Pelicans Report

Page 102 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Very few names I'd be interested in at this point. Obviously a couple, but really not many. At this point seems like it's trades or nothing; most likely nothing.
    I hope not nothing. I think they have something up their sleeve to use some of the space they have. Still thinking it could be someone like Buddy or Bojan with Ingles or Barnes being longer shots.

Tbh I really don't see how Sacramento hasn't made any moves yet. Either we're working on something with them or they're just dumb. They ain't getting nowhere with virtually the same roster.

Overall this is just not a good luck for the organization. With that in mind I think they will have to think outside of the box some. I wonder what a lineup of Zion, BI, John Collins, NAW and Devonte look like. I know there is not a true center there put you have length with John and physicality with Zion. I think I am just as desperate as everyone else to fill the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I really want Vanderbilt. That man is straight Defense. And gives you a solid defensive backup to Zion. Then find a way to bring in a bench scorer. Do that and we make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed then we can build from there. Pending on the growth from our rookies and sophomores on the roster.
    Vanderbilt and resign josh hart

You're crazy. They are not going after Collins who is looking for the max.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    Overall this is just not a good luck for the organization. With that in mind I think they will have to think outside of the box some. I wonder what a lineup of Zion, BI, John Collins, NAW and Devonte look like. I know there is not a true center there put you have length with John and physicality with Zion. I think I am just as desperate as everyone else to fill the roster.
    No way for Collins. We have contracts we need to renew soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    Do we have enough space to give Collins a max? Would they match a 4/ 120 max ? Probably..

No way for Collins. We have contracts we need to renew soon.
    Actually... This is the time to fit another FA Max before those are due.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Do we have enough space to give Collins a max? Would they match a 4/ 120 max ? Probably..
    Of course they match lol

Who else are you spending it on? No one is coming in FA. We have the cap to do it. Move pieces later. This sitting back and waiting with draft picks doesn't work. See the Celtics.

Even if we tried, he wouldn't accept our offer sheet. No one wants to come here at this present time.

Also we wouldn't be able to offer him the same amount Atlanta can.

Even if we tried, he wouldn't accept our offer sheet. No one wants to come here at this present time.
    He would if he wants a max and the respect for which he thinks he deserves. The front office will have to do something like this or they will just absorb bad contracts to make it look like a successful free agency.

Pels Off season thread

The Bulls sent the Spurs a 2025 first. I am almost curious if this is because it is part of a larger deal. Someone will have to let me know if this is legal or possible, but it would be essentially making the Demar and Lonzo deals a three team deal with the Spurs signing Lauri.

Spurs receive: Lauri, 2025 first, maybe Sato
    Bulls receive: Ball, Derozan
    Pels receive: Derrick White, Temple

This seems to make sense to me and I can see the Spurs wanting to move on from one of Murray or White. They just drafted Primo, and Lonnie Walker is due a contract very soon. White is a young vet who has what Griff and Langdon have been saying they want: basketball IQ and defensive presence. He is not an incredibly great shooter from three, however he did shoot 85% from the line this past year and the year prior.

If that deal is not expanded in that way, I could also see the Memphis deal expanded to include the Lowry sign and trade with Toronto and Miami. In that case, we would send Toronto future seconds and maybe Gabriel/Iwundu. As a result Toronto would send us Precious and Dragic.
    Last edited by iNolaNightmare; 08-03-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Going into the season with only 3 real bigs again... just Zion, Jax, and JV. Yikes. Who could we trade for that's not Lauri?
    I?d happily welcome Millsap and Hartenstein

I didn't mean to suggest we could cruise and I don't think we are. I think we are doing some major course correction. We have a solid upgrade at Center and NAW over Bledsoe can pay huge dividends. Our starting lineup will be 60% changed. Our new coach seems to be better placed at reaching and utilizing our young core and to make the game fun for them again. I just think going from where we were at to playoffs (not just the play ins ) is a realistic goal and my dreams of landing 1-2 big agents was too much pie in the sky. This only works if this is the first step though. But it would make sense - players talk about having fun this year , hungry young players get time and see improvement, we make the playoffs - that would all add to not only Zion wanting to be here but increase our ability to attract good hungry young players. If we do playoffs next year , then improve again and wither make or at least threaten to make finals then the news will be all about how much we have changed and we could become a target location in as much the Suns or Bucks became.

I wish we could be able to tell before the season starts if NAW could become a player like Jaylen Brown or like his cousin Gilgeous-Alexander this season. I think Griffin is carefully trying to add another piece so we won?t have to rely on young players potential in the backcourt. But the unknown is killing us fans. No one seen the JV trade coming

I am pondering if you would call this an aggressive free agency. They did make a decision on Alonzo quickly, and they did make a trade later, and they did make the Memphis trade. But it is essentially dead otherwise. You have to ask if this team is appreciably better?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I am pondering if you would call this an aggressive free agency. They did make a decision on Alonzo quickly, and they did make a trade later, and they did make the Memphis trade. But it is essentially dead otherwise. You have to ask if this team is appreciably better?
    I still think it’s too early to call....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    I wish we could be able to tell before the season starts if NAW could become a player like Jaylen Brown or like his cousin Gilgeous-Alexander this season. I think Griffin is carefully trying to add another piece so we won?t have to rely on young players potential in the backcourt. But the unknown is killing us fans. No one seen the JV trade coming
    I very much doubt NAW makes the leap from fringe starter to all-star this season, which is what it would take for him to be like his cousin. His cousin was very arguably a top 20 player in the NBA last year.

I do, however, think he'll be a very fine rotation player who could even start without it being a huge problem.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The only thing I can think of with Hardaway is he's already gotten a big pay day, so maybe the difference between 140 mil career earnings and 158 mil career earning wasnt a big enough difference to uproot his family. A lot of times these things are bigger than basketball. But still not a great look for Griff an co
    It was a 4 yr 88 million deal. Probably fully GTD. Something isn't right.

I'm okay he didn't sign, but that's obscene. I've never seen an athlete turned down a $15 million dollar pay raise.

Texas doesn't have state income tax, so the amount Hardaway will earn in salary playing in Dallas is about the same as he would have in New Orleans. He did not leave a bunch of money on the table, despite our offer being higher.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 08-03-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...yJjsQ&usqp=CAU

“First of All, I’m an A**hole.”

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    The Bulls sent the Spurs a 2025 first. I am almost curious if this is because it is part of a larger deal. Someone will have to let me know if this is legal or possible, but it would be essentially making the Demar and Lonzo deals a three team deal with the Spurs signing Lauri.

Spurs receive: Lauri, 2025 first, maybe Sato
    Bulls receive: Ball, Derozan
    Pels receive: Derrick White, Temple

This seems to make sense to me and I can see the Spurs wanting to move on from one of Murray or White. They just drafted Primo, and Lonnie Walker is due a contract very soon. White is a young vet who has what Griff and Langdon have been saying they want: basketball IQ and defensive presence. He is not an incredibly great shooter from three, however he did shoot 85% from the line this past year and the year prior.

If that deal is not expanded in that way, I could also see the Memphis deal expanded to include the Lowry sign and trade with Toronto and Miami. In that case, we would send Toronto future seconds and maybe Gabriel/Iwundu. As a result Toronto would send us Precious and Dragic.
    Is this an actual trade or just a hypothetical?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Is this an actual trade or just a hypothetical?
    IF this is the actual trade it is worse than before. Isn't Sato better than White?

Has Forbes been signed yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information