Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State - 29-35

Pelicans May 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State - 29-35

As the final games of the year grow closer, the play-in margins get even tighter, and we balance the awkward part of the season where it's fully possible for us to simultaneously hurt our draft pick badly without actually making the playoffs; great stuff.

Tonight we take on the 32-32 Golden State Warriors. We need to win at least 2 of the 3 games against Golden State to have any real outside chance at the play-ins, so this is a big one for the Play In People.

Golden State are 8-4 in their last 12 games and have picked up wins over Denver and Philly, but most of their wins in this span come against relatively poor teams like Houston and Sacramento. That's no reason for us to be confident, however, as we are a relatively poor team like Sacramento.

Steph Curry has been on fire for this whole year but most prominently over the last month or so, in which he's been the closest to his 2016 self that we've seen since that year. Since the first of last month (April), Curry has averaged 37/6/5 on 51/46/90 splits, taking 13.9 threes a game. He has had 40 points five different times, including a 49 and a 53 point game, and at least 30 another eight times. He has been in complete and utter flamethrower mode, the kind of thing that no other player in NBA history has ever been able to do; scoring of this volume on this level of efficiency is a unique Steph Curry thing.

And of course, notoriously, we have one of the worst guard defenses in the NBA. Either we're going to get very lucky and Curry will flame out, or he's putting up 40. Let's see which happens tonight.
    Basketball.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-03-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Negative points for missed shots!

Meanwhile Lakers shutting down Lebron?

Basketball Guru
    im saying it now...we will hold curry to 25-27 points and win the game tonight....book it....if you are a gambler, go put some bread on it...

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Meanwhile Lakers shutting down Lebron?

Aren’t y’all glad to see Davis can carry the Lakers? Lol

Aren?t y?all glad to see Davis can carry the Lakers? Lol
    "Th-Th-That's All Folks!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im saying it now...we will hold curry to 25-27 points and win the game tonight....book it....if you are a gambler, go put some bread on it...
    Not the biggest fan of prop bets, but Curry line for 30+ isn't that big of a pay day anyway.

That's a brave bet. I'm no gambler but it's not something I'd put any money on.

Guards drop 35+ on us regularly, on absurd efficiency; we can stop nobody. Curry has only scored fewer than 27 points once in the last month, when he had 18 a few weeks back. Expecting us of all teams to hold him to that is a risky proposition.

Imo, if Curry has a rough night it will just be cause he can't find his rhythm. I doubt we do anything to disturb him or the shots he gets.

Aren’t y’all glad to see Davis can carry the Lakers? Lol
    He still looks rough as hell to be honest. I know we like to give him shtick for obvious reasons but watching that game against Toronto the other night he legit looked like he had trouble running. His legs look shot, there was no footspeed at all.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's a brave bet. I'm no gambler but it's not something I'd put any money on.

Guards drop 35+ on us regularly, on absurd efficiency; we can stop nobody. Curry has only scored fewer than 27 points once in the last month, when he had 18 a few weeks back. Expecting us of all teams to hold him to that is a risky proposition.

Imo, if Curry has a rough night it will just be cause he can't find his rhythm. I doubt we do anything to disturb him or the shots he gets.

dae, you got to believe in the pelicans....this is a playoff game for our younguns....the baby birds will step up in this stretch of last games.....

stan will trap curry and make wiggins try and beat us but we coming out with the win....

dae, you got to believe in the pelicans....this is a playoff game for our younguns....the baby birds will step up in this stretch of last games.....

stan will trap curry and make wiggins try and beat us but we coming out with the win....
    What has this team done this year to give me any real reason to believe in them?

I wouldn't be shocked if we won. The Warriors are not a great team and we have shown that we are capable of winning games: we've had a few good ones, including recently. But I also wouldn't be shocked if we lost, because we have also shown that we are capable of losing to anyone at any time. And even if we win, I don't believe that will be because we shut Curry down, it will be because the Warriors were unable to get much going outside of Curry: they have a bottom 10 offense.

''This is a playoff game for our younguns'' - precisely why I don't think we're likely to do well. This team has regularly struggled hard in the clutch this year, and the Warriors are a team with super high tier veterans who have been here before.

We are four points away from being 6-0 over our last six games (2 point loses each to San Antonio and Denver), A common thread in these games has been the stellar center play (especially the last four games). I wonder if we re-sign Willy H'Gomez.

Hold Curry to 25 - 27? You made me cough.

I'm sitting here wondering of Kobe's record is in danger.

Looks like Bally Sports has finally taken over the FSSW app and, even though I live in Louisiana, they're only letting me see Dallas teams.

Or I'm just an idiot and the game is on ESPN and the link that won't work is the upcoming game on Wed. Oh ok. That's it.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-03-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Classic Lonzo revenge trash game

Well, that's largely the start I expected.

Curry has 7 points in 5 minutes.

I don't think we're going to limit him to 25, guys.

Lonzo has been brutal so far. Mis-timed passes (including alleys he usually makes), wasting screens, a silly foul.

Wow I'm learning so much about the players today

Zion V Curry score-off right now

Curry: 10pts on 4/7 shooting
    Zion: 10pts on 3/5 shooting

The distinction right now is in supporting cast. Warriors roster has added 21 to Curry's 10, Pels roster only 9.

Bledsoe is being clueless, Lonzo has been nothing. Glad Naji is on the floor.

Is Brandon Ingram sleeping on defense during this game?

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Is Brandon Ingram sleeping on defense during this game?
    He has been

uh

bad so far. To put it diplomatically. On both ends, really.

Usually when he has a really rough first half though he's a lot better in the second so fingers crossed for that.

Nice Lonzo pass

Thread Information