility to get Markkanen to a new team that doesn’t necessarily have the space to sign him outright, but that would require the Bulls’ cooperation and they’d seek at least an asset or two to let him walk.

One additional option for Markkanen would be to accept his one-year qualifying offer, which would allow him to become an unrestricted free agent in 2022. However, if he’s eager to leave Chicago, that’s likely not his preferred path.

The Bulls’ interest – or lack thereof – in hanging onto Markkanen will likely dictate how this situation plays out. If the team is willing to let him go after reshaping its roster this week, a sign-and-trade seems like a plausible outcome.

Maybe I'm the only one but I don't care for Markkanen. Why pay big money for a guy that's probably going to rot on the bench and has severe defensive deficiencies. I'd much rather play Ingram at the 4 and Murphy at the 3 when Zion is out of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Ok but then what about all the future picks and pick swaps they still have? Is that a third half?
    All the future picks and swaps now amounts to a 2023 Lakers swap that is going to be worthless, a 2024 Bucks swap that is going to be worthless, a 2024 or 2025 Lakers pick that could have value, and the Bucks 2025 and 2027 first. Hopefully the 2027 will be a gem. So youre basically +2 first round picks after trading Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday, in addition to NAW and Jax

We held Lonzo throughout the entirety of his contract with nothing to show for it other than Satoransky. We held Josh Hart throughout the entirety of his contract when Griff admitted that we could have traded him for a first. We squandered away our Lakers 2022 pick fixing the mistakes of the 2020 off season, only to not use the cap space gained. We then trade our own 2022 first as well in order to get Devonte Graham, a fine player but seemingly the only reason you give up that pick is to maintain flexibility throughout the FA process, which again was not used.

You trade for 1.5 picks for Steven Adams and choose Eric Bledsoe over George Hill and sign SVG as a coach, which ends up raising your floor and drops you from what could have been a top 5 pick to surround Zion and BI with elite talent, instead getting the 10th pick in the draft which you use to move back in order to get off of Bledsoe and Adams, along with that Lakers 2022 first.

Just so many bad moves have now come to light, and I suspect that the Pels can't find any trade partners because why would you trade with the Pels. As long as other teams prevent top talent from coming to NOLA, the prospect of Zion hitting the market becomes increasingly more likely. After this season, Griff will likely get iced out of deals entirely unless he offers twice as much as other teams. Pair that with not being able to land a free agent, and things look grim. You now have so much pressure to develop from within.

This is just sad. I am as high on the young guys as anyone, but banking on them to be the cause of success this year is asinine. But if it works the FO will look like geniuses.

So we bringing back Willy. I guess he or Hayes will play some 4? Who all do we cut to make it to 15 players? Is he the last player added?

So the depth chart looks like this?

C: Jonas, Hayes, Willy
    PF: Zion, Gabriel
    SF: BI, Murphy, Naji, Iwundu, Jones
    SG: NAW, Temple, Didi
    PG: Graham, Satoransky, Kira

Do we package some of our fringe rotation players for cash? lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Complaining is easy. Having an informed negative opinion isn’t. Most people just do the former.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one but I don't care for Markkanen. Why pay big money for a guy that's probably going to rot on the bench and has severe defensive deficiencies. I'd much rather play Ingram at the 4 and Murphy at the 3 when Zion is out of the lineup.
    He wouldn't rot on the bench. We need to acquire talent, you're worried about fit when we're a fringe play-in team. Should be worried more about acquiring good players. Lauri is a damn good player.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    This is just sad. I am as high on the young guys as anyone, but banking on them to be the cause of success this year is asinine. But if it works the FO will look like geniuses.
    You literally can?t say we haven?t attempted a lot to change or add big pieces to the roster. Hardaway, Chris Paul, Lowry, and Dinwiddie (and DeRozan?) all turned us down flat.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah- we had a 2/20 offer out to Oubre. Charlotte beat it and now its round out the roster time
    Are we not interested in Markannen? Would seem to fill a hole and provide another shooter (although terrible defense).

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    If you're so confident in your ability to draft, why give up picks in order to get off bad contracts? Just don't play Bledsoe. Give him the Iggy treatment and let him stay home until a team calls you up. Do 10 and Adams for Jonas and 17, Renounce Lonzo because do we really need Satoransky to take minutes from Kira, and sign Graham into space by paying him a little bit over market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You literally can?t say we haven?t attempted a lot to change or add big pieces to the roster. Hardaway, Chris Paul, Lowry, and Dinwiddie (and DeRozan?) all turned us down flat.
    How realistic were any of those? Maybe Dinwiddie, but even he went into the process wanting to play with Beal?

It's not the missing out on players that's the issue with this FO. It's the burning assets in order to do so that is the problem

We have till the deadline to make use of our trade exception, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We have till the deadline to make use of our trade exception, right?
    Have a year to use a TPE. MM said it will only be $6-$9 million. Maybe Graham deal is in Memphis deal instead of Ball S&T.

If we don’t sign another guard looks like Graham will be the starter for next year then go to a 6th man role the following year. Good news is Kira gets some reps

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If we don’t sign another guard looks like Graham will be the starter for next year then go to a 6th man role the following year. Good news is Kira gets some reps
    Ummmm... I think that's the plan... NOW. Unfortunately... They did try to get a lead guard.

Complaining is easy. Having an informed negative opinion isn’t. Most people just do the former.
    I'm as informed as most people on here. Bad asset management is bad asset management. There's a reason all 12 Pels fans have been sitting here waiting for the next move. It's because without a next move, the offseason makes no sense

We held Josh Hart throughout the entirety of his contract when Griff admitted that we could have traded him for a first..
    Have I missed something? Is Josh officially gone? I thought he was still a RFA.

This is never mentioned when it?s said that Griffin is doing nothing or how sad it is that Griff isn?t bringing anyone in. We offered top money to top players that we wanted, Paul, Hardaway, Lowry, but they had their own plans

Thread Information