Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: May 4th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State - 29-36

Pelican network guys doing a disservice showing the awkward dad cam on live TV.

If there one fireable offense for SVG... It's the constant pulling Zion at the 6 minute mark in the 4th.

Zion hasn't had a FT since, I think, the first quarter.

This is getting silly. He's clearly been fouled several times.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If there one fireable offense for SVG... It's the constant pulling Zion at the 6 minute mark in the 4th.
    I agree, he should play Zion 46 minutes a night

Late game Lonzo v Draymond shootout

Late Game scoring run
    Another team not name Pelicans imploding
    A missed call that benefit the Pelicans

What reality we in...

Three nights ago; we keep Lonzo

Last Night we got to get rid of Lonzo

Tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Three nights ago; we keep Lonzo

Last Night we got to het rid of Lonzo

Tonight?
    Can I get a Normal Powell... and I'll be cool with Lonzo.

It's still what it's always been.

Keep Lonzo if the price is below $18m, let him go if it's higher.

The fact that he can go 0/8, 8/17, 1/9, 7/13 from 3 in four consecutive games is part of the reason. Zero consistency for him. It's all or it's absolutely nothing.

Lonzo responded tonight in a big way. Major props to him. Hope he can build some consistency going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Lonzo responded tonight in a big way. Major props to him. Hope he can build some consistency going forward.
    Only 6 games left after tonight. Pretty impossible to establish consistency.

Lol I'm taking credit for this Lonzo perfomance because of my pro-Zo post on page 1.

Pelicans win, 108-103

Zion: 23/12/7 with 4 steals and a block on 8/17 shooting
    Ingram: 13/3/5 with 2 steals on 5/15 shooting
    Adams: 1/8/2 on 0/3 shooting
    Lonzo: 33/6/4 with a steal on 11/23 shooting (7/13 from 3)
    Bledsoe: 14/5/4 on 5/11 shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pelicans win, 108-103

Zion: 23/12/7 with 4 steals and a block on 8/17 shooting
    Ingram: 13/3/5 with 2 steals on 5/15 shooting
    Adams: 1/8/2 on 0/3 shooting
    Lonzo: 33/6/4 with a steal on 11/23 shooting (7/13 from 3)
    Bledsoe: 14/5/4 on 5/11 shooting
    ...and only 12 TO's, too. huh?

Lonzo seriously confuses me. Who the hell is he really?

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    He's inconsistent. That's who he is.

If the shot is falling from 3, he's a presence. If it's not, he isn't. That's who he is: it's not a mystery. One dimensional scorer who vanishes when his one dimension isn't on.

Reason you flip a coin on whether to keep him or not. He has 50/50 chance based off his inconsistency 50- good and 50 - bad.

Lonzo had to come up big tonight. Draymond had Zion in his pocket a bit in that 4th. I like it when our offense runs through Zion, but I don’t like it when we force it and it leads to turnovers. Zion was smart to defer to the hot hand

Only 6 games left after tonight. Pretty impossible to establish consistency.
    Maybe not, but I'm happy for Lonzo. Clearly this was the biggest game of his career. I think the baggage of his old man coupled with the LA spotlight and all of the nonsense that went on there has screwed with this kid's head. Whether or not he stays with the Pels hopefully he can start to get out of his own head a bit. I don't think he'll ever be the star everyone pretended he was (including him) but he's clearly got some NBA skills and should have a decent career.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Maybe not, but I'm happy for Lonzo. Clearly this was the biggest game of his career. I think the baggage of his old man coupled with the LA spotlight and all of the nonsense that went on there has screwed with this kid's head. Whether or not he stays with the Pels hopefully he can start to get out of his own head a bit. I don't think he'll ever be the star everyone pretended he was (including him) but he's clearly got some NBA skills and should have a decent career.
    Yeah I've said a few times (and so have others, not claiming uniqueness here) that he has some good skills and if he can get it out of his head that he's supposed to be a point guard and just accept himself as a connecting wing-type player (think better shooting but worse defense version of old-man Iguodala for Golden State) then he'll end up a useful player to a team somewhere.

I just don't think that team is here. He hasn't established anything like the consistency yet for me to justify paying him the kind of money he probably wants and I don't want to pay him $20m+ for the next three years in the hope that he figures things out by year 4.

The formula to win big games is take BI and Adams out at the end of games.

He's probably the highest ceiling (R)FA guard this offseason, unfortunately. It's pretty much...

Him and Powell...
    and a bunch of 32+ year old guards.
    I'd give a flier to Derrick Rose, but I'm biased.

Zion hasn't had a FT since, I think, the first quarter.

This is getting silly. He's clearly been fouled several times.

It's todays NBA. The refs simply aren't calling a lot of contact on drives to the basket or attempts around the basket. it's why our team is so poorly constructed for the game right now. I guess the NBA is concerned about slowing the game down too much. But in doing so they've basically created a jump shooting league. I guess they're happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    He's probably the highest ceiling (R)FA guard this offseason, unfortunately. It's pretty much...

Him and Powell...
    and a bunch of 32+ year old guards.
    I'd give a flier to Derrick Rose, but I'm biased.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    It's todays NBA. The refs simply aren't calling a lot of contact on drives to the basket or attempts around the basket. it's why our team is so poorly constructed for the game right now. I guess the NBA is concerned about slowing the game down too much. But in doing so they've basically created a jump shooting league. I guess they're happy with it.
    It's nonsense.

I refuse to accept concern over ''slowing the game'' as a reason, because if that was anything close to true they'd stop the 15 or 20 minutes of refs reviewing uncontested fouls every game. If anything, the game is slower today than it was even 5 years ago due to the quantity of coach's contests, ref reviews, et cetera. And it's not that they just won't call things around the basket: both Giannis and Embiid get 11+ FTAs a game. It's literally just refusal to call them for Zion at this point.

Thread Information