Pelicans Report

Page 108 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I have a feeling Trey will get thrown into the deep end more quickly than some suspect to get us more spacing and defensive versatility with the first unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    For real. In the perfect circumstance, Bledsoe is almost definitely a better defender than Graham. His wingspan is even longer, he's much stronger physically, etc. But in terms of what they're willing to give the New Orleans Pelicans, I'm guessing that Graham will put better effort in on the floor and produce better results.
    Yeah. And it really did look like the team quit on SVG and all reports comfirm that. Who knows, we may even see BI and Zion turn into defensive assets playing for a coach who they believe in.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

For real. In the perfect circumstance, Bledsoe is almost definitely a better defender than Graham. His wingspan is even longer, he's much stronger physically, etc. But in terms of what they're willing to give the New Orleans Pelicans, I'm guessing that Graham will put better effort in on the floor and produce better results.
    Agree with this. There was something off mentally with Bledsoe, a confidence/aggressiveness/effort thing. Lonzo also had mentality issues. I want 5 pitbulls on the floor... I admire Miami's culture brought by Pat Riley and Jimmy Butler.

I’m really glad Devonte is excited to be in New Orleans and to be a Pelican. Dispels the narrative people conveniently throw around that players don?t want to be here whenever contract $ negotiations fall through
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 08-04-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Wow, Delonte's catch & shoot numbers are awesome (apologies if someone posted , I haven't read this whole thread)

"Graham, a 26-year-old and a 3-year veteran, is on the doorstep of his prime, is already a dependable catch-and shoot 3-point bomber (2020-21: 42.6 3PT%; 2019-20: 41.8 3PT%) "
    https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2021/8...ths-weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. And it really did look like the team quit on SVG and all reports comfirm that. Who knows, we may even see BI and Zion turn into defensive assets playing for a coach who they believe in.
    Zion and BI alone should be able to get this team to the playoffs with the right coach who coaches consistent defense while resonating with his players. Coach Green really seems like he’s that guy

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Wow, Delonte's catch & shoot numbers are awesome (apologies if someone posted , I haven't read this whole thread)

"Graham, a 26-year-old and a 3-year veteran, is on the doorstep of his prime, is already a dependable catch-and shoot 3-point bomber (2020-21: 42.6 3PT%; 2019-20: 41.8 3PT%) "
    https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2021/8...ths-weaknesses
    He is a top tier shooting threat.

Shot at least 37% from 3 both of the last two years on extremely high volume. Last year he shot 14 3PAs per 100: that's top 5 in the entire NBA. The only player who shot more were names like Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard (and Jordan Clarkson lmao).
    Basketball.

I think we are close to having a really solid lineup. We need to resign Hermangomez and we are 1 or 2 rotation players away.

Seems really like the 5th slot on the first unit is for grabs to whoever can be as close to that pitbull defender / 3pt sniper that we need. Looks like potentially 4 or 5 guys could be auditioning. Now's your moment fellas, I hope you are all putting up 500 threes per day and working on your lateral quickness this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I can't believe people on here still think this. But I also can't believe half the things I read on here
    LOL. True.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    I’m really glad Devonte is excited to be in New Orleans and to be a Pelican. Dispels the narrative people conveniently throw around that players don?t want to be here whenever contract $ negotiations fall through
    I guess it’s more so bigger named players. All of this is heresay but it’s reported that CP3, Lowry and THJ all turned us down.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I guess it’s more so bigger named players. All of this is heresay but it’s reported that CP3, Lowry and THJ all turned us down.
    At least CP3 entertained the thought, that's good. THJ took less to go w/ what he already knows. Lowry's w/ Miami b/c he's friends w/ Butler so it's not so bad. Everyone didn't just turned us down b/c they didn't want to be here. There were justifiable reasons. THJ would be the one that's kinda silly b/c you would think a person would take more $$ but everything isn't about $$. The media is gonna try to spin it and make it seem like it's us but I don't think so. Sato seems excited to join and said he heard great things about the organization.

Honestly, we would have made the playoffs last here if Griff, SVG and the players were on the same page. Everyone was doing their own thing and those 13 or 14 games we lost in the 4th Q that were very winnable were why we didn't make it. I'm not saying we would have gone far but we would have made the play-in if everyone was focused and on the same page.

That's why Willie Green may be more important than any player we put on the court b/c he has to make sure that everyone is doing their job and that he and Griff are on the same page. Focus, Accountablity and Togetherness on the court and off are the keys for this team moving forward in the right direction imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    CP3 and Lowry had legit reasons to turn us down. THJ did not.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

BKN got some balls.

Could very well be what's holding the Pels up, specifically if Chicago is part of the deal

Well this is massive news

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

If we're apart of it, I hope we get something good out of it.

We running and shooting all day long. LOL.

I guess Willie wants an consult on the offense install.

Bleh, have never liked D'Antoni... weird he is some kind of 'consultant' as opposed to an assistant coach? Seems like a step backwards for him. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't really his choice and Brooklyn got tired of having him around.

I called this one when D'Antoni left Brooklyn. He had a working relationship with Griff in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Bleh, have never liked D'Antoni... weird he is some kind of 'consultant' as opposed to an assistant coach? Seems like a step backwards for him. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't really his choice and Brooklyn got tired of having him around.
    It's probably for helping with installing the offense. He isn't here to coach lol

Am I wrong that all he knows how to do is get lucky with having some some incredible ball handler/passer like Nash or Harden on his team, tell him to keep dribbling the ball until he either gets off a shot or finds an open shooter in the corner, and do this all as quickly as possible?

Thread Information