Pelicans Report

Page 101 of 157 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't care, don't want him.

The only thing worse than us doing absolutely nothing would be to overpay for a long term contract on a mediocre player. Giving Dinwiddie $20m+ for 3+ years would be a horrible move imo. Same with Schroder, or any other mid-grade guard.
    Yeah same. He had his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    I'm just hoping that we seem to be building right atm. If things settle down, we make the playoffs, Green is truly a realtable player's coach and people have fun here we can change the culture and reputation. This wasn't an all-in season by any means. BI and Ingram are 23/21 not 33/31. We still have 3-5 years before they start to reach their peak. If we right the ship now we can be a destination and clear our reputation by then..
    Unfortunately (well, fortunately, but with the following downsides), Zion and BI are very good. So they don't care that they're 23 and 21, they want to start winning. Booker made the finals last season, he's 24: you think BI or Zion are looking at that saying ''yeah we can wait, we're only young''?

The reason a rebuild usually gives you time is that you draft some players and they're usually not that great for a few years, or they are good but super limited in impact, so you have a few years before you really need to start winning.

That is not us. Zion's up for his rookie extension this year. You want him to sign that. He is good enough to start winning now. Sadly, we don't have 3 or 4 years to hang around and try and build a reputation while we wait for Zion to reach what will be on paper his absolute peak.

Now, personally, I think the team we have is probably good enough - assuming reasonable growth from our young guys - to be a playoff team this upcoming year. Zion is good, BI is good, Graham is good, Valanciunas is really good, etc etc. But the idea that we can just cruise and wait for things to come to us is not accurate imo.
    Basketball.

Don't care, don't want him.

The only thing worse than us doing absolutely nothing would be to overpay for a long term contract on a mediocre player. Giving Dinwiddie $20m+ for 3+ years would be a horrible move imo. Same with Schroder, or any other mid-grade guard.
    As long as Shroder is out there, I am worried. I do not want him anywhere near this team.

ATL really trying to get out of giving John Collins a max.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    ATL really trying to get out of giving John Collins a max.
    Apparently they offered him 5yrs/$125m and he was like ... dude... the max.

It's a real stalemate over there right now.

Lakers right now:

Oprah Winfrey

Did they get Monk for the vet min? His off the court issues must be reallllllll bad

I mean when you start the offseason with just 4 players under contract, you're going to have to go sign a bunch of players.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I mean when you start the offseason with just 4 players under contract, you're going to have to go sign a bunch of players.
    Nice to get them all to come for huge discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Nice to get them all to come for huge discounts.
    Miss out on initial ~12 hour frenzy of big contracts of free agency, then go to big market team that's expected to compete late into the playoffs, get more playing time due to massive roster turnover and a bunch of roles up for grabs, make yourself more valuable and get a big contract next offseason.

That along with 35+ year old ring chasers that aren't going to get big contracts anymore anyway. Carmelo was out of the league a couple years ago before Portland brought him in. Curious how he's going to accept his role with the Lakers when they inevitably bench him for significant time.

Drummond, Harrell, Schroder, etc. Often times the signings are overrated, in particular since it's the Lakers.

Apparently they offered him 5yrs/$125m and he was like ... dude... the max.

It's a real stalemate over there right now.
    Won't even give him the FA Max. Shame. RFA struggles.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    As long as Shroder is out there, I am worried. I do not want him anywhere near this team.
    I swear to god, if we give Blonde Ambition Tour a contract I may sit out the season.

So far this offseason feels like the addition by subtraction offseason. I think Griff is doing okay not to overreact to anything so far with huge deals, although he may be getting a bit too loose with the FRPs.

Because we don't really have a choice, I'll support Griff for now. Still, I think the massive hole he has had to climb out of because of his "toughen up these young kids" plan from last offseason has proved to me he was simply the wrong hire at that time. It doesn't mean he can't turn things around and learn from his mistakes, but I don't fault anyone who is skeptical of every move he makes right now. He has not earned anything close to the benefit of the doubt yet.

Dennis really taking an L for not taking that 4/80

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dennis really taking an L for not taking that 4/80
    He may have to sign a 1 year deal somewhere like OKC.

He may have to sign a 1 year deal somewhere like OKC.
    Lol again?? Nah he ain't going back.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    So far this offseason feels like the addition by subtraction offseason. I think Griff is doing okay not to overreact to anything so far with huge deals, although he may be getting a bit too loose with the FRPs.

Because we don't really have a choice, I'll support Griff for now. Still, I think the massive hole he has had to climb out of because of his "toughen up these young kids" plan from last offseason has proved to me he was simply the wrong hire at that time. It doesn't mean he can't turn things around and learn from his mistakes, but I don't fault anyone who is skeptical of every move he makes right now. He has not earned anything close to the benefit of the doubt yet.
    Hence why I'm not critical on the lack of moves. If players don't want to come here, you really can't blame him. He's for sure trying. However we can be critical of his trades. His trades have been sub par besides from the JV trade. But that was to undo his mistake. So I'm waiting to see what other trades we make before the 6th or during mid season. Cause we aren't going mid way through the season with this roster for sure

For those interested there are some summer league games tonight. Grizzlies vs Jazz playing now. I can't watch so dont know if Zaire Williams playing.

I will be watching Warriors (Kuminga/Moody) vs Kings (Davion Mitchell) later. If they play.

**Zaire Williams probably cant play since that deal isn't official yet. Dumb NBA.
    Last edited by luckyman; 08-03-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Top free agents remaining according to Bobby Marks' new article: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...icted-salaries

PGS:
    - Spencer Dinwiddie
    - Dennis Schroeder
    - Reggie Jackson
    - Frank Ntilikina
    - Elfrid Payton

SGs:
    - Danny Green
    - Hamidou Diallo
    - Lou Williams
    - Victor Oladipo
    - JJ Redick

SFs:
    - Kawhi Leonard
    - Josh Hart
    - Kelly Oubre Jr
    - Svi Mikhailyuk
    - Terence Davis

PFs:
    - John Collins
    - Lauri Markkanen
    - Paul Millsap
    - Jarred Vanderbilt
    - Trey Lyles

C:
    - Enes Kanter
    - Khem Birch
    - Demarcus Cousins
    - Tony Bradley
    - Isaiah Hartenstein

Very few names I'd be interested in at this point. Obviously a couple, but really not many. At this point seems like it's trades or nothing; most likely nothing.

Just find a way to land ingles or Barnes and I’ll consider this off-season a success

Still a really good move to trade their pick.

Top free agents remaining according to Bobby Marks' new article: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...icted-salaries

PGS:
    - Spencer Dinwiddie
    - Dennis Schroeder
    - Reggie Jackson
    - Frank Ntilikina
    - Elfrid Payton

SGs:
    - Danny Green
    - Hamidou Diallo
    - Lou Williams
    - Victor Oladipo
    - JJ Redick

SFs:
    - Kawhi Leonard
    - Josh Hart
    - Kelly Oubre Jr
    - Svi Mikhailyuk
    - Terence Davis

PFs:
    - John Collins
    - Lauri Markkanen
    - Paul Millsap
    - Jarred Vanderbilt
    - Trey Lyles

C:
    - Enes Kanter
    - Khem Birch
    - Demarcus Cousins
    - Tony Bradley
    - Isaiah Hartenstein

Very few names I'd be interested in at this point. Obviously a couple, but really not many. At this point seems like it's trades or nothing; most likely nothing.
    Going into the season with only 3 real bigs again... just Zion, Jax, and JV. Yikes. Who could we trade for that's not Lauri?

I really want Vanderbilt. That man is straight Defense. And gives you a solid defensive backup to Zion. Then find a way to bring in a bench scorer. Do that and we make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed then we can build from there. Pending on the growth from our rookies and sophomores on the roster.

Thread Information