Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May 10th - New Orleans Pelican @ Memphis Grizzlies - 31-37

Pelicans May 10th - New Orleans Pelican @ Memphis Grizzlies - 31-37

So, we won last game. Not optimal in the attempt to #FadeForCade but it came off a great game from Jax and a nice return from NAW so you can't be too unhappy about it.

Luckily, both the Kings and Bulls won so while we didn't gain any ground, we didn't lose any either.

Tonight we play the Grizzlies, a team we have historically dominated, but now we don't have Zion and I can't imagine Ingram or Adams are suddenly good to go overnight either. Ja Morant is healthy, and the Grizzlies are looking to be a playoff team this season, so they're not trying to lose any games right now.

Since April 22nd, we have gone WLWLWWLWLW in our record which is kind of the least productive thing you can do. Either win games and make a real playoff push or lose them and improve the draft pick. Stop this one step forward, one step back nonsense.

The Grizz have also had a tumultuous past few weeks, going LLWWLLWLLWLW over their last 12 games, not really able to get going for long periods of time but not significantly sliding down either. It will be interesting to see how they show up tonight.

Let's find out what happens.

Other Games of Note:Tonight the Spurs take on the Bucks; we want them to win, but that's a tall order. Simultaneously, the Warriors take on the Jazz. We also want them to win, assuming our goal is the best draft pick and the play-ins falling out of reach. Again, a tall order.
    Basketball.

Also need the Pacers (@Cleveland) and Wizards (@Hawks) to win. Only .5 and 1 game in front of them respectively.

Maybe NAW should rest that ankle. He still looked ginger running up the court a few times. Jax needs to sit his happy arse down too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Also need the Pacers (@Cleveland) and Wizards (@Hawks) to win. Only .5 and 1 game in front of them respectively.

Maybe NAW should rest that ankle. He still looked ginger running up the court a few times. Jax needs to sit his happy arse down too.
    NAW's gonna play roughly the same minutes as last game according to SVG

I'm less worried about the Wizards, they've won a lot recently and are playing well. Pacers are a bit more of a coinflip though I still trust them to beat the Cavs more times than not.

Hernangomez is not the guy to defend JJJ

NAW looks great. Naji too

End of the first, we're down 36-31. Surprised it isn't more honestly given how awful our start was but we had that late surge where Wenyen and NAW hit some threes and closed the gap.

I truly hope that Zion and BI are taking notes.

I saw Jax practicing that 3 ball in the offseason. Good to see it in action. Future stretch 5

NAW and Jax continuing being awesome as a bench duo

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I saw Jax practicing that 3 ball in the offseason. Good to see it in action. Future stretch 5
    He's hit a good few this year! Small sample size, but he's 4/9 from 3 this season now

Up to 78% from the FT line as well. The potential is there.

NAW is the microwaviest microwave

This team is pure Ewing theory

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I truly hope that Zion and BI are taking notes.
    Yep, esp. on the defense and smart possesions.

Hate to say it but Billy is the weak link out there.

NAW... I need you to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This team is pure Ewing theory
    I love Ewing theory, it's such a funny concept.

But then every now and again you meet someone who legit believes in it and things get sad.

Our starters are sucking arse

Starters are sucking it up. They are more inconsistent than the second team.

Lonzo is the least inspiring player on the team about 65% of the time. The other 35% of the time it's Bledsoe.

HALFTIME THOUGHTS

Everyone of our starters are negative double digits in PLUS/MINUS

But, everyone who has played off the bench has a positive PLUS/MINUS.

And we are not rebounding well at all which is unusual.
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-10-2021 at 08:16 PM.

San Antonio is up big on Milwaukee 69-49 mid way through the second quarter.

This game is very boring.

AAAAAA STOP WINNING LMAO

Thread Information