Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: May 4th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State - 29-36

Pelicans May 4th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State - 29-36

Take two.
    Basketball.

Lose this one-- shut it down.

Don't play checkers while the Spurs play chess.

Another day of Curry embarrassing Bledsoe brought to you by Smoothie King and Ballys Sports Entertainment.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-04-2021 at 08:45 AM.

I’m feeling lucky tonight. I’m putting money down Curry 30+ points tonight. Brought to you by Ballys.

Basketball Guru
    the team started last game like they didnt care or the game plan was, we're going to feel them out in the 1st game to see what the game plan is and then adjust and come out and win the next 2 against golden state....

if we loose tonight then im onboard with loosing every game the rest of the season for draft pick thing majority of yall been down with.....

i want a new starting back court next season...

Never Forget

And the Pelicans are oddly -2 point favs. If I still betted games boy I'd jump on that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And the Pelicans are oddly -2 point favs. If I still betted games boy I'd jump on that.
    Let me look at my model. I think I got some data btb rematches this season being kind out if a standout abbreviation, because of the condensed season.

Yeahhhhhhh... I wouldn't bet on the Pelicans. There is a more consistent trend to being swept than splitting the btb for sub par 0.400 team. Just not a safe hit rate in my data.

It could still hit, but extremely doubtful with GS matching up well from a backcourt standpoint and Wiggins being a good fit to defend Ingram. Zion would have to go nuclear for us with a good bench showing and If they can keep Wiggins off Ingram to actually get shots off.

It was a slow first 90 seconds but a few buckets from Ingram and Bledsoe drop, which is nice to see

Ingram looks like he's playing rushed. Just putting shots up indiscriminately right now

Lonzo, Zion, and Ingram begin the game a combined 2/10 from the floor.

Not good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lonzo, Zion, and Ingram begin the game a combined 2/10 from the floor.

Not good!
    LMAO!! I see what you're doing there,

Obviously I don't love Lonzo's inefficiency at the rim, but I do love that he is pushing the issue finally and attacking the rim and taking short shots.

Now he isn't making anything, so of course that sucks. But we all know Lonzo learns by doing. His 3 shot got better after a whole off season and 3/4 of a full season of repetition. Right now he looks like a guy at the rec who is trying to learn how to drive. Given his track record of learning new skills I am willing to wait and see.

It also helps that I have accepted that we are going to give this man 22-23 mil/yr on a long term deal whether it makes sense or not so I'm not thinking about it everytime he bricks the bottom of the rim.

I get everyone's hesitation though.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post

It also helps that I have accepted that we are going to give this man 22-23 mil/yr on a long term deal whether it makes sense or not so I'm not thinking about it everytime he bricks the bottom of the rim.

I get everyone's hesitation though.
    Yeah, that's called ''coping'' and it's not nice.

It's kind of ironic/funny/horribly painful that our style of awful defense is also our kryptonite on offense.

When opponents use The Pels special of close on every single drive ever and leave the 3 pt shot wide open they dominate us

Lonzo's shooting is so inconsistent it's absurd.

His last 4 games:

Tonight: 3/4 from 3 so far
    Last night: 1/9 from 3
    Game before: 8/17 from 3
    Game before that: 0/8 from 3

Basketball Guru
    why are we missing so many layups/put backs....

We are almost half way through the second quarter, and not one starter for the Pelicans has a personal foul. Some will say that's a good thing. but it's not. It's an indication that they are playing soft. The numbers and our eyes agree.

Kira's pretty dreadful.

Lonzo is chirping tonight!

I’m getting some 2015 NBA playoff vibes from this game. The Warriors annoy me.

Zion might be as dominant inside as Steph is outside.

Halftime, Pels down one: 57-56

Zion: 15/7/3 with a steal on 5/8 shooting (62.5%) and 5/6 from the line 83.3%
    Ingram: 7/1/4 with 2 steals on 3/12 shooting (25%) including 1/3 from 3 (33.3%)
    Lonzo: 16/3/2 with a steal on 6/12 shooting (50.0%) and 4/6 from 3 (66.6%)

Adams: 1/5/2 on 0/3 shooting
    Bled: 5/2/1 on 2/4 shooting
    JJ: 4/2/0 on 1/1 shooting
    Naji: 4/4/2 on 2/5 shooting
    Jax: 4/4 with a steal on 2/4 shooting
    Kira: 0/0/0 on 0/5 shooting (big oof)

Thread Information