Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 157 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Hall of Famer

Pelicans Pels Off season thread

with the pels on the way to being eliminated tonight vs the Mavs..whats next for Griffin to get this team into the playoffs next season. This will be griff biggest off season by far.

I honestly don’t think we make any big moves. I don’t think Beal, KAT, or Jeremi Grant is getting traded. If Larry Nance Jr. does it for you, he likely is an easy get (2, 2nd round picks including the Cavs pick or the Lakers 1st in 2022 if the Cavs take Bledsoe as well). He doesn’t move the needle for me. I think we keep one of Lonzo or Hart but not both. We likely run back most of the same team with a guard in the draft and 1 or 2 veteran shooters (like Danny Green).

My prediction lineup for next year...

PG: Ball/Lewis/draft pick
    SG: Danny Green/NAW/1st round pick
    SF: Ingram/Marshall/Didi
    PF: Zion/Nance Jr./draft pick (stretch 4)
    C: Adams/Hayes/Hernangomez
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 05-12-2021 at 11:34 PM.

I dont see any big moves. But some "medium" ones certainly in the cards with a surprise trade of one of the young ones maybe.

Dont see them keeping many draft picks. One or two at most.

Priority #1 is finding some veteran guard that can isn't complete trash or highly inconsistent. It honestly wouldn't have been so bad with George Hill instead of Bledsoe imo.

Priority #2 is to make sure all the young guns improve this offseason. Including and especially Zion and BI. Then NAW/Kira/Naji/Jax and by the looks of it...Didi.

It's one of those odd junctures where they are so close yet can be far away with one wrong move.

What I wish would happen and what I think will happen are very different things.

What I *want* us to do is try and consolidate our multiple second rounders into potentially a late first or something, draft a good lottery player, and then potentially package Bledsoe (who is essentially expiring) with that late first to try and secure a solid NBA rotation player, and then allow Lonzo to leave - S&T if you can manage but otherwise just eat the loss and let him walk*.

I don't think this is particularly likely, for a number of reasons. Much more likely is that we pull off maybe one or two of these things but otherwise blunder elsewhere; maybe we draft a lottery player but it's someone I don't rate highly, and we make the right move with Bledsoe but resign Lonzo for too much, something like that. Mixture of good and bad.

*Except in the extremely unlikely scenario that he's willing to take bargain basement money.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    i want us to offer schroeder a contract and see if he will take it...he do play defense..

throw money at duncan robinson to show that we trying to get a shooter but the heat will match...

trade bledsoe before the trade deadline...

sign and trade with lonzo or just let him go....

or just have a new starting back court February 2022 and that would make me a happy man for the rest of that season...

Also, I'm all on board with just letting Lonzo go. I mean for anything.

Just upgrade the position.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i want us to offer schroeder a contract and see if he will take it...he do play defense..
    Schroeder is exactly the kind of mood I'm not interested in. He would likely be relatively expensive to acquire given that we're not a marquee destination (he cost LA $15.5m for this year, you have to imagine he'd cost us more) and he's not great. Not a very good shooter, below league average as a finisher, mediocre playmaker, and while he's not a terrible defender he's not exactly a noteworthy plus either: this year is his first career season without a negative DBPM (it's exactly +0.00 this year, a career high) and he's about 200th in the league in D-EPM, which matches my eye test as well.

Overpaying for someone who is like the definition of replacement level is not a good move imo.

Some1 posted on realgm this trade:
    Pels send: Bledsoe, 2021 1st rounder and 2022 Lakers first rounder
    Indy send: Brogdon

Suprisingly most of Pacers fans said they would accept it.

I like it a lot. Lakers pick is in late 20's 100% and i really want Brogdon on this team since he brings basketball IQ and IQ in general, with shooting and defense...
    After that i would even consider keeping Lonzo for right price ofc(20 or less)

Brogdon/Kira
    Ball/Naw/Naji
    Ingram /Hart/Didi
    Zion/
    Adams/Hayes/Hernangomez

I would really love to send Adams somewhere but i just cant find a trade withouth giving up too much assets...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Some1 posted on realgm this trade:
    Pels send: Bledsoe, 2021 1st rounder and 2022 Lakers first rounder
    Indy send: Brogdon

Suprisingly most of Pacers fans said they would accept it.

I like it a lot. Lakers pick is in late 20's 100% and i really want Brogdon on this team since he brings basketball IQ and IQ in general, with shooting and defense...
    After that i would even consider keeping Lonzo for right price ofc(20 or less)

Brogdon/Kira
    Ball/Naw/Naji
    Ingram /Hart/Didi
    Zion/
    Adams/Hayes/Hernangomez

I would really love to send Adams somewhere but i just cant find a trade withouth giving up too much assets...
    HOW ABOUT THIS...

1. Sign Lonzo.

2. Package Lonzo and Adams in a trade with Golden State for Andrew Wiggins and and their 2021 First Pick.

3. Package our First Pick, with the Golden State First Pick and next Year's LA First Pick to move up into the top three in this year's draft. Hope for Suggs

(Essentially it's Adams, Lonzo and two Number Ones for Wiggins and Suggs)

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    HOW ABOUT THIS...

1. Sign Lonzo.

2. Package Lonzo and Adams in a trade with Golden State for Andrew Wiggins and and their 2021 First Pick.

3. Package our First Pick, with the Golden State First Pick and next Year's LA First Pick to move up into the top three in this year's draft. Hope for Suggs

(Essentially it's Adams, Lonzo and two Number Ones for Wiggins and Suggs)
    I think you can't sign and trade a player in combination with other players.
    Also im not sure GSW would accept that anyway.
    And third thing, that trade is guarantee we are not making playoffs next 2-3 seasons while that prospect develops(if he develops).
    I want to start winning and playing playoff games ASAP or i think Zion will be one more star who will be leaving as soon as he has opportunity...

Yeah let’s go get KAT since Kentucky players fair well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Schroeder is exactly the kind of mood I'm not interested in. He would likely be relatively expensive to acquire given that we're not a marquee destination (he cost LA $15.5m for this year, you have to imagine he'd cost us more) and he's not great. Not a very good shooter, below league average as a finisher, mediocre playmaker, and while he's not a terrible defender he's not exactly a noteworthy plus either: this year is his first career season without a negative DBPM (it's exactly +0.00 this year, a career high) and he's about 200th in the league in D-EPM, which matches my eye test as well.

Overpaying for someone who is like the definition of replacement level is not a good move imo.
    Forget his salary this year, he's not going to settle for less than the 4/84 extension he turned down from the Lakers.

It would only be fitting if the Lakers found a way and got help from other teams to acquire Beal

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    My interest level in this team will fall drastically if we keep Ball. I can't watch the most inconsistent player in the NBA every night. Not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    My interest level in this team will fall drastically if we keep Ball. I can't watch the most inconsistent player in the NBA every night. Not gonna happen.
    But he is starting to learn? Wasn’t that the point of this season? Bringing back Ball a regression?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It would only be fitting if the Lakers found a way and got help from other teams to acquire Beal
    I would cry. They literally don’t have an asset. Which is why it obviously wouldn’t happen, but this league doesn’t surprise me anymore

At minimum bring in shooters. Preferably two sided players, and find that combo-forward to fill the small-ball/bench utility role. Wagner is one of those guys that should be available at that spot. There are others that should be available in this draft too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I would cry. They literally don’t have an asset. Which is why it obviously wouldn’t happen, but this league doesn’t surprise me anymore
    They were close to Lowry

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/03/26...or-kyle-lowry/

Nothing would surprise me what Pelinka can do. He is smart.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-13-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Knicks GM another former agent showing you how it is done too.

Good for Casey. He is doing wonderful things for the Pistons

If we are gonna suck again... Can we at least pay Utah to get our name back.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    crazy part about that is, if we could get our name back then that may be the luck that would have us in consistent playoff settings lol....its new orleans and weird things like that bring good fortune a lot of times smh....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Just change the name to Jazzy Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    As long as we are not TEAL again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I think you can't sign and trade a player in combination with other players.
    Also im not sure GSW would accept that anyway.
    And third thing, that trade is guarantee we are not making playoffs next 2-3 seasons while that prospect develops(if he develops).
    I want to start winning and playing playoff games ASAP or i think Zion will be one more star who will be leaving as soon as he has opportunity...
    I'm pretty sure that last year the Pelicans re-signed Kenrich Williams, Frank Jackson, Zylan Cheatam, and Josh Gray and packaged them together to complete the Steven Adams trade.

Your point is well taken about GS's interest in this particular trade, but do they want four players to tie up almost 140MM in payroll?

Curry: 45.8MM
    Thompson: 38.0MM
    Green: 24.0MM
    Wiggins: 31.6MM

I believe somebody will deal with Golden State.
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-13-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Thread Information