Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yeah I didn't say any of that. I simply said this team being able to sign him wouldn't be just some "meh" insignificant move. I'm not assessing it related to the Pelicans entire off-season.

They obviously aren't going to just bring in ONE new player to the roster.
    Sure, and what I'm saying is that it is an insignificant move unless it's part of a larger roster reconstruction. Which isn't necessarily a disagreement to your point, I guess, but just an extension of it.

That is to you, you pointed out that for a team like us, you wouldn't consider get McDermott ''a cherry-on-top fringe move''. What I'm saying is that it has to be a cherry-on-top move, because if it's not a fringe move, it's a major move, and getting McDermott as one of our biggest (or even the biggest) move of the offeseason is a failure. We need an off-season of such impact that, were we to also acquire McDermott, it would be like the 4th most important thing we do. If the acquisition of your 7th man is more than a fringe move, you have a real issue.
    Basketball.

For those of you that also follow the Saints, Atlanta just traded Julio Jones to the Titans for a second and fourth Draft Pick.

Back to Pelicans Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    New Orleans Pelicans

Here's a scenario that makes sense for both sides. Whatever the Pelicans did this year, it wasn't enough. Every move for the next four to six years needs to be a win-now move to reinforce to Zion Williamson that they are serious about competing. Shaking it up by trading for an established player like McCollum would be very much in that category. McCollum next to Brandon Ingram with Williamson lurking is an elite offense. although it does not address the defensive problems that plagued the team this year. But Steven Adams did not help very much in that regard, either, and his contract matches perfectly with McCollum's as a 1-to-1 trade. Adams is a perfect pick-and-roll partner for Lillard, an improved version of Jusuf Nurkic (who is a free agent this summer). Portland gets a defensive-minded center to start rebuilding the defense and the Pelicans get another perimeter scorer while opening up more minutes for Williamson to play at the five........Liam McKeone

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/bla...--01f7ehhzh3mw
    Wow, is Adams seen as an upgrade to Nurkic? That surprises me.

Atleast we aren't the farm team being vultured for a Superstar trade.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    All I know is I got in the draft Moody. Then Gafford and Beal at the deadline in NBA 2K21. And my options at the end of games are considerable. Even with Donavon Mitchell turning into Jordan and nonstop dunking on me.

Oh. And Lonzo wound up back in Los Angeles because I wouldn?t match/had it the CPU set to ?off.? And skipped it.

Kira won most improved over Darius Garland. Had a 13ppg 6asg season. Forgot what his 3pt% was. But it was good enough to have a 3 next to his name.

We are woefully thin at point guard. Naji, Moody, and Beal have to split time bringing the ball up mostly.

Pretty sure we already knew this though. Team is going to look completely different next season.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 06-11-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

Pretty sure we already knew this though. Team is going to look completely different next season.
    Not sure if I buy it or not. Although with Naji's breakout, Hart has lost some leverage with Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not sure if I buy it or not. Although with Naji's breakout, Hart has lost some leverage with Pelicans.
    Agreed!! I think it's more likely that he's gone rather than Lonzo. I only hope it's to a team that doesn't have room under the salary cap and we can work out a sign and trade for a Pelican fit.

LOL on March 5 th

Same writer from Cleveland had one line from last season lead to dozens of BI articles. One a day for months.

I think some of you guys would be surprised by Hart's work ethic off the court. Guy goes all out on the court, I will admit that. But he isnt exactly a die hard in practices, weight room, etc. Wine, food, and video games are his passions. Playing basketball is how he pays for his passions. FO is dying to keep him, but isnt gonna just let him walk for nothing either
    @mcnamara247

Interesting

Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think some of you guys would be surprised by Hart's work ethic off the court. Guy goes all out on the court, I will admit that. But he isnt exactly a die hard in practices, weight room, etc. Wine, food, and video games are his passions. Playing basketball is how he pays for his passions. FO is dying to keep him, but isnt gonna just let him walk for nothing either
    Yeah i know he is an avid Fortnite player. Same as Juju from the Steelers in NFL. Doesn?t matter to me as a fan because you could never tell by their effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s odd. He’s in pretty good shape too. Is he one of those bare minimum and stays uncommonly healthy and fit types?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It?s odd. He?s in pretty good shape too. Is he one of those bare minimum and stays uncommonly healthy and fit types?
    It's not odd. It's only odd if you believe things other random people say.

NBA players, believe it or not, have plenty of time to play fortnight, be a wine connoisseur , AND work on their basketball game plus stay in great shape.

There were lots of Josh Hart workout videos floating on the internet last off season. It's not surprising or odd.

another available coach

Lost in today’s news

Is anyone on the Knicks worth getting or would it be worth taking some of their future picks and betting on the Knicks sucking very soon?

Is anyone on the Knicks worth getting or would it be worth taking some of their future picks and betting on the Knicks sucking very soon?
    Knicks have the space to sign him straight up. Doubt we have the leverage to ask for picks unless NYK is able to sign him for a cheap deal. I?d take happily take the TPE and some 2nds tbh.

Kinda hoping the Stan firing isn?t just an excuse to run it back. This team needs new blood.

Knicks may not need to give up anything. I think they have the money

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Knicks may not need to give up anything. I think they have the money
    And I will laugh happily if they pay him anything above 20M.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    That dude has gotten a lot of tread off of Dirk and Luka.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That dude has gotten a lot of tread off of Dirk and Luka.
    The Head coach could be parting ways to in Dallas

Thread Information