Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: May 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Philadelphia 76ers - 30-36

Just watching Kings/Spurs, hoping for the Kings win for obvious reasons, and it's just worth reiterating that for all of his massive flaws as a player overall, Buddy Hield can shoot, man.

He's shooting 39.2% on 10.2 attempts per game this year.
    He has never shot below 39% from 3 in a season.
    He averages 40.6% from 3 on 7.3 attempts per game for his career.

This is his 5th season (and remember, both this season and last year's were cut short, so not even full 82 game seasons) and he has made 1137 threes in his career, which is 89th all time.

There have been 16 NBA seasons all time in which a player has made at least 250 threes on at least 39% from 3. 7 of them belong to Stephen Curry, three of them belong to Buddy. The other names on that list are:

- Ray Allen (once)
    - Damian Lillard (once)
    - Dennis Scott (once)
    - Klay Thompson (twice)
    - Duncan Robinson (once)

All time shooter.
    Basketball.

Kings choke it late, annoying. Could have helped us!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Winning this game does nothing for us. It doesn't get us into the play-ins, and given how close the game was, Bledsoe hitting one three would not have meaningfully impacted the developmental experience the youth had in this game.

The loss may not help the lottery odds much but it does help; I've outlined this on the first page of this thread. If we lose out, there is a legitimate possibility of us having basically a 1/3rd chance at a top 4 pick; if we win just a couple of these games, those odds drop off from between 26 and 32%, to about 14%. That's a significant drop off.
    Winning such a game will mean a lot for those guys confidence and development. And I didn't mean Bledsoe to hit a 3, I just pointed the fact that even though we as a team missed 27 out of 36 attems we were still one short of a victory.
    As you said the loss most likely won't chang our position in the lottery, therefore I would have preferred to win this game, because they played really hard, but SVG apparently thought otherwise and benched JAX and Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by MartoT View Post
    Winning such a game will mean a lot for those guys confidence and development. And I didn't mean Bledsoe to hit a 3, I just pointed the fact that even though we as a team missed 27 out of 36 attems we were still one short of a victory.
    As you said the loss most likely won't chang our position in the lottery, therefore I would have preferred to win this game, because they played really hard, but SVG apparently thought otherwise and benched JAX and Kira.
    I don't really believe that's the case.

The guys on the team are young but they're not like, 4. By the time you're 19 or 20, you're a competitor and you want to compete hard but you're also aware of context and situations. Unless they're absolute children, someone like Jax is not going to look at that game and say ''oh well I played nice and put up good numbers and worked on some stuff with my teammates and the team kept it close but because we lost I can't take any confidence from this'', it's just not how people work. One or two missed shots is the difference between a win and a loss, and all the good stuff that went on doesn't disappear because of a singular shot's difference. It's not like the guys got steamrolled and demoralised.

As for the second point, my point is actually the opposite of what you said: a single game does not, in itself, change our lottery position but the aggregate of our wins and losses from here on out will, and losing any single game could - by the end - represent as much as a 200% increase in our chance at a top 4 pick. That's valuable.

I really enjoyed this game. Jaxson was really great in the second quarter. And then had some nice defensive plays. I really like Gabriel. He plays with a lot of effort and apparently can hit threes. I wonder if he stays

Heard through the grapevine ticket renewals for next season have been slow so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Heard through the grapevine ticket renewals for next season have been slow so far.
    That?s what happens when Griff over promise and consistently under deliver

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That?s what happens when Griff over promise and consistently under deliver
    But he kept Bledsoe good and healthy.

With Lakers free falling..

I'm not sure bet on them to bottom out next season. The reverse protection may hurt us if Laker rebound like they should next year. This year pick maybe be a better piece for a trade scenario. Especially, they get knocked out of the Play in.

Nothing really ever works in our favor like they are supposed to... Watch the Lakers go back to the finals next year.

8-30 protection is way too high for this year draft, but ehhhh... Lakers being 37-30 tho... So, they aren't even remotely close to being the best pick. I just worry they'll end up 28th next year if they pull in another star in the off season.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-08-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Because if he had, we would have won. Which is bad.
    The next game against the Hornets, they left Jax in the game at the end and we won.

https://streamable.com/a8nm4x

Thread Information