Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Jax with his 4th block. He's got 7 in his last two games.
    Basketball.

Jax is quietly becoming untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jax is quietly becoming untouchable
    He's been so good since he got those DNPs earlier in the year. For the last month or so he's been brilliant. So much growth from him in such little time, it's great to see.

Compare him to his first game with us last year and the difference is shocking. He's actively good on defense now rather than just potential, and he provides so much vertical spacing and variety in finishing options

Better passer than some think as well

Zion and Jax is the core

BI can go

Zion and Jax is the core

BI can go
    This town ain't big enough for more than one tall, exceedingly skinny guy with a 7'0+ wingspan.

Scary Terry might be a top 25 guy in this league

5 blocks for Jax

Scary Terry might be a top 25 guy in this league
    He is not.

I can understand the confusion though, every scoring guard looks like a top 20 player in the league against our guard defense.

Rozier and Ball got 60 points....

Is that what SVG drew up?

Now Jax decides to be a complete beast and win us this game

Sixth block for Jax, new career high

Now Jax decides to be a complete beast and win us this game
    Eh, I'll take it.

The loss would be very very helpful for the lottery but I can hardly complain if we win because one of the developing youth that should be playing right now turns into Dikembe Mutombo, can I?

Hayes you son of a **********

Finally resign ourselves to the tank, bench Zion and Ingram, Lonzo plays like garbage, we're ready to keep the tank on the road

And Bledsoe has potentially his best game of the season and Jax turns into Alonzo Mourning for us to win.

Just be good or don't, God's sake

Basketball Guru
    short handed team played hard second straight game....now i wish we would have won against the 76ers...

We're going to make the play ins and just get annihilated and immediately lose out, and get the worst of both worlds. No playoff appearance, but just good enough to wreck the draft pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    donato = Resident Fool

You literally said Covid would go away after the election. Nothing else that ever comes out of your mouth has any credibility.

This is not how you Tank

#PelsLife

You can't lose every game. Hit the tank way too late to really climb up meaningful picks. 8th still in reach tho.

For **** sake Chicago is winning big. Please Kings dont be morons later.

On the other hand, Jax continues excellent growth and NAW proves once again he's the best guard on the team by a mile.

The eastern conference is trash.

Jax and NAW

Griff da GOAT
    No! They did the tank wrong

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We're about to win every single game going forward.

I didn't want him (still would have preferred Billy Donovan, Kenny Atkinson or Stephen Silas), but nobody can convince me that SVG can't coach. Down three starters and 60 + points from the starting lineup, this team has responded in two consecutive games and played their tails off. This just doesn't happen by chance, as some might think. Very little preseason to work with, no extended time off between games to implement sets...if you can't see improvement in this team (especially defensively) you're working on another agenda.

Also, the ball movement we've seen in the last two games just doesn't happen during "Point Zion". Please, next year, let's let the premier finisher in basketball do just that. Let's let others orchestrate the action.

Thread Information