Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dude - you have the right to not believe people or even call them liars if you choose, and others have the right to pass on the things they have heard. I dont know why you cant grasp this very simple concept. Nobody is saying that what is said here has to be believed as gospel, but your point seems to be that if someone cant prove something with multiple verified sources then they should say nothing and we should take players or coaches or GMs word for things - BECAUSE THEY NEVER LIE!!!

Your argument is in a word...terrible. It draws upon numerous fallacies and is backed as an absolute good based on this one experience you keep whining about. Dude - if that is your bar for accepting things, then good for you. But your idea that the board will follow you on this is beyond naive. Notice how literally nobody is agreeing with your poor arguments and/or desired burden of proof?
    You posted your rumor. You apparently only have secret sauces. I said 'LOL this is high school', then the butt hurt began.

That seems like a pretty normal order of operations to me. So wtf are you talking about?
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-12-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Also, have you bothered to reach out to the reporters that you do trust to fact check? You are so determined to only know and say truth, right??

Because they all know this stuff too.
    Perhaps you never learned this in your higher learnin, but reporters have this thing called a semblance of credibility. They aren't nameless or faceless. While you have absolutely none.

Even then, I don't believe many reporter rumors either. But their rumors are still 100xs more trustworthy than yours. You mad?

And yes, I have emailed directly with Will Guillory before. Nice guy. His pre and post game questions have gotten really good.

Now my quota of ever replying to you is gone for the year. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I gave you the specific quote direct from the horse's mouth that they have been dealing with this guy due to the constant rumors he was spreading. He specifically said they've had to check him on THAT issue. They didn't ban him because of the infighting. They did it because it was one too many rumors and enough was enough. The exact quote explaining the entire true context is right there. He said that.

This whole thing here started because someone said we've GOT to make the playoffs next year or Zion is gone. Then village idiot basketball sage of d-bags chimed in and another person that had nothing to do with the original conversation had to piggy back. They are now spreading rumors that Zion's parents are not getting along with Griff because of the way he handled Zion's minutes and injury LAST year? Which makes NO SENSE. What parents would get angry because some adult was extremely careful with their son's injury? Who does that? If that's not the issue, then what is it and where are you getting this from?

Zion addressed this in multiple interviews. Are we to believe he's just being duplicitous? These dumb rumors are just an attack on these people's character at this point. From nameless, faceless, random people on the internet who have established no credibility whatsoever.

A discussion board is indeed a fact checker. That's what happens in discussions. And no, you do not have to give even the most miniscule sources of your rumor mill. But that also means these "sauces" are fair game to be called the BS that it is. What are you getting mad at that for?
    I am not going to discuss the SR issue with you any longer. I know what it was.

As far as rumors or sources, believe what you want to believe. I am sure you must have the same level of expectations when you listen to rumors on ESPN on from reporters on the internet who indicate that "sources tell them." It is obvious that you simply have an issue with the source of the discussion or whether you like the rumor or not and that is your prerogative.

Thread Information