Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: May 1st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 28-35

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This is mainly why I’m against making play-ins at this point. It is absolutely clear what we lack (and have been lacking for most of the season). Get the best 3&D-wing/combo-forward you can find in the draft and find a good short term signing or two that can bring the spacing we desperately need next to B and Z. Just bring in actual shooters. Not the “might be okay someday” guys. We have enough potential.
    Agreed.

Another missed free throw. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    But haven’t we heard this so many times before? In time? I am not trying to argue with you, but when does “ in time” turn into “time is now”?
    This rebuild is less than 2 years old.

I get the frustration because to fans, it feels like it's been forever, but this actual rebuild, with this owner and this GM and this POBO and this superstar, is less than 2 years old.

My personal view is that we should be a real playoff team next year. Doesn't have to be a top 4 seed, but we should be legitimately in the running for a real playoff spot, not crying and scraping for the 10th seed. That will be Zion and Jax's 3rd year, Ingram's 3rd year with the team, and the first season where SVG gets a real training camp, and hopefully some roster upgrades.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This rebuild is less than 2 years old.

I get the frustration because to fans, it feels like it's been forever, but this actual rebuild, with this owner and this GM and this POBO and this superstar, is less than 2 years old.

My personal view is that we should be a real playoff team next year. Doesn't have to be a top 4 seed, but we should be legitimately in the running for a real playoff spot, not crying and scraping for the 10th seed. That will be Zion and Jax's 3rd year, Ingram's 3rd year with the team, and the first season where SVG gets a real training camp, and hopefully some roster upgrades.
    Fair enough.

Zion bucket makes it a 1 possession game

Bad defense by BI.

Edit-do you think Steph Curry is licking his lips for Monday and Tuesday?

Zion with another bucket ties it

Billy makes a shot, feels like his first of the night, ties it again

This team is one legit closer away from being a consistent playoff team.

And we go to OT.

Of course we do.

When is BI going to become consistent
    SIGN A SF

Overtime starts with an assist by Zion and then a bucket by Zion

Zion with another set of FTs, makes both

Zion gets another bucket to fall

KAT has fouled out. Time to take advantage.

Zion going all 80s action hero mode

Of course, I finally get on the tanking train, then this happens? Maybe it’s me? Ha

Funny thing is getting a high draft pick this year fixes all of this?
    I think this is what frustrates so many of us. In the 15 drafts between 2005 and 2019, the Pels won the lottery twice. They drafted CP3, AD, and Zion. How many other teams have drafted THREE team centerpieces in the past 17 years and only have 5 playoff appearances to show for it? And only one finish higher than 6th seed.

What a tank job by Minny here

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I think this is what frustrates so many of us. In the 15 drafts between 2005 and 2019, the Pels won the lottery twice. They drafted CP3, AD, and Zion. How many other teams have drafted THREE team centerpieces in the past 17 years and only have 5 playoff appearances to show for it? And only one finish higher than 6th seed.
    Exactly what I am thinking also. But I can see Dae and others thoughts on talent acquisition.

Of course, I finally get on the tanking train, then this happens? Maybe it’s me? Ha
    We're winning but I'm feeling a little

Lonzo gets FTs, makes some

Exactly what I am thinking also. But I can see Dae and others thoughts on talent acquisition.
    It's a necessary/sufficient issue. Talent is necessary, but not sufficient; you need luck, chemistry, health, etc to help. But the first step is getting the talent: nothing can substitute for that.

MORE missed ft.....

Thread Information