Pelicans Report

Page 146 of 157 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I'm at a loss for words. What a deal

Shamit's take-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Huh. If there's a valid complaint, I’m all ears. Because I can find no flaw with this contract.

Just an incredible contract for the Pels. Obviously they didn't find the trade they wanted this summer and are playing the long game with Hart and Sato. I'm totally here for it. Now develop your young guys

That's why the overpay is so apparent. You got overpay someone to get that contract done like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Huh. If there's a valid complaint, I?m all ears. Because I can find no flaw with this contract.
    Totally Agree!!

To the Amateur GM's from this forum squawking about the "overpay"; you have been schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Totally Agree!!

To the Amateur GM's from this forum squawking about the "overpay"; you have been schooled.
    To be fair to amateur GMs everywhere, I can't believe Hart would sign off on a contract like this. Other than being able to point to it next season and say "look I made 12.6 mil last season and thats what I expect from now on," it really makes no sense at all.

If he shoots 45% from 3 next season, he doesn't even have a PO until year 3. So in the 2022 season he'll either be underpaid on this contract or have to accept a lesser contract elsewhere

I don't understand why Y3 has to match Y2?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Just an incredible contract for the Pels. Obviously they didn't find the trade they wanted this summer and are playing the long game with Hart and Sato. I'm totally here for it. Now develop your young guys
    Basically this. Yeah it's an overpay in absolute terms, but we all knew that - the question was guarantees and options, and we've basically got a bunch of flexibility here. The only thing that could make it better is if it was a TO instead of a PO, but at that point you're getting greedy. Really solid deal that gives a lot of options for trading.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Basically this. Yeah it's an overpay in absolute terms, but we all knew that - the question was guarantees and options, and we've basically got a bunch of flexibility here. The only thing that could make it better is if it was a TO instead of a PO, but at that point you're getting greedy. Really solid deal that gives a lot of options for trading.
    It effectively is a team option (or more of a mutual option). If Hart chooses to exercise his team option by June 24, the Pelicans have until June 25 to guarantee the contract or can waive him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It effectively is a team option (or more of a mutual option). If Hart chooses to exercise his team option by June 24, the Pelicans have until June 25 to guarantee the contract or can waive him for nothing.
    Yeah it's one of those things where it's functionally a TO, but I'm talking in terms of ticking boxes on the list. Makes no difference, so as I say, at that point you're just getting greedy for ticking boxes, the result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah it's one of those things where it's functionally a TO, but I'm talking in terms of ticking boxes on the list. Makes no difference, so as I say, at that point you're just getting greedy for ticking boxes, the result is the same.
    When you look at the current Pelicans salary structure, Griffin must be planning to go "all-in" in 23-24 (Zion's 1st year on extension). We have 10 players with either non-guaranteed contracts or team options that year. Only Ingram and Graham have guarantees that season ($46 million total).

It may be an unfortunate reality that to get that third major piece that will have us competing for a chip, we may need to significantly overpay a FA to get them to come to New Orleans, no? I see Beal and LaVine as maybe the only two FA needle-movers the next two years on crappy teams that might consider taking a payday over chasing a chip with an existing uber-team...?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    It may be an unfortunate reality that to get that third major piece that will have us competing for a chip, we may need to significantly overpay a FA to get them to come to New Orleans, no? I see Beal and LaVine as maybe the only two FA needle-movers the next two years on crappy teams that might consider taking a payday over chasing a chip with an existing uber-team...?
    Lavine ain't leaving Chicago. Beal is a weird dude. He gets his team to start up a bunch of drama but never request a trade.

I think Beal just like trolling on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Totally Agree!!

This board is in class getting schooled regularly (like all the fuss when they thought we didn't get full value back with the Memphis trade before it was announced Iwundu was involved)......the lessons just aren't taking.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This board is in class getting schooled regularly (like all the fuss when they thought we didn't get full value back with the Memphis trade before it was announced Iwundu was involved)......the lessons just aren't taking.
    I think any move they can gripe about is maybe the Graham trade,but Griff was desperate for a shooter. So, he wasn't interested in calling their bluff.

There is a real debbie downer argument that we wasted 3 off season making terrible mistakes and course correcting with extreme cost to fix those mistakes. A total of 4 FFP. Frustration between you're management and generational player. Plethora of drama.

But I rather try to start a new page going forward. We are prime position to scoop up another piece at the deadline. Winning cures all. Griffin in a pressure cooker gets stuff done.

yea like I said earlier, always wait for contract details. Hart is an asset on this contract and all of a sudden the maintaining flexibility goal of the offseason makes sense and the draft picks moved dont actually look too bad.

I think we should have just done what memphis did with bledsoe. Maybe just JV for Adams plus pick swap. But the offseason as a whole is a lot more defensible now even if it's not exactly satisfactory.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 08-19-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Jesus Christ the horrible takes just keep coming and never stop.

Griff mad, he out here saying f-- em all this year. New Orleans bout to do big thangs. Lol. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Griff mad, he out here saying f-- em all this year. New Orleans bout to do big thangs. Lol. I love it.
    Lmao link?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jesus Christ the horrible takes just keep coming and never stop.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    ???
    I think he is saying that people are being petty complaining about the moves made this far. We didn?t make any overpay Asik like moves and that?s for sure. I think Griffin has done a much better job than Demps at building a team with a bright future. I think many are over valuing the first round pick we gave up. Maybe it?s shellshock from what Demps did with our Rockets picks that actually had good value.

Grffin has done a great job of bringing in staff such as one of the top trainers( which we need with Zion and Ingram.. and Pels history) and a great line of assistant coaches. The scouting department also seems to be top notch since our first round picks are still on the roster and expected to either start or come off the bench. We finally have a solid undrafted player to round things out.

The future is bright. Our team is even better by the way we drafted Murphy and signed Hart. Now Hart is asked to do less and his efficiency should drastically improve. Not to mention he is great trade bait as long as he produces much more in the reduced minutes.

Graham is consistent at the guard position, which is what we needed most. Forget the days of never knowing what you were going to get out of your PG because they could score 20 plus in one night with a high shooting percentage or turn around and shoot 3/13 but provide excellent defense with 2 turnovers to negate it. Oh and with our rebounding now, we can afford to take more threes with more confidence.

So many little things being under looked but it all comes down to the W?s. If we don?t, when then we have a chest full of assets to unload to get us to that level. The main piece is Zion. We need him to be who we think he can be. The rest will fall into place nice the way things are set up. The FO won?t tell him that but it?s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Technically, they still did not get full value from the trade as they could have added a player worth more than the TPE created, but at least they got a big TPE. So, whoever made that comment was still technically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Technically, they still did not get full value from the trade as they could have added a player worth more than the TPE created, but at least they got a big TPE. So, whoever made that comment was still technically correct.
    We really gonna bet against Hornets to not match a lowly 12 million per year contract for a good shooter. They probably do it out of spite than trade him at the deadline.

Thread Information