Pelicans Report

Page 58 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Post draft depth chart

PG: FA/Lewis/Alvarado (2-way)
    SG: NAW/FA/Didi
    SF: Ingram/Marshall/Murphy III
    PF: Zion/FA/Jones
    C: Valanciunas/Hayes

We need 3 nice free agent signings.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-30-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    With the raptors passing on suggs wouldn't be surprised if Lowry stays in Canada
    you might be right, but with the Pel's parting ways with Bledsoe, knowing full well that Ball could go elsewhere, drafting the way they did.... I have to believe that they definitely have something up their sleeve in the guard department.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    you might be right, but with the Pel's parting ways with Bledsoe, knowing full well that Ball could go elsewhere, drafting the way they did.... I have to believe that they definitely have something up their sleeve in the guard department.....
    Well, at the end of the day... You can't have all your eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    With the raptors passing on suggs wouldn't be surprised if Lowry stays in Canada
    Disagree personally. I don't think Suggs is a primary initiator at the NBA level, at least for a little while; that's where they're relying on Lowry. But if they're going into a rebuild - which it seems like they may be, given the rumours that they're not desperate for Lowry and are listening to offers on Siakam - then surely they'd just lean into VanVleet and Flynn at the guard spots?
    Basketball.

Jazz apparently angling pretty hard at Conley. Does $25m get him? If so, does that set the market for Lowry?

$25m per still takes them into luxury tax even without Favors, so they may still be interested in shedding salary elsewhere.

Since the Lakers went with Westbrook, should we be interested in bringing back Buddy Hield for floor spacing?
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    Since the Lakers went with Westbrook, should we be interested in bringing back Buddy Hield for floor spacing?
    No. Too much money for a defensive liability.

If we resign Hart. Who starts SG? I see Hart starting the season at SG and splitting a lot of time with NAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If we resign Hart. Who starts SG? I see Hart starting the season at SG and splitting a lot of time with NAW.
    NAW is the better shooter with higher upside. Hart will never be a consistent 20 points a night player. I think NAW is already there if given the opportunity. Hart will be the 6th man if re-signed.

Team I would love to see after FA.

PG: Lowry/Lewis/Alvarado (2-way)
    SG: NAW/Hart/Didi
    SF: Ingram/Marshall/Murphy III
    PF: Zion/Olynyk/Jones
    C: Valanciunas/Hayes
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-30-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    NAW is the better shooter with higher upside. Hart will never be a consistent 20 points a night player. I think NAW is already there if given the opportunity. Hart will be the 6th man if re-signed.
    I agree that NAW has higher upside, but the ability to score 20 points a night has nothing to do with it. Frankly, on a team with Zion and Ingram, I don't necessarily think NAW ever will average 20 points a night, and I don't really want him to focus on that either.

Volume scoring - unless the player is truly special at it, like Zion or Dame or KD - is one of the easiest things to replace in the NBA. NAW is more valuable than Hart because of his playmaking upside, his shot profile (shooting) and the fact that he's got better movement skills on defense, not because he could be a consistent 20 points a night player.

I feel like an offense that relies on NAW to score 20 a night is not a good offense.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Sorry if mentioned already, but Jose Alvarado from Georgia Tech apparently to a 2-way contract....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I agree that NAW has higher upside, but the ability to score 20 points a night has nothing to do with it. Frankly, on a team with Zion and Ingram, I don't necessarily think NAW ever will average 20 points a night, and I don't really want him to focus on that either.

Volume scoring - unless the player is truly special at it, like Zion or Dame or KD - is one of the easiest things to replace in the NBA. NAW is more valuable than Hart because of his playmaking upside, his shot profile (shooting) and the fact that he's got better movement skills on defense, not because he could be a consistent 20 points a night player.

I feel like an offense that relies on NAW to score 20 a night is not a good offense.
    His ceiling as a passer and his vision is my favorite part of his potential. I think he can be special outside of scoring if he keeps developing that passing. At time his green light is absurd and slightly annoying. I hope he can get more soft yellowish green light. Love me some NAW.

At least you'll know if NAW is having a good or bad shooting night in 5 minutes after jacking up 7 shots lol.

So long story short, NAW is better than Hart offensively which is the same point I was making.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    20ppg or not, NAW is the easy choice IMO if we resign Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So long story short, NAW is better than Hart offensively which is the same point I was making.
    Sure, but not because he's closer to being a 20ppg scorer. That's barely even worth mentioning. It's the other parts of his offensive game which are interesting.

Wonder what the strategy is if we don't get Lowry b/c the Heat are saying they want him and he's really good friends w/ Jimmy Butler so I would think they would be the frontrunners.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Wonder what the strategy is if we don't get Lowry b/c the Heat are saying they want him and he's really good friends w/ Jimmy Butler so I would think they would be the frontrunners.
    Lonzo

Brogdon, then just retaining Lonzo and hoping for the leap from Kira I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lonzo
    Just hope it is not Dinwiddie.

I previously said Lonzo and that would probably be my first option if Lowry goes elsewhere, but I wouldn't be totally adverse to bringing in Goran Dragic on a 1+1 (CO) deal (coming off an $18MM deal). He would be an ideal mentor for Kira and even though his minutes would be sub 30, don't we want to get Kira on the court anyway?

Not really sure what Atlanta is doing here, tbh.

Not really sure what Atlanta is doing here, tbh.
    Part of this deal-

It is actually Bruno Fernando.

Guess Atlanta needs a backup big with Okongwu's surgery.

Edit:

Sacramento giving up Delon Wright

But why? This is not a good move for them, imo. Especially if they're planning to retain Richaun Holmes.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-30-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Required if they were going to S&T, I think.

A No Brainer Trade...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2nd-round-pick

Dae, this is why you hoard 2nd round draft picks rather than spitting in the wind on a 0.000001% longshot (your number...not mine).

Thread Information