Pelicans Report

Page 65 of 157 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    about 7 minutes ago
    Miami's status as the favorite to land Kyle Lowry was only enhanced by the decision to pick up Goran Dragic's option for next season, league sources say. A sign-and-trade with Toronto for Lowry centered around Dragic's $19.4MM deal for next season is an obvious route to a deal.
    Good. Can we please get Brogdon now

Hall of Famer
    Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    3 minutes ago
    Chicago's interest in restricted free agent Lonzo Ball continues to be hotly discussed in league circles 26-ish hours away from free agency (officially) starting. Question to consider: If New Orleans isn't getting Kyle Lowry, why not keep Lonzo? More: marcstein.substack.com

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    TBH, Miami is the better spot for him. Jimmy Butler is hungry and in his prime, and when adding Bam to the picture, thats a nice nucleus. Im at peace with Lowry not joining, especially with the costs that it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    TBH, Miami is the better spot for him. Jimmy Butler is hungry and in his prime, and when adding Bam to the picture, thats a nice nucleus. Im at peace with Lowry not joining, especially with the costs that it would take.
    I wouldn't have a problem with the cost, but man... Does it seem we have super bad luck with these moves never working out for us

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with the cost, but man... Does it seem we have super bad luck with these moves never working out for us
    Do what I did: assume the offseason will be a disaster. If even one thing goes well, it's a positive.

As far as I'm concerned, getting off Bledsoe and adding JV is already a win. My extremely low expectations have already been surpassed.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Do what I did: assume the offseason will be a disaster. If even one thing goes well, it's a positive.

As far as I'm concerned, getting off Bledsoe and adding JV is already a win. My extremely low expectations have already been surpassed.
    I just don't wanna see a 3 year 105 million for Kyle Lowry. That's my only way I see this being bad for us. A 1+1 PO... Would be my preferred deal.

I just don't wanna see a 3 year 105 million for Kyle Lowry. That's my only way I see this being bad for us. A 1+1 PO... Would be my preferred deal.
    I don't think a 3yr/$105m deal would be notably bad.

As Shamit pointed out earlier, if Lowry were to be wrapped into the Memphis deal (as he should be) then there's no difference between $30m a year (which would be $90/3yrs) and $36m a year (3yrs/$102m) when it comes to our options. The higher yearly amount doesn't actually limit what we can do any more than the lower amount does. So the only difference, practically speaking, is how much it costs the people paying and I don't care about that at all.

Edit: particularly if, of course, you can get that third year only partially guaranteed.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-01-2021 at 02:53 PM.

As Shamit pointed out earlier, if Lowry were to be wrapped into the Memphis deal (as he should be) then there's no difference between $30m a year (which would be $90/3yrs) and $36m a year (3yrs/$102m) when it comes to our options. The higher yearly amount doesn't actually limit what we can do any more than the lower amount does. So the only difference, practically speaking, is how much it costs the people paying and I don't care about that at all.

Edit: particularly if, of course, you can get that third year only partially guaranteed.
    Man... Going to be fun evening Monday. I hope we come out good.

Man... Going to be fun evening Monday. I hope we come out good.
    Or at least, not bad.

As long as we don't trade away any really good stuff for bad stuff, or take on tons of bad money (bloated, lengthy contracts for mediocre players, etc) then I don't really mind. Either make the team better or stay the course. Please no massive mess ups.

Doesn't make any sense. Maybe he is looking at first year only. Of course adding $6 million a year has ramifications over the term of the contract.

I am worried we should be preparing ourselves for Griff to overpay Dinwiddie as our starting PG next year. Just feels like something he would do.

So, what is everyone?s opinion on plan B if the Pelicans miss out on Lowry? I also agree that a large Dinwiddie contract would be a terrible idea. Although, that could be something that Langdon may push for as he is very familiar with Dinwiddie through the Nets.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-01-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So, what is everyone?s opinion on plan B if the Pelicans miss out on Lowry? I also agree that a Large Dinwiddie contract would be a terrible idea.
    I would like to try and acquire Sexton or if the rumors of a 4/$80 million contract for Ball, match that and keep him. I really do not want to see us paying someone like Dinwiddie $20 million a year.

Another day, then we can see where all these strange pre moves are going to end up.

So, what is everyone?s opinion on plan B if the Pelicans miss out on Lowry? I also agree that a large Dinwiddie contract would be a terrible idea. Although, that could be something that Langdon may push for as he is very familiar with Dinwiddie through the Nets.
    So... What are all of our attainable options even if we don't care for it?
    1. Sign and Trade for Lowry
    2. Trade for Dragic
    3. Trade for Brogdon
    4. Tim Hardaway Jr
    5. Extend Lonzo
    6. Dennis Schroder
    7. Trade for Ricky Rubio
    8. Sign Dinwiddie
    9. Sign a bottom of the barrel guy - Peyton, Derrick Rose, Reggie Jackson

Am I missing anyone else?

So... What are all of our attainable options even if we don't care for it?
    1. Sign and Trade for Lowry
    2. Trade for Dragic
    3. Trade for Brogdon
    4. Tim Hardaway Jr
    5. Extend Lonzo
    6. Dennis Schroder
    7. Trade for Ricky Rubio
    8. Sign Dinwiddie
    9. Sign a bottom of the barrel guy - Peyton, Derrick Rose, Reggie Jackson

Am I missing anyone else?
    You would have to get close to #25 to list all the available ones. Far more than that with us able to either go cap room or uneven trade packed into the Memphis trade. And you didnt even list my favorite one - Norman Powell.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So, what is everyone’s opinion on plan B if the Pelicans miss out on Lowry?
    It depends who gets him. I feel the path forward if the Heat trade for him will alter things. Can’t say we’ll just go sign whomever per say.

Not a surprise, even if he stays in LA (which I think he probably will) he was going to turn this down and try and get more money/years. But there it is.

Again, no surprises, but the pennies are dropping.

Not quite the superstar name of Kawhi or CP3, but there's another

Prepared for the ultimate disappointment of us paying Dinwiddie $25m a year. Crushing my soul.

Norm Powell is someone I'd be alright with. I'm not in love with him but he's solid enough, for the right money he'd be cool.

Would expect Smart to be re-routed if we got him, but another case where I'd be happy to have him if not.

Prepared for the ultimate disappointment of us paying Dinwiddie $25m a year. Crushing my soul.
    Would be such a Griffin move. Would take any optimism for this season away quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would be such a Griffin move. Would take any optimism for this season away quickly.
    They would be idiots to pay Dinwiddie anything more than $16-$18 million a year unless it’s a $20 million 1 year, prove it deal.

Thread Information