Pelicans Report

Page 109 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Bleh, have never liked D'Antoni... weird he is some kind of 'consultant' as opposed to an assistant coach? Seems like a step backwards for him. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't really his choice and Brooklyn got tired of having him around.
    He did not want the commitment of being a full time assistant.

Am I wrong that all he knows how to do is get lucky with having some some incredible ball handler/passer like Nash or Harden on his team, tell him to keep dribbling the ball until he either gets off a shot or finds an open shooter in the corner, and do this all as quickly as possible?
    You are indeed wrong on this. Especially in regards to the Nash teams, which were a lot more creatively and dynamically coached than people sometimes remember.
    Basketball.

We getting MDA and Jarron Collins from the warriors... Gotta say.... Scoop B reported first lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You are indeed wrong on this. Especially in regards to the Nash teams, which were a lot more creatively and dynamically coached than people sometimes remember.
    I dunno man... I recall several interviews in both his Phx and Houston days where reporters ask about what he is doing on offense, and he explicitly said, 'I just give it to Nash/Harden and let them do what they want because they are so great and they don't even need to be coached.' You could say he's just being humble maybe I guess, except for the fact that he is, IMO, one of the most narcissistic coaches in the league.

In any case, glad he is not officially a coach and it's my opinion that Willie Green, despite having less experience, is likely more intelligent than Dantoni.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, things aren't always black and white as I lot people seem to think.

IIIIII LIKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    We getting MDA and Jarron Collins from the warriors... Gotta say.... Scoop B reported first lol....
    Jarron Collins run our defense not too bad.i suppose. Just need some a couple more bigs and we're set.

As hornetzplaya stated

I'm all for anyone who has received tutelage from Steve Kerr! I got him and Pop as two of the smartest coaches ever.

I'd assume Collins is getting the lead assistant gig

I dunno man... I recall several interviews in both his Phx and Houston days where reporters ask about what he is doing on offense, and he explicitly said, 'I just give it to Nash/Harden and let them do what they want because they are so great and they don't even need to be coached.' You could say he's just being humble maybe I guess, except for the fact that he is, IMO, one of the most narcissistic coaches in the league.

In any case, glad he is not officially a coach and it's my opinion that Willie Green, despite having less experience, is likely more intelligent than Dantoni.
    Yeah like you said, I think that's kinda what everyone says to be modest and flatter someone else.

"Doctor, you cured that kid. How did you do it?"

"Ah I did nothing. The kid was tough and was the real hero."

And I agree. I love the idea of D'antoni consulting. That's going to be fun. Stoudemire was also used in some unique ways, IIRC. That was six kids ago for me. It's all fuzzy. He may have some cool ideas for Zion.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-04-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah but that's kinda what everyone says to be modest and flatter someone else.

"Doctor, you cured that kid. How did you do it?"

"Ah I did nothing. The kid was tough and was the real hero."

And I agree. I love the idea of D'antoni consulting. That's going to be fun. Stoudemire was also used in some unique ways, IIRC. That was six kids ago for me. It's all fuzzy. He may have some cool ideas for Zion.
    Well.... everyone besides SVG

Pels always had one of the top talented rosters. We just needed a great coaching staff for the players’ talent to translate into playoff berths and decent seeding. We’re finally getting them!

Full confirmation on Pels coaching staff

How would we feel if at the end of the day, the Pels S&T Hart for Buddy Hield and then signed Reggie Jackson to the full MLE

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    How would we feel if at the end of the day, the Pels S&T Hart for Buddy Hield and then signed Reggie Jackson to the full MLE
    Kind of rather let Kira sink or swim with the second unit.

Jackson is the type of move that makes sense in my head.

Jackson, Graham, NAW, Kira, Sato would be a nice backcourt.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...-the-clippers/

Historically bad defense in Detroit but seems to have improved in LA.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-04-2021 at 03:44 PM.

PG- Jackson, Kira
    SG- NAW, Graham
    SF- Ingram, Hield, Temple, Murphy
    PF- Zion, Jones
    C- Jonas, Jax, Willy

Then you have Sato and the BAE

PG- Jackson, Kira
    SG- NAW, Graham
    PF- Zion, Jones
    C- Jonas, Jax, Willy

Could obviously start Buddy or Graham over Jackson

So many negative nannies on this forum. Why can’t you be positive?

PG- Jackson, Kira
    SG- NAW, Graham
    PF- Zion, Jones
    C- Jonas, Jax, Willy

Man if you could do this and then add Millsap for the BAE to finish out his career in his home state

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So many negative nannies on this forum. Why can’t you be positive?
    You echo my thoughts....maybe because it’s so much easier and safer to be negative?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Man if you could do this and then add Millsap for the BAE to finish out his career in his home state
    I'd be playing Murphy over Temple, that's for sure.

You don't appear to have included Naji either, who would also get priority minutes over Temple and Jones

Thread Information