Pelicans Report

Page 52 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm very lukewarm on Forbes tbh. Not negative or anything, he does have bankable skills, but I'd much rather have Ingles or Bojan, or even go the route of helping Atlanta shed some of their upcoming extensions and taking on Bodgan or Huerter.
    I would agree that the others have much more value. However, if Forbes is cheap (only made $2.3 million last year), he may be a nice bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would agree that the others have much more value. However, if Forbes is cheap (only made $2.3 million last year), he may be a nice bench player.
    Oh sure, I can agree with that.
    Basketball.

Oh sure, I can agree with that.
    Me too. 45% 3 point shooter on a relatively cheap contract on this team…sign me up!

Griff to make a "huge" offer to Lowery. Just got an espn alert.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Ughhhhh... I guess we can assume we are trading away another 1st next year.

Is this a new piece of news? If so, could you give a link? Can't seem to find anything more recent than about 8 hours ago on the ESPN site itself.

Is it possible to sign Lowry outright and trade for Brogdon and run a lineup like this?

Lowry
    Brogdon
    Ingram
    Zion
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Is it possible to sign Lowry outright and trade for Brogdon and run a lineup like this?

Lowry
    Brogdon
    Ingram
    Zion
    Jonas
    That’s mad interesting, but I think they are trying to stay under the cap for the exempts.

Is this a new piece of news? If so, could you give a link? Can't seem to find anything more recent than about 8 hours ago on the ESPN site itself.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ul?share=other

Lowry
    Brogdon
    Ingram
    Zion
    Jonas
    Wow. That would be amazing.

If so, we can expect a significant overpay. He is not on CP3 level IMO but would bet Griffin gives him something like 3 years/$90 million.

If so, we can expect a significant overpay. He is not on CP3 level IMO but would bet Griffin gives him something like 3 years/$90 million.
    I wouldn't be upset with slight overpay on three year deal as long as we can have a "Houdini Clause' written into it for Year 3.
    Last edited by As I See It; 07-27-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Yeah I would obviously prefer a lower yearly amount but I really wouldn't mind that at all.

Lowry
    Brogdon
    Ingram
    Zion
    Jonas
    Again, the way I understand what I?ve been told and then everything coming from the media is that Griff wants NAW as the starting 2 next year. NAWs development is quite possibly the most important piece in unlocking the next level for this team as a contender, either through his play or a centerpiece in a deal for a superstar.

That being said, it?s possible you could convince Brogdon to come off the bench but I don?t necessarily see that happening.

Apparently Kira is currently doing some kind of Zoom call related to Panini, and people are talking about it on Twitter. Apparently he's saying a lot of good stuff and showing an impressive amount of awareness.

Kira is the type of kid that I don’t see any way he fails. He’s got an incredible head on his shoulders to match his natural talent. I’m not sure he’s ever a top 3 guy on a championship team, but I’m intrigued to watch his development with us.

Specifically, he seems very open to developing his entire skill set to mesh with Zion. There’s something to be said for that because most guys his age would be looking to enhance their on ball game to try and be a lead ball handler. Kira seems perfectly content to be a role player for the time being, and is happy to develop his skill set in order to do so.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It does make some sense to sign Lowry even at a gross overpay, then 2-3 years when it expires, Kira takes over. My question is, are we sure Kira is the guy? He's got a long way to go. Maybe though...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    It does make some sense to sign Lowry even at a gross overpay, then 2-3 years when it expires, Kira takes over. My question is, are we sure Kira is the guy? He's got a long way to go. Maybe though...
    I?ll be honest. Put them all in a room. Talk to them. Look at their maturity. What evidence they have shown to be all about team, stick up for themselves, heady, etc.

Kira to me ?feels? like the one to me. Like a young point guard who?s slept on early that would bring stability to a franchise in his 30s.

He feels old. And that?s what I like about him.

Pels Off season thread

What if we:

Sign Lowry for 3 years 80M front loaded first two years

Sign Forbes for 2 years at $5M a year

Sign Kelly Olynyk at 2 years $9M a year

Draft Kispert

PG: Lowry, Lewis Jr
    SG: NAW, Forbes, Kispert, Louzada
    SF: Ingram, Marshall, Kispert, Louzada
    PF: Zion, Olynyk
    C: Jonas V, Jax

Then we trade Lowry for SGA next year in a sign and trade with multiple picks involved.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 07-27-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Don’t we lose the MLE since we are an under the cap team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    What if we:

Sign Lowry for 3 years 80M front loaded first two years

Sign Forbes for 2 years at $5M a year

Sign Kelly Olynyk at 2 years $9M a year

Draft Kispert

PG: Lowry, Lewis Jr
    SG: NAW, Forbes, Kispert, Louzada
    SF: Ingram, Marshall, Kispert, Louzada
    PF: Zion, Olynyk
    C: Jonas V, Jax

Then we trade Lowry for SAG next year in a sign and trade with multiple picks involved.
    That would be a great offseason, but I doubt we could afford 3 true free agents. We likely will sign 2 FAs and re-sign Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Don’t we lose the MLE since we are an under the cap team?
    If we operate as an under the cap team, yes. However, I would bet we operate as an over the cap team.

If we operate as an under the cap team, yes. However, I would bet we operate as an over the cap team.
    That is the entire key to this offseason. If they go after Lowry, they need to stay over the cap and have Toronto send him in a S&T, attaching him to this Memphis deal so we can stay over the cap. If we have to let Hart and Lonzo go plus lose the MLE to sign Lowry, then he needs to be what Chris Paul was last year to have made that worth it -- and I dont think he will be

Gotta stay over the cap
    @mcnamara247

Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    That would be a great offseason, but I doubt we could afford 3 true free agents. We likely will sign 2 FAs and re-sign Hart.
    I agree but the GM has been given the green light by Mrs. Benson to go over the cap if needed. If we go over the cap this year, we can most likely get under it for loading off our multiple picks for a sign and trade with SGA and Lowry next year. JV will be off the books if needed.

We may have to eventually trade Olynyk or Forbes but we still keep most of the core in tact.

I like Hart and will not be mad if we sign him. Just think Marshall can provide what he does unless we strike out at guard depth.

SGA and NAW are cousins. They will want to play together. Only a matter of time. Better us getting SGA with NAW right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sleeper; 07-28-2021 at 12:05 AM.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ike-chris-paul

Thread Information