Pelicans Report

Page 114 of 157 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Trade:

PELS receive Damien Lillard
    Blazers aren't trading Lillard.
    Basketball.

[QUOTE=pelicanchamp;1564883]Trade:

Blazers receive: Ingram, NAW, Kira, Sato and 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks

Then we sign Reggie Jackson, Oubre and Willy

Lillard
    Graham
    Oubre
    Zion
    Jonas

BACKUPS:
    Jackson
    Didi
    Hayes
    Naji
    Temple
    Willy
    Gabriel
    Herb Jones
    Murphy

Looks Great Champ !
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    It definitely feels like that played some kind of a role into why FA deals were not finalized after they were offered. **** move by Reddick to criticize Griffin and the organization just before the offseason of clearing a ton of cap space and attempting to add pieces onto Zion and Ingram in FA. I feel like he made sure his words got in the way of the teams offseason plans of finally building a consistent winning team via FA help just because he didnt get his way to be traded to BKN and have a last chance at getting a championship ring giftwrapped to him from playing with KD, Harden, & Kyrie.

No one has been trying to seriously sign Reddick in FA. I think he knew he wasn?t going to get much of any interest in FA at his age so he tried his damnedest to make Griffin & FO look horrible in player relations for not catering to him.
    I hope the other 29 GMs take note of what Reddick did to the rep of the team by criticizing Griff and not sign Reddick as punishment and karma. End his career while as a FA with the rep of team operations saboteur.
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 08-05-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We can offer them a very good package. I think he?s unhappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Just a thought, but knowing how much players communicate with each other, you wonder if JJ Redick poisoned the well? He's been in the league a long time, so a lot of players would take what he says into consideration.
    I was wondering the same thing myself. Redick said that "it’s not something where I would expect certainly the agents who worked on this with me to ever trust that front office again.” His agency is CAA Sports. They represent some big names, but not anyone we've been connected to who chose less money to go elsewhere.

However, could be that his criticism landed in a lot of agents' and players' ears. Then again, could also be that Griff didn't show much in the way he constructed the team last year. I can understand there being concerns about going to a small market team on it's third coach in three years and unable, thus far, to build a playoff caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Just a thought, but knowing how much players communicate with each other, you wonder if JJ Redick poisoned the well? He's been in the league a long time, so a lot of players would take what he says into consideration.
    I think JJ factors in very little in all of this. You do sense the "Avoid at All Cost" of this FA offseason which honestly wasn't really there the last two off season.

I just it's a case of people paying attention how Griff has done business and scrutinizing it.

Would you want to go a place that'll trade you a year into when things go bad?
    Would you want to go to a place where you'll get thrown under the bus?
    Would you want to go to an organization that spends more time and assets cleaning up theiir own mistakes than building the team?
    Do you see PBO being in press conference for no reason necessary or putting outlandish statements of competing?
    A whole bunch of drama got dropped a month after the season with Zion, players being unhappy, Griff being a headcase, etc

And to be honest... It's only a few select players that didn't have a legitimate reason to turn us down.

But this is all temporary if the organization gets the drama under control, be competent, and just win games.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Trade:

Blazers receive: Ingram, NAW, Kira, Sato and 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks

Then we sign Reggie Jackson, Oubre and Willy

Lillard
    Graham
    Oubre
    Zion
    Jonas

BACKUPS:
    Jackson
    Didi
    Hayes
    Naji
    Temple
    Willy
    Gabriel
    Herb Jones
    Murphy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do have an imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think JJ factors in very little in all of this. You do sense the "Avoid at All Cost" of this FA offseason which honestly wasn't really there the last two off season.

I just it's a case of people paying attention how Griff has done business and scrutinizing it.

Would you want to go a place that'll trade you a year into when things go bad?
    Would you want to go to a place where you'll get thrown under the bus?
    Would you want to go to an organization that spends more time and assets cleaning up theiir own mistakes than building the team?
    Do you see PBO being in press conference for no reason necessary or putting outlandish statements of competing?
    A whole bunch of drama got dropped a month after the season with Zion, players being unhappy, Griff being a headcase, etc

And to be honest... It's only a few select players that didn't have a legitimate reason to turn us down.

But this is all temporary if the organization gets the drama under control, be competent, and just win games.

Reddick was thirsty for a ring at age 37 and was upset Griffin prioritized team interests and didn’t send him where he wanted to go while his career was fading out. The things Reddick said about the FO cant be trusted was unwarranted and extreme, and took advantage of the vulnerability of a small market rebuilding team getting in position to acquire players. Reddick had a huge complex of who he was at this stage of his career more than what he actually is.

There’s hardly any other players, if at all, that the Pelicans traded away while they were actually good and an asset to the team, unless they made trade requests like AD and CP. Besides them, its usually declining players that were huge cap liabilities. I don’t see how the team trades players when it goes bad like there’s fire sales every year. If they’re not good and taking up cap, they should be gone.

Reddick was 37, his numbers declined from the previous season because of his age. It can be blamed on coaching change, but his Dallas #s still didn’t match the 19-20 season. Because a GM and FO didn’t cater to a 37 year old declining veteran’s trade destination means they can’t be trusted? That’s really ridiculous. Whether intentionally or not, Reddick sabotaged some the Pelicans FA negotiations because he couldn’t get his participation ring
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 08-05-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Reddick was thirsty for a ring at age 37 and was upset Griffin prioritized business and didn’t send him where he wanted to go while his career was fading out. The things Reddick said about the FO cant be trusted was unwarranted and extreme, and took advantage of the vulnerability of a small market rebuilding team getting in position to acquire players. Reddick had a huge complex of who he was at this stage of his career more than what he actually is.

There’s hardly any other players, if at all, that the Pelicans traded away while they were actually good and an asset to the team, unless they made trade requests like AD and CP. Besides them, its usually declining players that were huge cap liabilities. I don’t see how the team trades players when it goes bad like there’s fire sales every year. If they’re not good and taking up cap, they should be gone.

Reddick was 37, his numbers declined from the previous season because of his age. It can be blamed on coaching change, but his Dallas #s still didn’t match the 19-20 season. Because a GM and FO didn’t cater to a 37 year old declining veteran’s trade destination means they can’t be trusted? That’s really ridiculous. Whether intentionally or not, Reddick sabotaged some the Pelicans FA negotiations because he couldn’t get his participation ring
    Ehhhh... I really don't think JJ Reddick sabotaged anything that wasn't already sabotaged by poor mishandling of the franchise. Other franchises do the samething as we do, but Griff does have to get better at communicating with Vets that stuck their neck out to come here. Which has been a known issue here between FO vs. Players. Who cares about what a washed up shooter that can't shoot think.

You can talk dirt all you can, but to turn down $18 million Fully GTD extra dollars on a solid talented team that isn't a one man show... It's more than just one person's word. It's the complete picture as to why he turned us down... Location, management, and stability. We probably struck out in all three.

During GM in the past, did Griffin ever trade away a Good player right after joining the team? Was there any other players to ever criticize Griffin? Griffin’s business handling wasn’t questioned before then tmk. Reddick’s can’t be trusted comments was reckless and out of line. He deserves the same treatment from all GMs in FA negotiations that FA players gave us because of those comments, no signing. I think Lowry or Hardaway would’ve accepted our offers if those words were never said by Reddick

Also to have people have to try and defend Zion by cheating off Ingram, Graham, and Buddy is just hilarious on a huge number of different levels. So many ways to die, choose one.
    That would be hilarious. We'd be a second round team for sure with merely adequate defense.

As much as JJ wre(di)cked the team (fingerguns) Jrue repped us. How the Pels handled a tough situation with Lauren's tumor and then trading him to a contender....him winning the title and repping us seconds after winning. I would have thought those two would cancel out. But getting stiffed in FA says otherwise. I think it has more to do with how meh the players looked last season. Trade for one starting quality guard, go out and have a great/fun season with Willie, and our FA woes will be over. Winning cures all.

Why does Sacramento hate Buddy so? I love Buddy. Why they trying to trash my guy?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Get me Hield and Bogdanovic and I'm happy. I don't know if Bagley fits in there too, but why not try

Good little perspective on why we should all hate the idea of trading BI.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2021/08/0...ngram-granted/

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    As much as JJ wre(di)cked the team (fingerguns) Jrue repped us. How the Pels handled a tough situation with Lauren's tumor and then trading him to a contender....him winning the title and repping us seconds after winning. I would have thought those two would cancel out. But getting stiffed in FA says otherwise. I think it has more to do with how meh the players looked last season. Trade for one starting quality guard, go out and have a great/fun season with Willie, and our FA woes will be over. Winning cures all.

Why does Sacramento hate Buddy so? I love Buddy. Why they trying to trash my guy?
    Yeah In all this mess it seems to be forgotten how we treated Jrue

And he wont want to come here either.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 08-05-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Good little perspective on why we should all hate the idea of trading BI.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2021/08/0...ngram-granted/
    Agreed! So dumb! I would love to have Lillard but people need to remember just how you Ingram still is. Lillard was 22 y/o his rookie year and will be turning 31 while Ingram is just 23 y/o.. He still has room to grow and become a much better player. Not many players in the NBA right now as good as him outside of Doncic, Tatum, Booker, Young, Mitchell, and Zion.. Then you look at all the great wings in the NBA with Giannis, Durant, and Lebron as the only players to be as good as Ingram so early. You can?t give me 10 players that are a better fit with Zion and going into the future for this team. These 2 have potential to turn into one of the best duos ever under 25 years old and with 2 years left I?m betting on them having as strong a case as anyone. They are just learning how to play great themselves much less together. We should expect nothing but amazing results as they continue to develop and get more time playing together along with what should be a great coaching staff that has a good idea on how to get the best results. Don?t know how anyone can?t be excited right now going forward with these 2 along with the many other very promising players on this team.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-05-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Yeah In all this mess it seems to be forgotten how we treated Jrue
    Yea the organization.. all while most of the fan base and many here bashed him at every turn until the rest of the NBA that knows what they are talking about continually praised how good he was. Most of the time there was like a handful of guys here that didn’t think he was some average PG and some believing he was trash.

Reddick was thirsty for a ring at age 37 and was upset Griffin prioritized team interests and didn’t send him where he wanted to go while his career was fading out. The things Reddick said about the FO cant be trusted was unwarranted and extreme, and took advantage of the vulnerability of a small market rebuilding team getting in position to acquire players. Reddick had a huge complex of who he was at this stage of his career more than what he actually is.

You can't say that Reddick was thirsty for a ring when he passed on re-signing a 1 year deal with Philly when they had become a contender for a 2 year deal in New Orleans who was rebuilding.

How did we have him for two years and people still not know how to spell Redick yet?!??!?!?!

One 'D'

R-E-D-I-C-K

For the love of all that is holy!!!
    @mcnamara247

As a primer for today:

Pels can currently roll about 18 million into the Memphis trade. Send nothing out, take in a player making up to 18 mil.

Add Iwundu in there and its about 20.2 and add Gabriel its about 22.8. Add Hart (factoring in an 11 mil per year S&T), and it about 30 million.

So, that is to say that the Pelicans can take a lot of money back without giving up much/any - a very valuable tool in the trade market. Many teams are at the cap or close.

But once the Pelicans make the Memphis trade official (likely tomorrow), this ability disappears.
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 08-05-2021 at 08:11 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That makes the ability for the Pels to add a useful, competent, perhaps overpaid, player a metaphorical layup. One Griffin couldn't possibly miss...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How did we have him for two years and people still not know how to spell Redick yet?!??!?!?!

One 'D'

R-E-D-I-C-K

For the love of all that is holy!!!
    That was spelled with an extra d on purpose for what he said about Griff and the org

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    As a primer for today:

Pels can currently roll about 18 million into the Memphis trade. Send nothing out, take in a player making up to 18 mil.

Add Iwundu in there and its about 20.2 and its about 22.8. Add Hart (factoring in an 11 mil per year S&T), and it about 30 million.

So, that is to say that the Pelicans can take a lot of money back without giving up much/any - a very valuable tool in the trade market. Many teams are at the cap or close.

But once the Pelicans make the Memphis trade official (likely tomorrow), this ability disappears.
    If it's rolled into the Memphis trade and doesn't involve Charlotte at all. Then what does that make of the reports that the original S&T of Lonzo somehow involved us getting Graham and instead something came up made us pivot and throw in the protected first to Charlotte?
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    If it's rolled into the Memphis trade and doesn't involve Charlotte at all. Then what does that make of the reports that the original S&T of Lonzo somehow involved us getting Graham and instead something came up made us pivot and throw in the protected first to Charlotte?
    It will involve Charlotte. Graham and Jonas are 26 mil incoming as of right now

Thread Information