Pelicans Report

Page 117 of 157 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I still think there’s more. I can’t imagine there’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I still think there’s more. I can’t imagine there’s not.
    I would hope so.

I wish we had the ear of a reporter who could ask a breakdown of MM’s comment - phrased politely enough that they do not go defensive yet direct enough to get an answer.

If nothing is done and we literally traded 2 first round picks for Davonte Graham, this will be the worst offseason in Pelicans history.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    I wish we had the ear of a reporter who could ask a breakdown of MM’s comment - phrased politely enough that they do not go defensive yet direct enough to get an answer.
    You wont get an answer. No matter how you approach them. Let me give you an example of how they think. They knew the Adams deal was questionable, but their logic was something like: "If we lose, we'd rather lose with guys we want than guys we dont" -- like, that kind of thinking blows my mind in this phase of their build. Down the line, sure. But to give up assets because you like the person and you might win more with him, might not - but if you dont, at least you went down swinging with your guys....I just cant fathom that at this phase
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I'm hoping there’s more. It wouldn't shock me if there’s not.
    fixed/how I feel

Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Bulls-Pels-Hornets 3 way

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

Bulls-Pels-Hornets 3 way
    Who else would we want from Hornets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You wont get an answer. No matter how you approach them. Let me give you an example of how they think. They knew the Adams deal was questionable, but their logic was something like: "If we lose, we'd rather lose with guys we want than guys we dont" -- like, that kind of thinking blows my mind in this phase of their build. Down the line, sure. But to give up assets because you like the person and you might win more with him, might not - but if you dont, at least you went down swinging with your guys....I just cant fathom that at this phase
    Does Trajan have the same mindset or is that mostly Griff?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Who else would we want from Hornets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A 2023 protected 1st

Wasn't the original deal going to be Graham to the Pels, Lonzo to the Bulls, and Lauri to the Hornets? What the hell happened? Is it possible that these things have been fluid and Woj's original reports were not yet set in stone?

I may be desperate enough at this time to accept Kevin Love and his big expiring next year for a sign and trade of Hart. Love, when healthy, could be our sixth man in the mold of Ryan Anderson.

Lineup

PG: Graham/Kira/Alvarado(2-way)
    SG: NAW/Satoransky/Didi
    SF: Ingram/Temple/Marshall/Jones
    PF: Zion/Love/Murphy III
    C: Valanciunas/Hayes
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-05-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Wasn't the original deal going to be Graham to the Pels, Lonzo to the Bulls, and Lauri to the Hornets? What the hell happened? Is it possible that these things have been fluid and Woj's original reports were not yet set in stone?
    Nothing is set in stone. Especially when you have 3 RFA's. Now, not only do you have to have 3 teams agree, but you need 3 players to agree on new contracts with specific teams while numerous other teams are probably calling their agent.

That trade was out pretty early, but there was about to be a Hart for Graham trade and then something changed that out of nowhere. I had always assumed another deal for Hart, but maybe Hart decided he didnt want to go to Charlotte. No clue as of this moment. But something weird happened with all that

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Does Trajan have the same mindset or is that mostly Griff?
    Trajan almost left for Sacramento. So, I don't know if we are that bad or he just enjoys suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I may be desperate enough at this time to accept Kevin Love and his big expiring next year for a sign and trade of Hart. Love, when healthy, could be our sixth man in the mold of Ryan Anderson.

Lineup

PG: Graham/Kira/Alvarado(2-way)
    SG: NAW/Satoransky/Didi
    SF: Ingram/Temple/Marshall/Jones
    PF: Zion/Love/Murphy III
    C: Valanciunas/Hayes
    I wouldn't hate it, but I'm not loving it. Love would fill a "need"... What level of play he fills it with will probably leave a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Trajan almost left for Sacramento. So, I don't know if we are that bad or he just enjoys suffering.

Almost left is slightly misleading

Yeah. That would either suggest that he still views NOLA as on the rise......or at the least he feels like it's more of a controlled dumpster fire than Sacramento.

Isn't Love a turnstile on D on his best days? I guess he could be an absolute last resort...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nothing is set in stone. Especially when you have 3 RFA's. Now, not only do you have to have 3 teams agree, but you need 3 players to agree on new contracts with specific teams while numerous other teams are probably calling their agent.

That trade was out pretty early, but there was about to be a Hart for Graham trade and then something changed that out of nowhere. I had always assumed another deal for Hart, but maybe Hart decided he didnt want to go to Charlotte. No clue as of this moment. But something weird happened with all that
    Well could this be holding up things, if Hart may not want to go to say Sac or Utah if we are trying to trade w/ them?
    Also doesn't Josh have to be signed or moved by tomorrow?

If we do not do anything I will lose what little bit of hope I have left. This is ****ing pathetic.

what if we get markkanen too? Chicago gets Hart.

maybe charlotte gets thad young and Temple which would be dumb but they arent very good...

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    If we do not do anything I will lose what little bit of hope I have left. This is ****ing pathetic.
    Will be good to have another in this group. Gets lonely sometimes over here

Temple is 100% staying. I can say that for a fact

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/sta...906142720?s=20

Not sure if Shamit is right, but the question was if the moves aren't completed tomorrow would it reduce the cap available

Thread Information