Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: May 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Philadelphia 76ers - 30-36

I feel ya. That would be great esp if we get someone fantastic out of it.

I wonder if this is why BI was so down (his body language didn't seem right) the last few games, the issues w/ the refs could have been affecting him.

I understand it's not the smartest thing to do, but I hope we play to win.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I understand it's not the smartest thing to do, but I hope we play to win.
    yeah i want to see the whole team play and the younguns play hard..if we loose we loose but play hard...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    yeah i want to see the whole team play and the younguns play hard..if we loose we loose but play hard...
    I am very curious to see what Lonzo does in the remaining games. Will he increase his value and make us match a higher contract or will it be too high to match? Or he will suck and we sign him for 15mil per year

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    6 game losing streak to end the year, 30-42 record, top 5 pick here we come.
    We would have to luck out in the lottery. I think the worst we could finish would probably be 8 or 9. We still could be the 10th worst team if the Kings, Raptors, and Bulls fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    We would have to luck out in the lottery. I think the worst we could finish would probably be 8 or 9. We still could be the 10th worst team if the Kings, Raptors, and Bulls fold.
    Could, but if we lost out from here (very possible, given how bad we are on the road, plus missing both Ingram and Zion and potentially also Adams, plus Hart still out) we'd finish 30-42.

Houston, Minnesota, OKC, Detroit, Cleveland, Orlando will all be definitely worse.

Toronto is 27-40: their final games include Memphis, Chicago, and Indiana, who are all teams they could beat. They could finish 30-42, tied with us, fairly plausibly.
    Kings are currently 29-37: their final games include OKC twice and Memphis twice; they could easily pick up 2 or 3 wins in those four games. Them finishing 31-41 isn't at all unrealistic.
    Bulls are 27-39: they're the team that I think are most likely to finish with a definitively worse record, since they play Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Utah, and obvious if Toronto beat them as well that would put them at at least 43 losses.

So it would take a bit of luck but we could easily finish with something like the 7th or 8th worst record in the league, and 7th and 8th lottery spots give you a 26.3% and a 31.9% chance at a top 4 pick respectively. 8th worst record gives you a 1 in 4 chance, basically, of a top 4 pick: I'll take those odds for sure.
    Basketball.

Also as a side note, if Jax and Kira don't average 25 minutes a game from here until the end we're being silly

Ahhh...so they decided to join the chess game after all. Do NOT win any more games.

Bravo Pelicans. Bravo.

PING PONG!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I am very curious to see what Lonzo does in the remaining games. Will he increase his value and make us match a higher contract or will it be too high to match? Or he will suck and we sign him for 15mil per year

simmons since like he taking it personal on defense with lonzo and lonzo is not making him pay...its still early lol..

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I don't think it's possible for him to increase his value now.

Nobody can or should care, when it comes to things like contract value, what a player does when there's zero expectation to win and they're being allowed to just go wild in a role that they will never play on a functional team.

Did he blame himself for trading Holiday for garbage? Okay my bad. At least the training staff kept Bledsoe healthy.

Jax is so so so fun.

Jaxson Hayes doing his thing, baby hook and all. Lol.

Now there are reports Zion could return if we did make the play in playoffs.

Like these announcers. Seems like they're kinda rooting for us.

Jax is so so so fun.
    Jaxson Reed Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Now there are reports Zion could return if we did make the play in playoffs.
    Well yeah it's a fractured finger and the play ins aren't for a few weeks, there's a small chance, but it doesn't really matter cause without him and Ingram we aren't making the play-ins.

Which is for the best, long term.

Jason Hayes Show. Fun stuff.

It's amazing how many 3s we miss, then the other team goes down and makes theirs effortlessly.

Jax with a season high 19 points already.

Career high is 20.

Sloppy play to end it there. But yeah, good to see Jaxson doing his thing.

Jax great

Lonzo has the worst handles for a guard in the league

Thread Information