Pelicans Report

Page 120 of 157 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you can either get expirings right now or not, and you cant get them after tomorrow, what would br the logic for not getting them?

Genuine question. If you could just be given Jeremy Lamb tomorrow and get that salary to use come deadline time, but cant get it after tomorrow, why wouldnt you take it? Its a human trade excption, similar to what Griff did with Darius Miller
    To quote myself:

If there's a move that makes sense and has a reasonable cost of acquisition then go for it
    My point isn't that we're not allowed to make any more moves, of course we are. My point is that some people seem so desperate for just something to happen that they're willing to entertain or promote any number of ideas that, in other times, they probably would not give so much weight.
    Basketball.

I'm being told that the Mavs were wanting to make a move to get a partner to pair with THJ. Offered us Doncic for Beldsoe but we already had the deal with Memphis.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm being told that the Mavs were wanting to make a move to get a partner to pair with THJ. Offered us Doncic for Beldsoe but we already had the deal with Memphis.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Griff: "We've tried absolutely nothing, and we're all out of ideas."

So, I made like 4gs on ACH crypto trading today if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Griff: "We've tried absolutely nothing, and we're all out of ideas."
    I mean, you have seen all the reports where we do know Griff absolutely has tried to do various things?

Like, we offered a contract to THJ. We tried to sort something out for Lowry. We offered a contract to CP3. There's nothing you can do if guys just aren't interested in coming here regardless of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, you have seen all the reports where we do know Griff absolutely has tried to do various things?

Like, we offered a contract to THJ. We tried to sort something out for Lowry. We offered a contract to CP3. There's nothing you can do if guys just aren't interested in coming here regardless of money.
    Yes there is. You can audible and find new ways to get value. You can become a dump site or make uneven trades.

I dont blame him at all for shooting his shot and missing. But once you miss you gotta adjust and think of how to best lay out the next set of dominoes.

There is no excuse to not, at the very least, gobble up some expiring contracts and probably a few 2nds for doing so right now

As i have been saying for a while, he doesnt do any one thing that is so terrible by itself. He just makes 15 little mistakes that add up to a giant one
    @mcnamara247

Let's all completely ignore MM's cap expertise for a bit because it makes too much sense but it isn't fun because it won't be a super cool player, it'll be some lame player on a dumb expiring contract and let's get back to being irrational. The difference between whether we like where the team currently sits or if we feel like it's incomplete seems to rest on how we view Graham. Those who like where we are see him as a starter and those who feel we're incomplete view him as just a 6th man.

Or again, I could be totally underestimating Sato. I can't bring myself to research him. It's like my mind wants him traded.

Kind of disappointed that we wasted so much time trying to get Lowry and Cp3 when they were never gonna entertain us. THJ was a weird one, but I was hoping we try to fill out some more supplementary players than trying to nab a star point that wants a championship. A lot of decent players went for good deals, but we tried our with all our might to give out risky contracts. When we couldn't give out a risky contract... We gave up a 1st for no reason. It's mind numbing insanity
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-05-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He just makes 15 little mistakes that add up to a giant one

Thank you.... Feels like we spent most of our energy the past two off season correcting mistakes that never should of happened. Then, the masochists are like B+ off-season like... ughhhhhh...

Let's all completely ignore MM's cap expertise for a bit because it makes too much sense but it isn't fun because it won't be a super cool player, it'll be some lame player on a dumb expiring contract and let's get back to being irrational. The difference between whether we like where the team currently sits or if we feel like it's incomplete seems to rest on how we view Graham. Those who like where we are see him as a starter and those who feel we're incomplete view him as just a 6th man.

Or again, I could be totally underestimating Sato. I can't bring myself to research him. It's like my mind wants him traded.
    What does "complete" mean? That we have a starting lineup or that we can actually compete for something of.importance?

I.am curious as to what the most optimistic of posters believe. I currently think anything between 8-12 is realistic. Better than 8 would require good luck for us and bad luck for several other teams. 13-15 is only possible with horrid injury luck

Currently, I think 7th seed to 10. I like Graham but I don't see two NBA playoff quality starters between Kira, NAW, and Graham this season. I think our current lineup will be fun and will absolutely bruise people down low, getting us into the post season but lack of defense and especially lack of a starting quality PG sinks us.

Add that PG and I think we could be 5th to 8th seed.

Currently, I think 7th seed to 10. I like Graham but I don't see two NBA playoff quality starters between Kira, NAW, and Graham this season. I think our current lineup will be fun and will absolutely bruise people down low, getting us into the post season but lack of defense and especially lack of a starting quality PG sinks us.

Add that PG and I think we could be 5th to 8th seed.
    Ehhhhh... I think we are too undersized and don't have elite shooting to make the difference to be a playoff team. Maybe Grizzlies massively regress. Spurs will fall off. So, 9th at best.

The issue is that he basically gave up two firsts to get the flexibility. If he does nothing with the flexibility then he gave away two firsts for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So, I made like 4gs on ACH crypto trading today if that helps.
    Nice! I have a nice chunk in waiting on this supposed jump to kick off.

Eh, the NBA is a star driven league. Assuming good health and at least average coaching, I feel like at some point you have to just say okay, there are NBA players on this roster: if the stars are as good as we hope they are, they've got to do the job.

This year will be Brandon Ingram's 6th NBA season and his 2nd year on a max deal. It will be Zion's 3rd year in the NBA and he has an extension opportunity coming up. If they're legit, and they produce the impact we hope they will, then we're a playoff team. The question is just where.

Personally, I think this team - if everything goes well - could peak as high as a 5th seed. That's assuming BI and Zion are really at that next level, our 3rd year guys take that leap, Graham and JV maintain their pre-Pel productivity, etc. I think Memphis will regress or stay the same, while we've improved - there's a good argument they just lost their second best player in the JV trade. I don't think the Spurs are even close to a playoff team, to be honest. I never have faith in Portland. News is already coming out of Golden State that they don't really expect Klay back until January and they potentially plan on starting Kuminga until then, which I don't think will be pretty.

Denver, Utah, Phoenix, Clippers, Lakers and Dallas, I feel are the surefire playoff teams this year. That leaves the 7th and 8th seeds up for grabs and of course, 9th and 10th have the opportunity via the play in tournament. That's a wide range of seeds which could be seen as a success. If we're an 11th seed next season, that's an deep indictment of the franchise.

Nice! I have a nice chunk in waiting on this supposed jump to kick off.
    Man those Coinbase listing pump and dumps are wild. ACH and AMP looking great.. AMP being super slow thanks to its excessive 42 billion token supply. AMP is a great token to slowly get 100K, with great tokenomics and NYC regulation backing it. If US ever cracks down on crypto... AMP should actually prosper through that transition. Although, It seriously shouldn't have more than a 1 billion token tho. Terrible oversight. Slooowww build.

ACH getting first to market in Asia with only a 1.2 billion coin supply with a way better Crypto Culture is no surprise that it's shot past AMP. AMP is the better developed token, but ACH is clearly the better investment opportunity at the moment. It's an egg basket, not a just one egg basket is what I say.
    MA
    Got my Eth, ADA, AMP, MATIC.

But my 1st coin was such a dud. XLM..., but honestly... A "stable" coin like XLM was my avenue to learn about crypto and handle slower dips before moving the higher volatile stuff.

Hornets, Kelly Oubre Finalizing Multiyear Deal. LOL

Moses Wright was ACC player of the year last year. Herbert Jones was the SEC player of the year. That is not bad for the Summer League.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Hornets, Kelly Oubre Finalizing Multiyear Deal. LOL
    Oubre's IQ is low. Would've liked his defense though.

I just evaluated the additions to the Pelican roster. I just realized not a single free agent outside New Orleans has signed with the Pelicans. It appears all additions were technically acquired by trade. What do outsiders in the NBA read from this? Toxic front office and organization? A history of poor free agency acquisitions? On 3rd coach in three years? I am sure it is a multitude of reasons. Many of us have talked about how the guard from Charlotte wanted to come to New Orleans. But he was not entirely voluntary. There was a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Oubre's IQ is low. Would've liked his defense though.
    While I am not completely in support of Oubre's acquisition, fans and media are left with attacking the weaknesses of the free agents who didn't want to come to New Orleans for whatever reasons.

Moses Wright might be the other two way acquisition and ironically from Georgia Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    While I am not completely in support of Oubre's acquisition, fans and media are left with attacking the weaknesses of the free agents who didn't want to come to New Orleans for whatever reasons.
    Winning cures most things. But I can say, JJ Redick had a big influence on a lot of players. THJ definitely being one of them since they're good friends. But a lot of players look to JJ for veteran advice on the in and outs of teams. And since we did him "dirty" I mean, it is what it is.

Thread Information