Pelicans Report

Page 106 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Griffin striking out on everything. Feels like he didn't think we needed to operate like a small market team. Big mistake it seems.
    It’s almost as if what JJ Reddick, Kendrick Perkins, and others have said about him is true.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I can't believe people on here still think this. But I also can't believe half the things I read on here
    Mood
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’m gonna spend two minutes pretending this has anything to do with us in a positive way.

Is it possible that there are some additional teams and players involved in some of these transactions that for some reason we haven't heard about yet? Which may end up explaining why we gave up a protected first to Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I’m gonna spend two minutes pretending this has anything to do with us in a positive way.

We have a better chance signing Kawhi than getting Beal dawg. Lol

Is there any reason to keep refreshing twitter? What are the odds we do something more than just re-sign Hart to a 4/40M contract and we roll into the season with some sort of depth chart like this:

PG: Sato / Graham/ Kira
    SG: NAW / Graham / Murphy
    SF: Ingram / Hart / Temple
    PF: Zion / Marshal / Gabriel
    C: JV / Hayes

Or is there real promise of S&T'ing Hart + Sato for a starting Guard. If so who is that guard even gonna be, people talk about Heild does Hart + Sato = Heild? People also like Sato as a solid player should we just keep him?
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Is there any reason to keep refreshing twitter? What are the odds we do something more than just re-sign Hart to a 4/40M contract and we roll into the season with some sort of depth chart like this:

SG: NAW / Graham / Hart
    SF: Ingram / Hart / Muprhy
    PF: Zion / Temple / Gabriel

Or is there real promise of S&T'ing Hart + Sato for a starting Guard. If so who is that guard even gonna be, people talk about Heild does Hart + Sato = Heild? People also like Sato as a solid player should we just keep him?
    I just cannot believe Griffin is not going to use that Memphis deal to add a useful player.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    We have a better chance signing Kawhi than getting Beal dawg. Lol
    So you're saying there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Is it possible that there are some additional teams and players involved in some of these transactions that for some reason we haven't heard about yet? Which may end up explaining why we gave up a protected first to Charlotte?
    that's my guess. i don't think the Pels are done. there has to be more to this.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    CP3 was instrumental in them getting to the finals. In the games he was guarded by Jrue, he had true, but in the games where Jrue was on Booker, CP3 was still very good. Hell, in games 1 and 2 (both unguarded by Jrue) he averaged 28/4/9 on 56/58/80 splits. Even with the difficult games guarded by Jrue, he was still good enough in games 5 and 6 for his overall finals averages to be 22/3/8 on 55/52/75 splits.

Whether he fades or not in future is no reflection of the season he just had, where he was excellent, and then in the playoffs again where he was excellent, including the Finals.

People have the weirdest winners bias. Like, it's a team sport. The fact that the team lost doesn't mean that CP3 was terrible, he was really elite in 4 of the 6 games, and even in the 2 where he struggled he wasn't horrible. He just couldn't score.
    It's not bias. He looked exhausted in the last few games. He's going on 37. I didnt say he had a bad year, and I certainaly didnt say "CP3 was terrible" In fact, I'd say he was mostly superb! But, I still think that he will be declining sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance.
    There's always a punchers chance. But imo we ain't doing anything huge. I want Jarred Vanderbilt dammit. But it'd be small moves like that.

Maybe Hart to the Cavs for Dean wade and a pick.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

SG: NAW / Graham / Murphy
    SF: Ingram / Hart / Temple
    PF: Zion / Marshal / Gabriel

I would say keep refreshing....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The guy we never talk about is Naji Marshall ('Gibraltar). This guy will be a contributor in the NBA for the next 15 years. A coach will be able to put him in the lineup every night and not have to wonder what (s)he is going to get. He is the antithesis to 'flash or crash'. Every twinning team needs these types.
    I agree with this and was about to say the same. I really feel comfortable with him off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    that's my guess. i don't think the Pels are done. there has to be more to this.
    Fwiw, I agree with you....

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I can't believe people on here still think this. But I also can't believe half the things I read on here
    Eric Bledsoe was better?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Fwiw, I agree with you....
    LMAO nah man I'm passed the denial stage and in more acceptance stage.

We have to be realistic, the more time goes by, the more teams no how desperate the Pelicans are and harder for the trade market. ******** is looking bleek lmao
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    LMAO nah man I'm passed the denial stage and in more acceptance stage.

We have to be realistic, the more time goes by, the more teams no how desperate the Pelicans are and harder for the trade market. ******** is looking bleek lmao
    Don’t give up.... Don’t ever give up....

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Don’t give up.... Don’t ever give up....
    I hear you man. Hoping for a hail Mary at this point. Not even sad anymore, just kinda hilarious with all of this. From the friendly fire of the Zions camp which is one of the factors of NO ONE in FA wanting to come here, to Griffin saying we are "Sleeping Giant" LMAOOOOOOO.

I truly love being a Pelicans fan, like no sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I hear you man. Hoping for a hail Mary at this point. Not even sad anymore, just kinda hilarious with all of this. From the friendly fire of the Zions camp which is one of the factors of NO ONE in FA wanting to come here, to Griffin saying we are "Sleeping Giant" LMAOOOOOOO.

I truly love being a Pelicans fan, like no sarcasm
    This is exactly how I feel. I am generally more pessimistic. I'm guessing we have a couple minor moves left. I'm now trying to decide is it better for us to have a great season and leap frog Spurs, Blazers, Clippers and somehow get in that 6th - 7th seed range. Or have a terrible season and pick up another top 6-7 pick...

This is exactly how I feel. I am generally more pessimistic. I'm guessing we have a couple minor moves left. I'm now trying to decide is it better for us to have a great season and leap frog Spurs, Blazers, Clippers and somehow get in that 6th - 7th seed range. Or have a terrible season and pick up another top 6-7 pick...
    My opinion: the former is way more important than the latter. If we end up in the latter, you can blow it all up, because Zion is all but out. Make the playoffs, show progress, maybe you can start to attract a free agent or two. We have to start winning. Winning changes a teams outlook completely. Look no further than the Suns and Hawks.

If we picking top 7 next year then Zion gone fam. I been accepted that as well. Still will be a Pelicans though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It?s almost as if what JJ Reddick, Kendrick Perkins, and others have said about him is true.
    Nah JJ was just being a **********. Signed a 2 year deal, then played the worst basketball of his career, and then blame the GM that the team he wanted to get traded to did not value him enough.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Whether or not the Pelicans make the playoffs next year it seems very unlikely that Zion would leave, like how much money would that cost him?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Whether or not the Pelicans make the playoffs next year it seems very unlikely that Zion would leave, like how much money would that cost him?
    I'm not trying to be condescending when I say this, but it's time for Pelicans fans to start being alittle more realistic.

Thread Information