Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 157 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Hey, Ram. You need to clear out your PM box. I can't send you any messages, because you have reached your quota.
    thanks! I just realized that and its clear now... thanks again
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

from the various names Griffin is looking at per MM this guy is not among them, however I very much feel like his is at least worth looking into.... and that would be John Collins...

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    from the various names Griffin is looking at per MM this guy is not among them, however I very much feel like his is at least worth looking into.... and that would be John Collins...
    Everybody is "worth looking into"

But Collins turned down nearly 25M per year. To get him, you gotta throw a max at him or give Atlanta an asset to sign and trade him to you at around 25 mil per. Still interested?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Jalen Rose mentioned him the other day. I disagree. He's not strong enough to defend inside. I still think one of the two Indiana bigs should be looked at. But if Sabonis, I'd wait until maybe things fall apart in Indiana and they have a fire sale.

I truly hope Griff does not succumb to this media noise and continue to build strategically and not rush into bad deals.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Everybody is "worth looking into"

But Collins turned down nearly 25M per year. To get him, you gotta throw a max at him or give Atlanta an asset to sign and trade him to you at around 25 mil per. Still interested?
    look, you are extremely knowledgeable, but you know as well as I do that not "everybody" is worth looking into.... and you might talk me out of being interested, but someone will do what they have to do so he plays for them....

I disagree. I think you look into everyone. I would consider him but only at certain costs - both acquisition wise and salary wise. And he has already let it be known what he wants. He wouldnt sign less than a max extension and Atlanta isnt going to let him walk for nothing. So you gotta give up assets AND give him a bag. Id rather give up more assets for a much better player in Sabonis and pay him way less. Or....go get Siakam for less assets and similar salary

Its not that Collins is bad..its that when i consider all thr options, there are numerous better ones to me

To clarify, I have asked 3 FO guys about the process. Step 1 is always considering nearly everyone. Far more than you think. When the season ends, they dont have 5 guys on their white board, they have closer to 100. John Collins would undoubtedly be on that list for me and I am sure he is for Griff

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I truly hope Griff does not succumb to this media noise and continue to build strategically and not rush into bad deals.

I truly hope Griff does not succumb to this media noise and START to build strategically and not continue rushing into bad deals

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They approach it more like the NFL draft then. Basically constructing a big board of targets. Makes sense.

Ouch... Ben Simmons probably should not renew his Apt lease

I couldnt imagine Griff adding another 19 yr old high volume scorer to the roster. Cade makes sense. He's the only guy in the top 20 I think we might take. If we get 1, its Cade or a monster trade. Any other pick, it is for sure getting traded
    Dude, you are crushing my offseason dreams more and more, with each posts. If we trade out of the top 4, for someone outside of D Mitchell, Dame or Luka, I will be so disappointed. Griff is gonna panic and blow this thing, that's what you're hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Dude, you are crushing my offseason dreams more and more, with each posts. If we trade out of the top 4, for someone outside of D Mitchell, Dame or Luka, I will be so disappointed. Griff is gonna panic and blow this thing, that's what you're hinting at.
    Hinting? I have been saying that exact same thing for like 4 months now. Told you guys to not even bother researching lotto picks in Daes draft thread at least 4 or 5 times. Griff aint using the pick on a rookie. Never was

Hinting? I have been saying that exact same thing for like 4 months now. Told you guys to not even bother researching lotto picks in Daes draft thread at least 4 or 5 times. Griff aint using the pick on a rookie. Never was
    But if we get 1st pick?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    But if we get 1st pick?
    He’s mentioned a few times that the only player we’d keep is Cade.

It’s Prime Day. Hopefully Griff. Finds us gems.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Unfortunately, I can see Griff panicking and overpaying for decent player or bad fits. It appears to be rather desperate times for him.

I think Shaq would be a good coach.The man speaks the truth

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...he-locker-room

Imagine what he would have done to Bledsoe
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-21-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Griffin is working under a timetable here. I don?t call it panicking anymore do I call the situation what it is: Because of a few gambled blunders, he now has to thread the needle.

I think this is split between 2 sides...people who for whatever reason falling for the Disney dream of building a ?I started from the bottom with these guys? dinosaur that is batting .100 in the minors right now in NBA Tournament Edition basketball...

And those that have swallowed the pill and realize we have Zion Williamson right now.

I just hope everybody wakes up before it?s too late.

I would call it becoming aggressive. Instead of letting a deal come to you or putting out feelers and being patient, Griff is going to approach the offseason more like GMs do at the trade deadline, where there is a deadline to get a deal done or you cant make one any more. And for Griff, that deadline is by Draft Night. I would be surprised if he doesnt have a deal done for a starter on or before that night. Just a matter of how good that starter is.

Article from the athletic this morning is speculating that the pacers will move on from Myles Turner this offseason, though I think that has been the speculation for several years. Some pacers fans seem to want to keep him over Sabonis due to defense and versatility. Curious what it would take to get Turner and Brogdan from them and if it would be worth it.

Griff has been offered Turner several times. For nothing. Turned it down every time. Dont know why that would change now

I would call it becoming aggressive. Instead of letting a deal come to you or putting out feelers and being patient, Griff is going to approach the offseason more like GMs do at the trade deadline, where there is a deadline to get a deal done or you cant make one any more. And for Griff, that deadline is by Draft Night. I would be surprised if he doesnt have a deal done for a starter on or before that night. Just a matter of how good that starter is.
    Why draft night? To maximize the value of the pick (Before it?s driven off the lot cliche?)

Which is why Im having trouble why maximizing Zions value seems like an afterthought to so many.

I do get the patience strategy. I mean logically it is the way to go in all cases...but sometimes certain things in the equation give you a larger tolerance to be risky. Zion Williamson on a rookie scale contract is that in my opinion.

Instead of people complaining about his flaws - what I believe should be the best strategy to maximize him as an asset is have 2 genuine max players already to take advantage of his value while he?s not making that salary - which also hides his flaws and keeps the patience of fans intact who?s expectations don?t meet his current cost.

Griff has been offered Turner several times. For nothing. Turned it down every time. Dont know why that would change now
    For nothing? Why would he turn that down and instead give up what he did for Adams and basically extend him at the same cost?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    For nothing? Why would he turn that down and instead give up what he did for Adams and basically extend him at the same cost?
    I have no answers. Its mind blowing to me. Outside of Griff liking the "intangibles" Adams brings. Thought toughness was more important than what Turner brings. I would have opted for neither, but considering cost, if I had to choose one I would have definitely gone Turner, if only it was to trade him a year or two later

I have no answers. Its mind blowing to me. Outside of Griff liking the "intangibles" Adams brings. Thought toughness was more important than what Turner brings. I would have opted for neither, but considering cost, if I had to choose one I would have definitely gone Turner, if only it was to trade him a year or two later
    Doesn't give me a lot of optimism that he will suddenly make a trade that maximizes our assets.

Thread Information