Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We're going to make the play ins and just get annihilated and immediately lose out, and get the worst of both worlds. No playoff appearance, but just good enough to wreck the draft pick.
    @Memphis

@ Dallas

@ Golden State

Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    @Memphis

@ Dallas

@ Golden State

Lakers

Good. No more eastern conference "playoff" teams left.

We're going to make the play ins and just get annihilated and immediately lose out, and get the worst of both worlds. No playoff appearance, but just good enough to wreck the draft pick.
    its so painfully obvious this is our fate. I hate that i love this team man. My god its torture at this point. Cant watch anymore games.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

@Memphis

@ Dallas

@ Golden State

Lakers
    I could imagine us winning 2 out of those 4 games, and if Ingram returns, potentially even 3.
    Basketball.

We are going to win our next two and which will motivate Griff to let Bi and Z come back and somehow make it in the play in

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    We are going to win our next two and which will motivate Griff to let Bi and Z come back and somehow make it in the play in
    At which point we'll get smashed to pieces against some team, not get any playoff games, but will hit the lottery to get like, the 11th pick or something.

Don't get me wrong, I think there will be players worth drafting at 11, but 11th is going to be galling when we could have had legit odds at top 4 and we throw them away for the sake one one extra not-even-playoff game.

I could imagine us winning 2 out of those 4 games, and if Ingram returns, potentially even 3.
    LOL y’all actually talking about play in game again. Alright y’all are on record now.

I will be highly perplexed and confused if Ingram sees another minute this year. For what?

Basketball Guru
    it could be my eyes but the defense look better and players switching better than they have the whole first half of the season....the damn b team that had the 10-15 bench role players are a joy to watch in these 2 games lol....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I will be highly perplexed and confused if Ingram sees another minute this year. For what?
    BECAUSE WE ARE THE ********ING PELICANS. Ok ima head out *its only a game, its only a game its only a game, its only a game*

Keep in mind when we beat Dallas & Memphis earlier this season they had no Luka or Morant.

You don’t think JJ had this circled on his calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well that's exactly my point, neither him nor Zion should.

But I can imagine a highly annoying situation in which we win against Memphis and Ingram's ''doubtful'' status returns to active play because Griff senses the play in and he would rather have the play in than a top 4 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    it could be my eyes but the defense look better and players switching better than they have the whole first half of the season....the damn b team that had the 10-15 bench role players are a joy to watch in these 2 games lol....
    But Pelicans fans will lie to themselves to say this will carry over next season or matter. It wont bro. Ive seen this with this franchise soooooooooo many times. Happy for Hayes man, but man CAN WE PLEASE SAVE OURSELVES FROM MEDIOCRITY?!? We keep winning and Pelican fans will be in for a rude awakening this off season when our biggest acquisition will be Larry Nance Jr and resigning Lonzo smh sigh.

You don’t think JJ Reddick is thinking he could put us out of our playoff misery this week?

But Pelicans fans will lie to themselves to say this will carry over next season or matter. It wont bro. Ive seen this with this franchise soooooooooo many times. Happy for Hayes man, but man CAN WE PLEASE SAVE OURSELVES FROM MEDIOCRITY?!? We keep winning and Pelican fans will be in for a rude awakening this off season when our biggest acquisition will be Larry Nance Jr and resigning Lonzo smh sigh.
    Pelicans fans looking at a team that can barely scrape the 10th seed.

''Run it back!''

Season ticket renewals not happening. Nobody buying this team until change happens

Well that's exactly my point, neither him nor Zion should.

But I can imagine a highly annoying situation in which we win against Memphis and Ingram's ''doubtful'' status returns to active play because Griff senses the play in and he would rather have the play in than a top 4 pick.
    Griff is much more concerned with not looking stupid to the national media than he is with putting the franchise first. Ego first, Pels 2nd

Keep in mind when we beat Dallas & Memphis earlier this season they had no Luka or Morant.

You don’t think JJ had this circled on his calendar?
    If the pelicans dont win this game i will go streaking. Im that confident we are about to #Pelslife the rest of this frustrating season. Like at this point im praying next Sunday gets here sooner. I cant take this season anymore. Its too damn stressful and i feel like im in a emotional abusive relationship as a fan at this point. Hayes was looking like Hakeem in the paint tonight against a team who was desperate to win this game bruh. Like WHY does this keep happening?!? Ughhh

''Run it back!''
    JJ Reddick and Luka, then Curry goes off again at home. it is done. Give it up

Eric Bledsoe and Steven Adams will carry the tank through. Please Stan play plenty of them this week! For the tank.

JJ Reddick and Luka, then Curry goes off again at home. it is done. Give it up
    I wish we would. Not sure why you're acting like I want there to be a play in push. ''Give it up'' yes, please, do! I want nothing more!

I don’t care how we finish at this point. I’m just enjoying the improved play of our 1st and 2nd year players.

Season ticket renewals not happening. Nobody buying this team until change happens
    Im telling you man for all the fans that keep saying "these wins are great for morale or development, tanking sucks, winners win etc." this off season is about to be VERY humbling and if we dont hit, and be a sure fire playoff team next year, Zion is signing that QO and will make this franchise even more stressful with him becoming a unrestrictied FA in year 5. Some people dont pay attention to the long game, and its small decsions like winning this game today that can LEGIT cause pretty bad chain reactions.

I have yet seen a realistic route outside of increasing our lotto odds that can make this team become a playoff lock next year. The only routes with this team being a 11 lotto team is all pretty difficult to drive, I feel like only a few fans are considering this and its honestly pissing me off because this off season its sooooooooooo crucial to the future of this franchise and folks dont want to acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I don’t care how we finish at this point. I’m just enjoying the improved play of our 1st and 2nd year players.
    You will care next year man if we miss the playoffs again. Better hope for a miracle lottery night at this point.

''Run it back!''

Thread Information