Pelicans Report

Page 121 of 157 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I just evaluated the additions to the Pelican roster. I just realized not a single free agent outside New Orleans has signed with the Pelicans. It appears all additions were technically acquired by trade. What do outsiders in the NBA read from this? Toxic front office and organization? A history of poor free agency acquisitions? On 3rd coach in three years? I am sure it is a multitude of reasons. Many of us have talked about how the guard from Charlotte wanted to come to New Orleans. But he was not entirely voluntary. There was a trade.
    You could make the same assessment for like half the teams in the league. Memphis's only offseason moves so far are literally + Steven Adams & Bledsoe and - Jonas Valanciunas .

Minnesota is only + Taurean Prince and - Ricky Rubio.

Philly is only + Georges Niang and - Dwight Howard

And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What does "complete" mean? That we have a starting lineup or that we can actually compete for something of.importance?

I.am curious as to what the most optimistic of posters believe. I currently think anything between 8-12 is realistic. Better than 8 would require good luck for us and bad luck for several other teams. 13-15 is only possible with horrid injury luck
    Quite honestly that depends primarily on Ingram and Zion. How they go the team will go, that is how this league works now. If they make a jump this team will; if they don?t the team won?t either.

I do think this team got rid of the players that made their jobs harder, and brought back players that should make their jobs easier. So I?m optimistic that this team will get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    You could make the same assessment for like half the teams in the league. Memphis's only offseason moves so far are literally + Steven Adams & Bledsoe and - Jonas Valanciunas .

And so on.
    Point taken

And so on.
    Where they trying to throw around $100 milly contracts tho?

If they weren't it was because they couldn't free up the pace. Even if we tried and failed I am glad we could create alary space for such an offer. Chris was never likely to leave the Suns after this year and Lowry has been big friends with Butler who made the Championship just a year ago. We have put it out there we are willing and able to be players for big time agents in this league, that has some value. We need to clean our own house first and make it fun to play here and win a few playoff games to make the next step and to hear more yeses.

My angst to add more keeps making me overlook the JV acquisition. The guy has flirted with being an all-star in several seasons. In a league that has gotten very guard/wing heavy, our front court should absolutely dominate.

Amar'e Stoudemire was All-NBA three times and All-Star four times under D'antoni. That might be a very sneaky but huge partnership with Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man those Coinbase listing pump and dumps are wild. ACH and AMP looking great.. AMP being super slow thanks to its excessive 42 billion token supply. AMP is a great token to slowly get 100K, with great tokenomics and NYC regulation backing it. If US ever cracks down on crypto... AMP should actually prosper through that transition. Although, It seriously shouldn't have more than a 1 billion token tho. Terrible oversight. Slooowww build.

ACH getting first to market in Asia with only a 1.2 billion coin supply with a way better Crypto Culture is no surprise that it's shot past AMP. AMP is the better developed token, but ACH is clearly the better investment opportunity at the moment. It's an egg basket, not a just one egg basket is what I say.
    MA
    Got my Eth, ADA, AMP, MATIC.

But my 1st coin was such a dud. XLM..., but honestly... A "stable" coin like XLM was my avenue to learn about crypto and handle slower dips before moving the higher volatile stuff.
    Heeeeck yeah. I've got a tiny bit of AMP, MATIC, and XRP, a moderate in BTC and ETH but 60% of my portfolio is ADA. I started with Shiba Inu so you have me beat. I got in when BTC was at 64K. It was a crash course in investing, super fast.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-06-2021 at 01:59 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I'm all for NOT throwing a bad long term contract out there in desperation. I think Devonte is a good value deal, I like that we can absorb a contract of a useful player and maybe get a 1st for our trouble

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    What about Garrison Mathews and Caleb Homesley? They are young and probably cap victoms. I read Homesley may still sign with the Wizards.
    I am with you and both are very interesting young guys....likely to catch on with someone....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Nice to see we’re in the office this morning doing work

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Why now? JAX on the move?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Glad we resigned him.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Hell no Jax ain't going anywhere.

Every time the pels do anything, there's that one "why".

Can this team do anything right, even when they do?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Prison?

Just kidding....

NolaJake splains why (in his opinion) players don't want to come to Nola, and it has little to do with the Pelicans organization. I kinda agree with him.

I respect Dae’s opinion but I would be interested in Lauri if he’s free in a Bertans role. Just take 7 catch and shoot 3s per game and go get a weak side block every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I respect Dae’s opinion but I would be interested in Lauri if he’s free in a Bertans role. Just take 7 catch and shoot 3s per game and go get a weak side block every now and then
    41% shooter on C&S 3s last season. Around 6 attempts per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    He played well last year and is a good 3rd center. However, signings like his this early and Didi's makes me think we are simply rounding out the roster and may really be finished. There may not be anything added to the Memphis deal. If so, Griffin deserves all of the heat he will get.

Yeah- we had a 2/20 offer out to Oubre. Charlotte beat it and now its round out the roster time
    @mcnamara247

What an embarrassment

When are the details of sign and trade arrangements come out today?

I've traditionally been one of the more positive posters, but there's no hiding the fact that Griffin has now burned through half of the assets he acquired through the AD and Jrue deals with only Devonte Graham and Tomas Satoransky to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I've traditionally been one of the more positive posters, but there's no hiding the fact that Griffin has now burned through half of the assets he acquired through the AD and Jrue deals with only Devonte Graham and Tomas Satoransky to show for it.
    What about Ingram, Hayes, and NAW. Not to mention whatever happens with Hart or JV

What about Ingram, Hayes, and NAW. Not to mention whatever happens with Hart or JV
    That's the other half lol

Thread Information