Pelicans Report

Page 154 of 157 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Explains why he wasn't at the informal training camps

These also confirm my suspicions that there are some weasels in both camps (Griff and Zion’s) that are blowing things out of proportion. I do think there is some tension, but not to the degree it’s being paraded about.

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I?d wager he is content, but it?s probably time we stopped playing with fire and build a winning culture. The roster is intriguing as is the coaching hire. Can?t keep throwing seasons away though.
    I agree. Need the postseason this year

What players say in front of cameras should always be taken with a grain of salt.

But it was interesting to me when Zion said "I'm glad somebody asked ME that." "Nobody actually asked ME that before"

...when asked about how he feels playing in New Orleans.

Seems fed up with all the rumors about how he feels without anyone asking him how he feels.

Mighty funny the rumorville circus, especially Christian Clark, had no idea about the foot either. Among other follies.

But media is trying their hardest to spin even this news as negative as they can.
    Last edited by luckyman; 09-27-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What players say in front of cameras should always be taken with a grain of salt.

But it was interesting to me when Zion said "I'm glad somebody asked ME that." "Nobody actually asked ME that before." When asked about how he feels playing in New Orleans. Seems fed up with all the rumors about how he feels without anyone asking him how he feels.

Mighty funny the rumorville circus had no idea about the foot. Among other follies.
    I agree. And knowing he has an injury completely changes the way people should look at him missing out on voluntary workouts. If I'm in contact with the team's trainer directly recovering from an injury, I'm not flying to multiple different cities to do informal workouts in August either.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How’s an injury slip through all this information gathering? Is this like the real reason Zion was out of the bubble was a hammy and his family swore no one could know of it?

What information gathering?

It's rumor gathering which requires far less work.

Too bad we have a ton of chicken littles ready to eat all that garbage up.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Someone is lying.

Ok ok. Two hilarious movies playing in my head....

1) Griff doesn't know how to play the piano. So who makes that up? Someone sat around and made up a fake story about Griff serenading Zion with piano and Clark bought it and that has me rolling.

2) The plot twist. Years from now Griff is doing an interview and just randomly starts tickling the ivories and we all just drop our jaws because we got played.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

1) Griff doesn't know how to play the piano. So who makes that up? Someone sat around and made up a fake story about Griff serenading Zion with piano and Clark bought it and that has me rolling.

2) The plot twist. Years from now Griff is doing an interview and just randomly starts tickling the ivories and we all just drop our jaws because we got played.
    That's great lol

I?ve been out the loop for the last month, did/is Zion hurt???

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I?ve been out the loop for the last month, did/is Zion hurt???
    Broke a bone in his foot in the offseason while working out, and we all just found out. He said he'll be ready for opening night but what kind of shape will/could he be in?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Actually, Zion said Griifin did have some kind of electronic keyboard and that he was trying to learn how to play. If you’ve ever been around someone trying to learn how to play a keyboard, not unusual for them to try out some piece they’re practicing…

I missed that quote. I just saw the one that was something like "I'm not going to let a grown man come to my hotel and play piano to me".

But my sig stands. If we ever do a PR Game Get Together some of y'all best be bringing the skillz.

I've been watching since the beginning in NOLA and Ingram is close to passing up David West and David Wesley as my all time favorite player.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1632790661141.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	6593

I've also been on this site as long as I have and haven't fogured out how to cleanly post a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Broke a bone in his foot in the offseason while working out, and we all just found out. He said he'll be ready for opening night but what kind of shape will/could he be in?
    While we don't really know how Zion broke his foot, we do know what shape he will be in.

BI is the true leader of the team

Five Straight Seasons....

17/18: Spartanburg High- Bruised Foot (sidelined for a month); fell on the floor during warmup during AAU ball, sprained his knee and missed a couple of months.

18/19: Duke - Grade 1 Knee Sprain missed three weeks (The Nike Shoe Incident)

19/20: NOLA - Deep Knee Bruise that sideline him in first Summer League Game; Meniscus Tear in Preseason against San Antonio that required Surgery - delayed debut until January.

20/21: NOLA - Shut down for remainder of season after incurring a fractured ring finger.

21/22: NOLA - Broken Foot (Surgery).....SO FAR

Are we starting to see a pattern yet?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Actually, Zion said Griifin did have some kind of electronic keyboard and that he was trying to learn how to play. If you?ve ever been around someone trying to learn how to play a keyboard, not unusual for them to try out some piece they?re practicing?
    No, Zion said he ?thinks? Grif might have brought a keyboard to try to learn how to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    While we don't really know how Zion broke his foot, we do know what shape he will be in.
    we do?

Really excited for BI.

This team is hungry for success, that bodes well for the future! We will be Fine , Zion will be Fine - let’s do this !

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    we do?
    Round?

Like this, but probably worse

I seriously hope it's photoshopped

Great article. Always read Jackson when he talks Pels

Thread Information