Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pelicans fans looking at a team that can barely scrape the 10th seed.

''Run it back!''
    From what I’ve seen on social media, most Pels fans aren’t sold on this current roster. But they are willing to let Griff try and make moves to improve it this summer.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    But Pelicans fans will lie to themselves to say this will carry over next season or matter. It wont bro. Ive seen this with this franchise soooooooooo many times. Happy for Hayes man, but man CAN WE PLEASE SAVE OURSELVES FROM MEDIOCRITY?!? We keep winning and Pelican fans will be in for a rude awakening this off season when our biggest acquisition will be Larry Nance Jr and resigning Lonzo smh sigh.
    my mind is already set on everyone coming back except lonzo and hart......we add a rookie and a FA guard........so im already in the sunken place...

You will care next year man if we miss the playoffs again. Better hope for a miracle lottery night at this point.
    It’s not that serious for me bruh This team has no effect on my daily life. All I can do is hope for the best at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    From what I’ve seen on social media, most Pels fans aren’t sold on this current roster. But they are willing to let Griff try and make moves to improve it this summer.
    And yet, ask those same people what we can do and what do you hear from a lot of them?

Pay Lonzo his $20m, retain Hart, push for the play-in.

Which is functionally identical to ''don't improve through the draft, double down on your terrible core and run it back.''

Unless you think Griff can trade draft picks and Bledsoe for a significant upgrade somewhere on the roster, which I don't think is likely.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    JJ Reddick and Luka, then Curry goes off again at home. it is done. Give it up
    Luka may not play. Just got ejected for socking Colin Sexton in the nuts. On purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Luka may not play. Just got ejected for socking Colin Sexton in the nuts. On purpose.
    On that?

No suspension

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...way-suspension

Thats for the automatic suspension. The NBA can still look at it and decide to suspend him anyway.

Not that I'm hoping for it. But my hopes are winless vs #Pelslife

Thats for the automatic suspension. The NBA can still look at it and decide to suspend him anyway.
    They won’t . Again don’t get your hopes up. Zion took those shots all year. The fact Sexton also did not see it as malicious either. Move along nothing to see here.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-09-2021 at 09:33 PM.

On that?

This isnt it.

This isnt it.
    He is playing Wednesday. Quit getting hopes up. You are setting yourself up for Doom! If he was suspended it would be for the MAVS Tuesday game NOT OUR GAME!
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-09-2021 at 09:44 PM.

On that note what is our record on winning back to back road games? How many back to back road games have we won this season

Is it ZERO?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-09-2021 at 09:48 PM.

He is playing Wednesday. Quit getting hopes up. You are setting yourself up for Doom! If he was suspended it would be for the MAVS Tuesday game NOT OUR GAME!
    What on earth are you talking about??? I think I've made it clearly abundant I was hoping for an 0-6 finish. Why would I want him suspended??

I just heard heads on tv saying they could come down hard on him since it was a (little) punch. It's today's NBA.

What on earth are you talking about??? I think I've made it clearly abundant I was hoping for an 0-6 finish. Why would I want him suspended??

I just heard heads on tv saying they could come down hard on him since it was a (little) punch. It's today's NBA.
    13-3 seems to just kind of make up what he thinks your opinion is and then argue based on that forever, regardless of what you actually think.

Cool glad we agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    13-3 seems to just kind of make up what he thinks your opinion is and then argue based on that forever, regardless of what you actually think.
    Look in mirror. McNamara exposed you. You post 20000 freakin times half the time you don’t know what you are talking about.

Bulls won and the Kings are up 20. So Pels didnt lose ground. Just lost a massive opportunity to gain some.

Perhaps Jax needs a rest or something.

Look in mirror. McNamara exposed you. You post 20000 freakin times half the time you don’t know what you are talking about.
    Okay pal

Bulls won and the Kings are up 20. So Pels didnt lose ground. Just lost a massive opportunity to gain some.

Perhaps Jax needs a rest or something.
    One of the minor issues with the Kings win and us not losing though is that we therefore do gain ground on the Spurs, and their last few games are murderer's row.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    It’s not that serious for me bruh This team has no effect on my daily life. All I can do is hope for the best at this point.
    Wish I cared less tbh lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    my mind is already set on everyone coming back except lonzo and hart......we add a rookie and a FA guard........so im already in the sunken place...
    We will trade the lotto pick bro. The odds of us keeping it is super slim.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    It’s fun to speculate who we might take where, but chances are that this will be the case.... time eventually reveals all....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

If Monty or Alvin were our coach I would say we win all games. I lost count how many games Stan blew when we had double digit leads. We would probably be a#4 seed if he was not our coach.

The thing about trading the pick for me is this:

Is the value you get back from the pick better than the pick's plausible potential value? If yes, then okay fine, trade it, if no, then don't.

If you get say, the 8th overall pick and by the time you get to that pick there's guys left on the board that you think have all-star upside as a plausible outcome, and you can't trade it for someone you also think has all-star upside/is an all-star, then don't trade it.

If you can move it for more than the plausible value of the pick (say, for example, a team wants to trade you a solid rotation player and you're picking at 11 and you don't think there are any guys likely to be rotation calibre within their rookie deal) then fine, move it.

That evaluation is the difficult one because then it returns to prospect evaluation and while there are things to look out for and general guides, nobody bats .1000 on drafting. Every year, every scout and fan-scout has a bunch of hits and at least a couple of misses that they kick themselves over.

SO we could have caught up with the Kings today...oh well.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Thread Information