Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: April 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 26-33

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think this is where I disagree.

The talent on this roster is actually pretty deficient. The potential talent of this team is really high but almost none of it is actualised in on-court play yet. Jax, Naji, Kira, and when he's healthy NAW, all show signs and indicators of being potentially really good and impactful players but none of them are there yet (though some of them are closer than they were even six months ago, see: Jax) and the end result is that we just get Out-Talented most nights.

Not every night: there are other rosters without much talent as well. But very often we find ourselves playing a small handful of NBA players against a real NBA roster and that's why we get our faces rubbed into the dirt. One of the reasons, anyway.
    I think your definition of talent is from a different perspective on the same thing. I come from music, TV, and film. So talent is just like a good natural voice for singing or speaking. Like Mitt Romney has a great voice. A natural talent. But he’s in politics, so who cares what he has to say? It’s all worthless and self serving.

This Pelicans squad has that. Natural gifts. And talents. But they’re squandering it. Not developing and directing it properly. It’s a greater shame when talent is wasted than when the try hard fails due to lack of talent. Like Dan Dickau’s effort and drive were worth a thousand Bledsoe talents.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Again, I ask, dae, who shares the ball more on this team as evidenced by averaging 35%+ more assists per game, "Point Zion" or "ISO Ingram"?
    I knew you would never touch this one in a million years, dae. How could you?

Thread Information