Pelicans Report

Page 150 of 157 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

The fit with Simmons would be troublesome. All this talk about spacing... Then adding Simmons clogs things up again.

Ok, so if nothing is brewing with Simmons, then I wonder if we could get involved in the trade as a 3rd team to try and gain a new player or two.

Let's not forget Philly GM trade demands for Simmons and laugh: : 4 1st, 3 1st Swap, 1 Young Talent (Possibly Dejounte Murray)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You do a trade like that for Anthony Davis. Ben Simmons? Half of those things would feel and overpay.

If it was offered... Should've taken Brogdon and 2 FRP's

Simmons, Zion, and BI would be absolutely amazing if pretty much everyone else on the roster spaced the floor....but like......I mean it would really have to be everyone else on the roster.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I saw Rich Paul is wants Maxey out of Philly, too. Refusing to let him make scheduled appearances in the City.

Klutch is a cancer, man. At this point, you almost have to preemptively trade a player once they sign with Klutch, because they WILL demand out and WILL tank their value in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    I saw Rich Paul is wants Maxey out of Philly, too. Refusing to let him make scheduled appearances in the City.

Klutch is a cancer, man. At this point, you almost have to preemptively trade a player once they sign with Klutch, because they WILL demand out and WILL tank their value in the process.
    I saw that too but Paul walked that back.

Jason Dumas
    @JDumasReports
    ?
    Aug 31, 2021
    Replying to @JDumasReports
    A few local Philadelphia based organizations had planned on partnering with Maxey on some community events. They were told to cancel those plans. Paul would not like Maxey to grow roots in Philly if he could be gone.

Jason Dumas
    @JDumasReports
    Update: Tyrese Maxey is excited about this upcoming year with the Sixers as is Rich Paul and the 76ers. Paul does not want Tyrese out of Philly. However, the Ben Simmons situation is totally separate.
    But yes Klutch is cancerous.

Did Griffin pull the trigger on any deals during the hurricane? Did I miss anything?

Philly still wants an all star for Simmons in trade? I don’t think it should be Ingram

The Franchise
    I think we could make Simmons work but if we can’t then let’s be the 3rd team and get some young guys. If Simmons would go to GS and philly doesn’t want young guys, then I’d like if we jumped in with picks and got Kuminga.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I think we could make Simmons work but if we can’t then let’s be the 3rd team and get some young guys. If Simmons would go to GS and philly doesn’t want young guys, then I’d like if we jumped in with picks and got Kuminga.
    Philly wants win-now players, not picks. Or maybe they accept a pick-heavy package to get rid of BS and get assets for a major trade later on.

Swerve Simmons like the plague. Maybe we can help facilitate him somewhere else and get in on the deal in that way, but he is exactly what we should avoid pairing up with Zion. Not saying I think he is crap- he will be a much better fit somewhere else. That and they are asking too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Swerve Simmons like the plague. Maybe we can help facilitate him somewhere else and get in on the deal in that way, but he is exactly what we should avoid pairing up with Zion. Not saying I think he is crap- he will be a much better fit somewhere else. That and they are asking too much for him.
    Totally agree with this. You can’t have Simmons and Zion on the floor together as they both basically score at 1 level (attacking the rim). Every team’s defense that we played would be surrounding the paint like vultures. Today’s NBA you only need 1 guy that does that on the floor surrounded by shooters or scorers at all 3 levels like BI.

I do think a core of Simmons, BI, and Zion could be killer but I mean almost the entire team outside of them would have to be floor spacers. Which when I first said that it sounded preposterous but.....I dunno. Simmons and BI would complement eachother rather well. Moving BI to get Simmons would be awful.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Don't think we can make the $ work anyway at the moment if we aren't sending out Ingram, which definitely would be a bad idea.

Man. I know it's like the dead part of offseason so there usually aren't any posts......but I really hope everyone is ok after Ida. It's a little late, but DM me if y'all need something (generator, gas cans, I'll buy you a meal if you're evacuated in the LC area, or something).

Nikola mirotic might be available with fc Barcelona having difficulties with funding.

A bunch of former players are helping with Ida Recovery. Jrue, Jahil, and Langston

Satoransky did an interview with Czech media. Here's the rundown on what he said.

Basketball.

So he's an FA in 2023......it's a huge contract but it's high boom medium bust since we're currently going into this year without a starting quality PG, anyway.......I mean, I'd pull the trigger on him. Hr should be able to be had for cheap. I wouldn't bet the farm on him but Houston should be trying to give him away.

He strikes me as the exact type of vet PG that Green has had on some of the teams he's be an assistant with. Wish he shot better from 3pt but oh well.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 09-14-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    How would this even hypothetically be a possibility based on salary/cap reasons?

Y'all joking right?

Thread Information