Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: April 28th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 27-34

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Or the officials did us a favor. So why be mad? Knocked out of playoffs long time ago and you are still worried about officiating?
    Fair is fair at the end of the day but I guess some people in this forum love to operate in a toxic environment with no type of objective discussion. Carry on.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 04-29-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Speaking of CP3, the Suns just secured their first playoff berth in 11 years.

I was told it was a 2 year rebuild, but hey who's counting?
    Just remember you passed on Chris Paul for a guy(Bledsoe)that does not care. If the Pelicans are on the 10 years rebuild plan then what year are we on? Why has Griff. said multiple time we are a win now team not later?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-29-2021 at 08:27 AM.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Just remember you passed on Chris Paul for a guy(Bledsoe)that does not care. If the Pelicans are on the 10 years rebuild plan then what year are we on? Why has Griff. said multiple time we are a win now team not later?
    We passed on Chris Paul!? Oy vey!! You can't pass up an opportunity that was never presented. This board is really stupid more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The 2 minute report will say "hand is part of the ball" no foul.

But usually 10 times out of 10, refs make that call.

Unless it's the pathetic lil Pels that is.
    I was a bit suprised the foul wasn't called. If the game was tied or the Pels were up, I could see why the refs would be hesitant to blow the whistle because their call would then possibly decide the game at that point. In this case blowing the call at best would create an overtime possibility, so one would assume that in case of doubt the refs would blow it to make sure their no call didn't decide the game the other way.

I do wonder if the refs aren't getting a bit gun shy about blowing the whistle due to the use of replay to second guess them. No whistle = no replay.

And I lay the blame on Zion a bit, because it was such a tepid move on his part and tepid reaction to the foul. I kind of thought Zion would make a more explosive play towards the basket, and then sell the foul a bit more. It's almost like Zion didn't really expect to get the ball from BI despite the fact he was in the dunker's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post

And I lay the blame on Zion a bit, because it was such a tepid move on his part and tepid reaction to the foul. I kind of thought Zion would make a more explosive play towards the basket, and then sell the foul a bit more. It's almost like Zion didn't really expect to get the ball from BI despite the fact he was in the dunker's position.
    ....but ISO Ingram doesn't share the ball, does he?

TIC

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    ....but ISO Ingram doesn't share the ball, does he?
    I didn't say that. Ingram does a pretty good job of that. Sometimes to a fault. It's why I'm suprised that Zion didn't seem prepared to explode to the basket when he caught the ball. Of course the other possibility is that Zion was gassed. I don't know. Playing in Denver is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I didn't say that. Ingram does a pretty good job of that. Sometimes to a fault. It's why I'm suprised that Zion didn't seem prepared to explode to the basket when he caught the ball. Of course the other possibility is that Zion was gassed. I don't know. Playing in Denver is a killer.
    Yeah, I guess. He just exerts too much energy defensively and jumping on all those boards. But, no one can say that 'Point Zion' isn't a massive success, huh?

TIC

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    We passed on Chris Paul!? Oy vey!! You can't pass up an opportunity that was never presented. This board is really stupid more often than not.
    Correction Steven Adams instead of CP3

https://pelicandebrief.com/2020/11/1...rs-chris-paul/

No let’s train Lonzo instead

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/...cans-swap-pgs/

Your comments are gold

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-...for-chris-paul

Never forget. We took Steven Adams and kept Lonzo

Apart from Griffin being foolish on several occasions? I think ownership played a big part in us being overly ambitious too soon. Tom wanted to ?WIN NOW?- and Gayle was probably just as adamant about ?WINNING NOW.? You don?t want to go all in too early or you end up with Omer Asik and Solomon Hill. I think Gayle is learning that the NBA is a different beast from the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Apart from Griffin being foolish on several occasions? I think ownership played a big part in us being overly ambitious too soon. Tom wanted to ?WIN NOW?- and Gayle was probably just as adamant about ?WINNING NOW.? You don?t want to go all in too early or you end up with Omer Asik and Solomon Hill. I think Gayle is learning that the NBA is a different beast from the NFL
    Hold my beer,

Signed,

Lakers,Nets,Warriors,Clippers

Hold my beer,

Signed,

Lakers,Nets,Warriors,Clippers
    Big markets where players actually wanted to go. Right. But no your right. Lebron was dying to come to New Orleans but we couldn’t put the package together. Bummer

Big markets where players actually wanted to go. Right. But no your right. Lebron was dying to come to New Orleans but we couldn’t put the package together. Bummer
    Big markets? Milwaukee? Salt Lake City?

Big markets? Milwaukee? Salt Lake City?
    Right but did they do it in two years, one being Covid stricken and the next without a training camp? Our ownership and coaching staff are far from perfect (and I’d agree with you that some teams are the exception), but this is the norm. Teams don’t tend to come out of the gate firing until they build up some continuity. Our roster has had massive turnover and our coaching staff as well.

And for the record, I agree we have made many mistakes. Retaining Gentry, trading for Steven without offloading Bled and the fact that we allowed Alvin to bench NAW in favor of Moore and Frank. It’s not all doom and gloom at all though. We get some shooting and defensive potential and this roster will bloom. The lack of spacing (and defense) is what is killing us.

And for the record, I agree we have made many mistakes. Retaining Gentry, trading for Steven without offloading Bled and the fact that we allowed Alvin to bench NAW in favor of Moore and Frank. It’s not all doom and gloom at all though. We get some shooting and defensive potential and this roster will bloom. The lack of spacing (and defense) is what is killing us.
    #Pels Life

Dont think anyone realizes they play again tonight.

This schedule makes me tired.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Your comments are gold

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-...for-chris-paul

Never forget. We took Steven Adams and kept Lonzo
    "Are expected to show interest" Yeah, that really shows that we could have had him. You stay gold!!

Pels could have had CP3. If they kept Jrue. There was a path where Lonzo, JJ, other matching salary, and a pick went out for CP3 and basically you had this top heavy team with CP3, Jrue, Ingram, and Zion. Then, you would have had to give Jrue a big extension like Milwaukee did. And the team would have probably been really, really good. But would point Zion have emerged? Would Ingram have gotten more playmaking opportunities? Would they have flexibility to build the right roster around Zion as CP3 and then Jrue started to decline and were either overpaid or gone?

Honestly, I would have loved to see it. Much more than what we have now. But Griff keeps talking about building a SUSTAINABLE winner, and that path would have gone against his long term vision. But it sure would have been fun this year, especially if we stayed healthy
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd like to think that CP3, Jrue, Zion, and Ingram team still allows some point Zion to emerge. All four wouldn't be on the court all game long. And we know Jrue would rather be off ball than on it. Depends on how much CP3 is about bringing out the best in players without his first input. Like if he saw something in practice? Worked with him together?

Been interesting to say the least.

Oh wells. There's so much NFL stuff going on, I can put the Pels on the mental backburner for a few days before I wallow in the muck with my hunk of diamond we lucked into.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Pels could have had CP3. If they kept Jrue. There was a path where Lonzo, JJ, other matching salary, and a pick went out for CP3 and basically you had this top heavy team with CP3, Jrue, Ingram, and Zion. Then, you would have had to give Jrue a big extension like Milwaukee did. And the team would have probably been really, really good. But would point Zion have emerged? Would Ingram have gotten more playmaking opportunities? Would they have flexibility to build the right roster around Zion as CP3 and then Jrue started to decline and were either overpaid or gone?

Honestly, I would have loved to see it. Much more than what we have now. But Griff keeps talking about building a SUSTAINABLE winner, and that path would have gone against his long term vision. But it sure would have been fun this year, especially if we stayed healthy

you trade for cp3....keep jrue for a year to build a winning vibe with ingram and zion.....then trade jrue to build around zion and ingram and find cp3 backup/replacement.....next let cp3 go or trade him if he had a year left....by that time we should have had good pieces on the team to vibe with zion and ingram.....

zion and ingram would have been playing in the playoffs and would have had the hunger to not wanting to miss the playoffs again........majority of the fans happy....and just maybe some good older players coming here to play backup roles....

Also, why say that to me when I was very vocally in favour of acquiring CP3 lmao
    Basketball.

also, just in case anyone missed it.

"Are expected to show interest" Yeah, that really shows that we could have had him. You stay gold!!
    You stay teal. Enjoy Steven Adams and I don’t care Eric.

Thread Information