Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: May 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Philadelphia 76ers - 30-36

I do just want to note the annoying humour in Griff going ballistic pre-game to talk about how god-awful the refs have been not calling stuff for Zion, and then them immediately coming out and giving Embiid 10 FTAs in the first half.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well yeah it's a fractured finger and the play ins aren't for a few weeks, there's a small chance, but it doesn't really matter cause without him and Ingram we aren't making the play-ins.

Which is for the best, long term.
    Yes. And I don?t like to cheer on injuries, but it may be a blessing in disguise. We still have a shot in the lottery or for a guy like Wagner or Kispert

76ers should be ashamed

These kids are not bowing down and I absolutely love it.

Also as a side note, if Jax and Kira don't average 25 minutes a game from here until the end we're being silly
    Yes.

Where is JAX? Billy and Jax in the game together for a stretch.

Basketball Guru
    i got what i wanted...the team played hard....

Tank commander: Eric Bledsoe. If he is starting next year, I won’t give the Pels a dime to attend games.

Yeah I'll take 5 more of those.

Close games where young guys get good productive minutes but which we ultimately lose. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i got what i wanted...the team played hard....
    Same.

Too bad Jax couldnt get to 21. Nice game for Kira. More of that.

If he makes that mid range floater automatic...because nobody can stay in front of him.

Yeah I'll take 5 more of those.

Close games where young guys get good productive minutes but which we ultimately lose. Nice.
    Ditto. Perfect loss

Meanwhile, the Bulls are up 12 on the Celtics in the fourth. 8 minutes left to go, so things could change, but Bulls wins are good for us.

Lonzo is much more tank commander than Bledsoe. He has 5 out of 10 turnovers today (BTW one of the best games in that regard) and Bledsoe's hustle play after his poor pass gave them a chance. And some of his 3 point attemps are just ridiculous. In the 2nd quarter we were making a run and get back to two points with Kira and Bled, and 2-3 min after Lonzo returned we were down 14-15.
    The big mystery here was why JAX didn't played last 3-4min, he was the best offensive player today and in that last play he would have caught the ball.
    Anyway, they played with great energy, very few turnovers and needed only one of the 27 missed 3s to go in.
    Last edited by MartoT; 05-07-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartoT View Post
    Lonzo is much more tank commander than Bledsoe. He has 5 out of 10 turnovers today (BTW one of the best games in that regard) and Bledsoe's hustle play after his poor pass gave them a chance. And some of his 3 point attemps are just ridiculous. In the 2nd quarter we were making a run and get back to two points with Kira and Bled, and 2-3 min after Lonzo returned we were down 14-15.
    The big mystery here was why JAX didn't played last 3-4min, he was the best offensive player today and in that last play he would have caught the ball.
    Anyway, they played with great energy, very few turnovers and needed only one of the 27 missed 3s to go in.
    Because if he had, we would have won. Which is bad.

Because if he had, we would have won. Which is bad.
    Beating the No1 in the East on a road with so many missing players could be never a bad thing for those young players. And it won't change much the position for the lottery.

Need to ask the little fat bowling ball midget why. SVG is incompetent.

Beating the No1 in the East on a road with so many missing players could be never a bad thing for those young players. And it won't change much the position for the lottery.
    No need to take chances. Let's succeed at something this year and get this 0-6 crackin.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No need to take chances. Let's succeed at something this year and get this 0-6 crackin.
    This is sounds lovely. No sarcasm
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Need to ask the little fat bowling ball midget why. SVG is incompetent.
    Poor choice of games to go down this road. Incorporating the zone gave the 6'ers fits.

Well coached game and above average execution of game plan is how I see it.

Winning this game does nothing for us. It doesn't get us into the play-ins, and given how close the game was, Bledsoe hitting one three would not have meaningfully impacted the developmental experience the youth had in this game.

The loss may not help the lottery odds much but it does help; I've outlined this on the first page of this thread. If we lose out, there is a legitimate possibility of us having basically a 1/3rd chance at a top 4 pick; if we win just a couple of these games, those odds drop off from between 26 and 32%, to about 14%. That's a significant drop off.

And the Bulls picked up a win against Boston, which again, is good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Tank commander: Eric Bledsoe. If he is starting next year, I won?t give the Pels a dime to attend games.
    Hey at least our medical staff kept him healthy. LOL

Trolls come in defense of Griff

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trolls come in defense of Griff

Skip never misses an opportunity to jab Luka.

I wish this Wes Iwundu nonsense comes to an end and get Didi a couple games on the floor. Hopefully next L...I mean game.

Thread Information