Pelicans Report

Page 115 of 157 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It will involve Charlotte. Graham and Jonas are 26 mil incoming as of right now
    Instead of expiring contracts, couldn’t they opt to create a huge trade exception?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Can you reroute Temple or Satoransky for even more money?

It will involve Charlotte. Graham and Jonas are 26 mil incoming as of right now
    That at least makes me feel better. It would just be extremely disappointing if we do the Mem trade to clear cap space and have everyone decline our offers. Then we pivot to a trade that has us sending a FRP and it ends up being for nothing.

I understand that locking into a core of Lonzo, Zion, & BI is risky but I think I would've rather kept the 10th pick, Adams, Bledsoe and matched Zo & Hart (kept Lakers and our own pick) with the 10th pick could've chosen b/w Bouknight, Moody, Kispert. Hindsight is 20/20 we didn't know Moody and Bouknight would be there so I'll roll with Kispert. Let's even go best case scenario and say we get Hield which roster do you prefer?

Scenario A
    PG: Bledsoe
    SG: Ball
    SF: BI
    PF: Zion
    C: Adams
    NAW
    Kira
    Kispert
    Hayes
    +2 more draft assets

Scenario B
    PG: Graham
    SG: Hield
    SF: BI
    PF: Zion
    C: JV
    NAW
    Kira
    Murphy
    Temple
    Hayes
    -2 less draft assets

In scenario A I think it's likely Bledsoe gets bought out he would've essentially been an expiring right? Regardless he would've been benched for NAW / Kira to get more playing time. Scenario B has way more shooting no defense and less draft capital. I guess it comes down to A.) we have to expand the Memphis trade and B.) would you rather have Adams + 2 more draft picks to use in trades or JV and 2 less picks?
    #FREEQUAIL

How did we have him for two years and people still not know how to spell Redick yet?!??!?!?!

One 'D'

R-E-D-I-C-K

For the love of all that is holy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Can we even trade Sato?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Not really and ita a LONG story but basically it would be much better to use Satoransky by himself than add him in to get maximum return.

Basically, if you add him, he will count as 5 mil. Not nothing, but if you trade him by himself, you can take a 15 mil player back
    @mcnamara247

As a primer for today:

Pels can currently roll about 18 million into the Memphis trade. Send nothing out, take in a player making up to 18 mil.

Add Iwundu in there and its about 20.2 and add Gabriel its about 22.8. Add Hart (factoring in an 11 mil per year S&T), and it about 30 million.

So, that is to say that the Pelicans can take a lot of money back without giving up much/any - a very valuable tool in the trade market. Many teams are at the cap or close.

But once the Pelicans make the Memphis trade official (likely tomorrow), this ability disappears.
    So, it would take Hart included to get Hield. If Gabriel and Iwundu are added, it looks very close.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Not really and ita a LONG story but basically it would be much better to use Satoransky by himself than add him in to get maximum return.

Basically, if you add him, he will count as 5 mil. Not nothing, but if you trade him by himself, you can take a 15 mil player back
    Can you elaborate at all on what the ?other opportunity? was that caused the Graham trade to change to include a first rounder?

So will we be adding to the trade today? Who is looking to dump salary? Will we be taking on the ghost of Kevin Love for Josh Hart?
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-05-2021 at 09:31 AM.

I’ve talked myself into being totally fine with Reggie Jackson and Bertans to close out free agency. Surround Zion and BI with elite shooting. That Bertans contract isn’t as bad as it looks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So will we be adding to the trade today? Who is looking to dump salary? Will we be taking on the ghost of Kevin Love for Josh Hart?
    I really hope something happens today. I'm ready to evaluate this offseason as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I’ve talked myself into being totally fine with Reggie Jackson and Bertans to close out free agency. Surround Zion and BI with elite shooting. That Bertans contract isn’t as bad as it looks
    Don't see him as available now that the Wizards have been able to complete the Dinwiddie S&T without needing to unload his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I really hope something happens today. I'm ready to evaluate this offseason as a whole.
    Curious to see what happens with Hart also Are we looking to move him at his request or could we re-sign him if all else fails.

I like the idea of Reggie Jackson and Bertans without giving up anything significant.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Don't see him as available now that the Wizards have been able to complete the Dinwiddie S&T without needing to unload his contract.
    They have Kuzma, Harrel, Thomas Bryant, Rui, and Deni. I can?t imagine they want to play Vertans heavy minutes above some of those guys. I?d be they would love to get off that contract and add some flexibility. Could get and asset for taking on the contract

Hart probably makes the most sense for the Wizards. Would they consider Hart for Bertans and a protected first

They have Kuzma, Harrel, Thomas Bryant, Rui, and Deni. I can?t imagine they want to play Vertans heavy minutes above some of those guys. I?d be they would love to get off that contract and add some flexibility. Could get and asset for taking on the contract
    We'll see. His contract is not good (although the last year is only guaranteed for $5 million) and he would give us a backup 3/4.

Reggie Jackson and Bertans are elite shooters now? Both players are ok but aren't elite at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Reggie Jackson and Bertans are elite shooters now? Both players are ok but aren't elite at anything.
    I was more so saying generally elite shooting. But yes Bertans is an elite 3 point shooter. Jackson also shot 45% last season on catch and shoot 3s

I'd obviously rather Ingles than Bertans because Ingles is better and on a 1 year deal, but if you can get Bertans for nothing I'd do it

I think the Jazz made it pretty clear that they aren't dumping any of their good players.

I wish we could get Markkanen on a decent deal. If we got him I would be content with our team this year. Is Satoransky on the team? ESPN has Temple on our roster, but his name is missing. We have 15 players as of now and could only add someone if we get rid of a player to make room for him. I would likely make Didi and Jones two way players. I would love to bring back Josh Hart too if possible.

C: Jonas, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Markkanen, Jones
    SF: BI, Murphy, Naji, Iwundu
    SG: NAW, Temple, Didi
    PG: Graham, Satoransky, Kira

I would rather NAW come off the bench, but Temple is a rotation player. I could be content with a depth chart like this. We for sure need a backup 4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I think the Jazz made it pretty clear that they aren't dumping any of their good players.
    Maybe I missed something. Last reports I saw said he was available.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I wish we could get Markkanen on a decent deal. If we got him I would be content with our team this year. Is Satoransky on the team? ESPN has Temple on our roster, but his name is missing. We have 15 players as of now and could only add someone if we get rid of a player to make room for him. I would likely make Didi and Jones two way players. I would love to bring back Josh Hart too if possible.

C: Jonas, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Markkanen, Jones
    SF: BI, Murphy, Naji, Iwundu
    SG: NAW, Temple, Didi
    PG: Graham, Satoransky, Kira

I would rather NAW come off the bench, but Temple is a rotation player. I could be content with a depth chart like this. We for sure need a backup 4 though.
    Think we only have 14 with Hart and Gabriel is not guaranteed. Jones could end up being a 2-way.

This is conjecture but points to Ingles not being in trade plans for Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/8/3/226...s-trade-rumors

And this is just me speculating but I would think that if we had any interest in Markkanen we would have fit him into the Zo package.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information