Pelicans Report

Page 97 of 157 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Most of the draft guys I trust really like Herb Jones and liked the Herb Jones pick at 35, specifically for what the Pelicans need. I've already gone over all of the reasons why it was important to take a 22 year old who is a jumper away from being a role player with the current state of the franchise
    I actually like Herb Jones. I think he was my 5 or 6th guy at the start of the 2nd round. It pretty easy to peg if he'll sink or swim. Just depends if that 3pt shot keeps developing. So, I think he is an easy bet. I just prefer to get Thor, or Butler 1st. Just trying to figure out which guy would be the best for our bench. A Big or guard that score was my area of concern for our bench if we promoted NAW and lose Jones at PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I actually like Herb Jones. I think he was my 5 or 6th guy at the start of the 2nd round. It pretty easy to peg if he'll sink or swim. Just depends if that 3pt shot keeps developing. So, I think he is an easy bet. I just prefer to get Thor, or Butler 1st. Just trying to figure out which guy would be the best for our bench. A Big or guard that score was my area of concern for our bench if we promoted NAW and lose Jones at PF.
    Yea that's fair. We just don't really have the resources for a project guy like Thor. I would've liked Butler but they're not sure he'll ever be able to play after his medicals came out

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This may sound ridiculous, but the news we got out of the Jones pick was that he was picked for name/local recognition for our new G League team in Birmingham with him being from Bama.

So, we throw away all our 2nd round picks in historically deep draft in my opinion for cash and our G league team hype player. I'm only salty about it, because I really liked this past year draft and the organization kind of punted it away for nonsense.

I get people will argue that 2nd round is a low quality pick, but I felt there was atleast 5 developmental guys that could of been impact players in a few years at bargain bin prices. Butler, Cooper, Thor, and couple of others.

Most of time... I don't care for 2nd round players, but this year was different.
    If thats how you took the Jones pick, that is on you. Kid could have went to University of Washington and they would have drafted him. Has nothing to do with selling freaking G League tickets
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    For argument purposes about not peaking at a young age just for the sake of argument, of course it can be argued to death that he?s only turning 24. Until he turns 25, 26, 27, and excuses can?t be made anymore. It?s better for the Bulls to use up cap on the strength of hoping he advances from being average. Watching Lonzo play for 4 seasons now as a former no. 2 overall pick, he?s not that guy period.
    Agreed. For all those saying to give Lonzo more time, consider this: Lonzo is ONE MONTH younger than BI. BI was the #2 overall pick in 2016, Lonzo the #2 overall pick in 2017. Based on his age and where he was drafted, why shouldn't we expect that Lonzo be playing at a level similar to BI? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If thats how you took the Jones pick, that is on you. Kid could have went to University of Washington and they would have drafted him. Has nothing to do with selling freaking G League tickets
    Then, where was you when everyone was asking about that weird tweet about Trey and Herb Jones before the draft...where it told us they we are looking into Trey and Herb Jones specifically for our Birmingham G League team before the draft.

Like I said earlier, the Bjelica move signifies that the Warriors would likely be out on Ingles, as they've already acquired Otto Porter, and have Kuminga and Moody coming in. The only way this would change, imo, is if they were able to get off Wiggins.

I think this is a very real possibility for the Pels

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I love this tweet cause it's like, ''Ingles is an incredible fit with the Warriors'' as if there's a single team Ingles wouldn't be an incredible fit on. He's one of those guys, put him on any team and he instantly provides them value.

Whether the Pels can pull off a deal for him or not, I'm a touch more sceptical, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I love this tweet cause it's like, ''Ingles is an incredible fit with the Warriors'' as if there's a single team Ingles wouldn't be an incredible fit on. He's one of those guys, put him on any team and he instantly provides them value.

Whether the Pels can pull off a deal for him or not, I'm a touch more sceptical, but we'll see.
    I would first like to see evidence that our front office is even interested in Ingles before I allowed myself to think of the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I would first like to see evidence that our front office is even interested in Ingles before I allowed myself to think of the possibility.
    I think every front office is interested in Ingles if word is out that he's available.

I think every front office is interested in Ingles if word is out that he's available.
    Sure. I guess phrased better would be that we are aggressively inquiring about him.

Four years? This better be tiny money lmao

Really nice pickup for the Nets

To clarify (fix) something I said previously, since the Jazz used the tax payer MLE on Rudy Gay, they are hard capped at $136,606,000, meaning they cannot go over that number no matter what. Currently, the Jazz are at $149,857,717, if my math is correct. Therefore, they have to shed an additional $13,251,717, if my math is correct. So, it's not a question of if Bojan or Ingles will be available, but more a question of when.

If any of you guys are better with the cap and notice an error, please correct me

I think Derozan is holding up a lot of this

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Four years? This better be tiny money lmao
    Open space in the trophy case fam.

You know it is an interesting Pelican off-season when there is emphasis on re-signing a bench kid who needed the contract just to stay on the team he played for last season to come out as a late replacement.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Our big 3 just became a big 4.

That's a good pickup for them

LA really going in on hard on their ''this is our last season to really do this'' mode.

They've signed like 6 guys over the age of 33 to 1 year deals Just gunning for it all

Old just got older!!! Carmelo signs with the Lakers.

LA really going in on hard on their ''this is our last season to really do this'' mode.

They've signed like 6 guys over the age of 33 to 1 year deals Just gunning for it all
    I feel like they're going through their "red giant" phase right before they burnout and become a white dwarf...

Thread Information