Pelicans Report

Page 119 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don’t believe in nevers.

I exist where probablys like to fester and peel.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

tongue in cheek...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah...I mean are you assuming improvement from the 100 or so other 2nd and 3rd year guys in the league?

Admittedly it is possible they all (or most) improve
    But i can also see a very real world where this collection of guys wins 30-32 games. Nobody is really trying to lose any more besides maybe OKC and Houston. Maybe Orlando
    Every night you are playing a team with a roster arguably as good or better
    There's definitely a wide possibility of outcomes. But how many games did we lose in those close situations? Wasn't it some outlandish number? Assuming you just win half of those, plus a slightly+ improved roster with good health- even as-is it's not much of a leap to think we very well could be 6-7 seed. I guess if I had to put money on it I would put the over/under at 8th/9th seed and then taking the higher seed bet.

We also were by far the healthiest team in the league fiest half
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    There's definitely a wide possibility of outcomes. But how many games did we lose in those close situations? Wasn't it some outlandish number? Assuming you just win half of those, plus a slightly+ improved roster with good health- even as-is it's not much of a leap to think we very well could be 6-7 seed. I guess if I had to put money on it I would put the over/under at 8th/9th seed and then taking the higher seed bet.
    The craziest stat last year was the number of times we lost when we were winning with 2 minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We also were by far the healthiest team in the league fiest half
    I am interested to hear what your sources are saying right now. It is unbearably quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I mean.. if they sit pat and have another disaster of a season, they won't be here anymore.
    That?s why I added Griffin was under fire and the reason for us making these moves. Doesn?t mean it?s the best course of action.

The Franchise
    Sexton, Beasley, Oubre, and Bagley. Say it with me. Please!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Sexton would certainly be a fun choice to sell the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Or, even better, none of those guys!
    Basketball.

Let’s just trade whatever we have to for OG and role with that team.

NAW
    OG
    Ingram
    Zion
    Val

I guess yall have officially moved on to "let's just do something...anything...let's just do stuff" mode now? Markhennan? Oubre? Really?

Then the conversation will immediately move on to whining about costs and flexibility with the exact same short-sightedness.

Every single off season rinse repeat.

If this is as far as they can go at this point in time, then so be it. Don't go forcing a damned thing.

Why do we have to make another move really? We have a very exciting team at each position in the lineup as it stands now.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Let’s just trade whatever we have to for OG and role with that team.

NAW
    OG
    Ingram
    Zion
    Val
    You think both NAW and Ingram would be on the team if we were serious for OG?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Why do we have to make another move really? We have a very exciting team at each position in the lineup as it stands now.
    For real. If there's a move that makes sense and has a reasonable cost of acquisition then go for it, but this idea that we need to just quick, desperate, find someone who's able to be acquired!!!!!!! LIke

come on, guys. Breathe. Slow down.

There is a hole at starting pg and they could use another 3 & D wing.

Don't want to force Kira out there as a starter now, Graham is most useful as a massive upgrade to JJ Redick, and the new wings are both rookies.

That said, do NOT go forcing a move that isn't there.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Don't want to force Kira out there as a starter now, Graham is most useful as a massive upgrade to JJ Redick, and the new wings are both rookies.

Also could use some expiring tradable contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

I'm ok giving Graham the starting PG role. BUT I'm not sold that Graham and NAW will cut it as a starting guard combo for a playoff team.

I think if we start the season mostly as we are now, then I'll enjoy the wins but not expect the playoffs. And just hope we can maybe make a big move at the trade deadline.

I wish DeMarcus Cousins didn't have so much baggage. He would be ideal backup for Zion.

And yes, there is a part of me that feels sorry for him (not to be confused with 'pity').

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    For real. If there's a move that makes sense and has a reasonable cost of acquisition then go for it, but this idea that we need to just quick, desperate, find someone who's able to be acquired!!!!!!! LIke

come on, guys. Breathe. Slow down.
    If you can either get expirings right now or not, and you cant get them after tomorrow, what would br the logic for not getting them?

Genuine question. If you could just be given Jeremy Lamb tomorrow and get that salary to use come deadline time, but cant get it after tomorrow, why wouldnt you take it? Its a human trade excption, similar to what Griff did with Darius Miller

The Suns are close to an agreement on a one-year contract with free agent guard Elfrid Payton. Now this is funny.

Cuz is a huge liability defensively now..not want you want on a team that could struggle on that end

What about Garrison Mathews and Caleb Homesley? They are young and probably cap victoms. I read Homesley may still sign with the Wizards.

Anything…anything!!! It is so frustrating not hearing anything. Watching other teams make moves and literally crickets on our end.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I?m not saying we should be desperate, but as this roster currently sits we are not a better team than last season. If we?re better, it?s marginally better but even that is arguable. If the goal is playoffs and beyond and to try and keep Zion in NOLA long term we cannot be satisfied going into the season with this roster.

Thread Information